Sunderland AFC

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You won, took you chance and rode your luck when needed. Huge win, so fair play.

We have Chelsea next week so will get nothing there no doubt. As I've thought for months, we are screwed.

That late penalty is huuuuge for you lot, though. Yeah, it went against you with our win, but you have a game in hand and have done well keeping clean sheets. A draw pulls you out of the drop zone due to goal differential. This thing is far, far from over, sadly :(

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Never Give Up, Never Surrender.

Several players had bad games on the road.
Yedlin was close to disaster. PVA was invisible.
They continue to give the ball away too cheaply.
Cats keeps them in it while holding them back, although less often of late.

They were pretty good in the last 20 minutes.
Somehow Dafoe created a goal out of pure guile.

Staying Alive.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Never Give Up, Never Surrender.

Several players had bad games on the road.
Yedlin was close to disaster. PVA was invisible.
They continue to give the ball away too cheaply.
Cats keeps them in it while holding them back, although less often of late.

They were pretty good in the last 20 minutes.
Somehow Dafoe created a goal out of pure guile.

Staying Alive.

I like that.

Can't wait to hammer Chelsea now :billthecat:

Stout

Reaction score
Yep, it's pretty much done and dusted now. All you lot need is a win, or two draws, or a loss or draw from us regardless of what you do, though Norwich could catch you in the last instance with two very unlikely wins. You lot are in the catbird seat :(

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
What a complete game. Great energy and purpose from beginning to end.

They spent 237 days in the bottom 3 this season but they really improved in the second half.

Stout

Reaction score
Over the moon!

Ha ha, Jack Colback! Ginger git.

I was hoping we'd handle this with class, but I suppose that was far too much to ask. :rolleyes: You stay classy, Renz.

As to Sunderland, congrats. You did what you had to do down the home stretch. I don't like it, but at least there will still be two northeast clubs representing in the Premier League next season. The Mags will try to make it three again the following season.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I was hoping we'd handle this with class, but I suppose that was far too much to ask. :rolleyes: You stay classy, Renz.

As to Sunderland, congrats. You did what you had to do down the home stretch. I don't like it, but at least there will still be two northeast clubs representing in the Premier League next season. The Mags will try to make it three again the following season.

Sorry, man. Didn't know you and Jack were so tight.

Go back and read some of the BS he said about the two clubs when he left and you'll understand.

Stout

Reaction score
Sorry, man. Didn't know you and Jack were so tight.

Go back and read some of the BS he said about the two clubs when he left and you'll understand.

He's a Newcastle player, so naturally you took a shot at my club on the day they were relegated as well as taking a shot at the player. Maybe next time, think before you post.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got money on a Watford Sunderland tie. 1-1 sounds good to me.

English on tour

Reaction score
Then why, in your moment of 'glory', do you feel the need to insult a Newcastle player. More class with each post, it seems.

Renz isn't in the Mags thread having a pop, I think you have this one wrong Stout lad.

This really was a double bubble result for us and given all of my friends and my brother are mags, I still intend to enjoy it as much as every bit of ribbing I have ever had back in 40 years has been taken in good spirits. My brothers little one cried himself to sleep on Wednesday night, does that make me happy... Do I need to answer that! Will it stop my having a a little poke at my mates tonight or laughing at Ginger Jack's 'never wants to be relegated again' jibe, no it certainly won't.

If you are struggling with this, this thread might not be the place for you for the next few weeks. It will be a worse thread for it though.

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Renz isn't in the Mags thread having a pop, I think you have this one wrong Stout lad.

This really was a double bubble result for us and given all of my friends and my brother are Mags, I still intend to enjoy it as much as every bit of ribbing I have ever had back in 40 years has been taken in good spirits. My brothers little one cried himself to sleep on Wednesday night, does that make me happy... Do I need to answer that! Will it stop my having a a little poke at my mates tonight or laughing at Ginger Jack's 'never wants to be relegated again' jibe, no it certainly won't.

If you are struggling with this, this thread might not be the place for you for the next few weeks. It will be a worse thread for it though.

Haha. Well said, Ben. If I wanted to troll I would have gone to the Mags thread. I couldn't resist a jab at Colback, and I know I'm not alone there. Cheers! :beer:

English on tour

Reaction score
You did, another year of safety and at least 100M in cash to keep you up.

Yep, if we can spend on type of player we got in January we might kick on.

I dot want anything flash, just mid table stress free for a few years and then see what happens. As this is Sunderland, we will no doubt be back here again next year though :hammer: :stick:

Stout

Reaction score
I was glad you lot pulled a draw today, as it meant I won't continue to fume over being cheated of a win against Man City earlier. We properly lost it by failing to beat Villa. So, in a way, thanks, you lot :)

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
That game should have been 4-1 today.

Another great escape. I wouldn't know what to do if they were mid-table.

They have had to escape every year I have been watching. It is like I expect it now.
Start horrible, change managers and have to pull off a miracle at the end.

Next season I would like to see them get off to a good start for once.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose