2016 Tailgating

ticstub

Reaction score
Hello,
I know its very early to be trying to make these plans but.......I have a Party of 11 coming from Seattle to the Arizona Cardinals/ Seahawks game this season. We have an annual away game and this year we decided to come watch our division rivals the Arizona Cardinals.We are all big Seahawks fans but we are out to have a good time and experience the towns we are in when we are there. We have had good luck the last few years tailgating with opposing teams fans and having a great time. We have even made a few lifelong friends in the process. I would love it if someone in Arizona wanted to show us a good time before the Sunday Night Game. I know its a lot of people. We would for sure be willing to pitch in money or whatever is needed to get the full experience. I think it may be hard to just meet up with random people right before due to the fact that we are all Seahawks guys, plus its more fun to hang out with other teams fans :). If you are interested in helping out feel free to text or email me. also, if you just have advice for us on must do things in Glendale we would love to know or any tailgate options we should know about . Thank you for any help you can give.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go to one of the bars near the stadium or wander the parking lot for seahawk fan tailgates

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're not getting much help here because having not been there at Seahag games, you don't know how truly obnoxious the fans are at our stadium. While that may not be true in your particular case, experience tells us a different story.

OP
OP
T

ticstub

Reaction score
I do know how obnoxious opposing teams fans can be. that's part of the reason i would rather have a good time with local fans. i feel like i have a better shot of hanging out with real sports fans that are ok with good natured rivalry but not being total d bags.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do know how obnoxious opposing teams fans can be. that's part of the reason i would rather have a good time with local fans. i feel like i have a better shot of hanging out with real sports fans that are ok with good natured rivalry but not being total d bags.

Five years ago you could count the number of Seattle fans at a Cards game on your fingers and toes. Then, out of nowhere come all of these ******* bandwagoners pretending like they've been diehards forever and talking too much smack.

i look forward to the days you guys suck again so all of these butthat "fans" disappear.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sorry, but hosting a group of 11 Seattle fans is just wrong! I'll feed you every day of the week, but Sunday with Cards gear on I'd never invite 11 opposing fans into our tailgate...NO MATTER HOW NICE YOU ARE.
Last thing I want to hear is Seattle fans talking smack amongst our group....and god forbid everyone around us ...because we tailgate on the great lawn....the other fans around us (whom we've gotten to know) seeing we had 11 Seattle fans amongst us....they'd never let up.
I know it's all fun and games, but tailgating is about having fun and hanging out with YOUR crew and those that are cheering you on...not opposing you.

There is no way 11 fans that travel to away games won't talk **** to the Cards fans around you and in your group. Add to it the VERY LIKELY possibility of one of the Seattle fans drinking and talking to0 much and a fight (verbal or physical) takes place....I just don't know why any Cards fan would entertain such a thing.

It's one thing to be nice it's another to shoot your own foot...to help someone else.

NO WAY! and I hope NO ONE on this board entertains this...

Seattle fan, would you've allowed a Patriots fan to hang out at your Super Bowl party the year you went? NO! because you wouldn't have wanted to hear their smack talk before, during or after the game.

It's stupid that you are even asking. Go online and find a bar or find some group of Seattle fans to hang with that Sunday. Asking us makes no sense at all....in fact it's a bit ridiculous.

Last edited:

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Five years ago you could count the number of Seattle fans at a Cards game on your fingers and toes. Then, out of nowhere come all of these ******* bandwagoners pretending like they've been diehards forever and talking too much smack.

i look forward to the days you guys suck again so all of these butthat "fans" disappear.

This. Seattle fans that come here remind me frat boys.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I went to the Clink last year and fans there were incredibly cool and welcoming (along with the appropriate amount of trash talk) so I will say that the issue here is more related to Washington cast-offs and bandwagon fans. I have also found through our influx of winter visitors that a lot of the people from rural Washington are just straight up awful people for some reason.

I think it also helped that I was wearing a Deone Bucannon jersey, which left most WSU fans torn on whether they could talk trash to me or not. I also had a guy behind me (not with the group of Hags fans I went with) giving me updates on Iupati after he was hurt. Same guy also talked mad trash when you guys made the comeback in the second half it was a good time.

We tailgate in the F lot, which is the only lot you can park on grass. If you are going to tailgate that is my recommendation. We will yell at you and do shots with you if we see you.

OP
OP
T

ticstub

Reaction score
if you wanna hate on me That's cool. I've been lucky in Houston San Diego and Green Bay to find people that like to have a good time with us. in the 2017-2018 season the friends we made in Houston are gonna come to Seattle to watch their team and we are planning a great time. and my new guys from green bay are trying to just plan a trip here to hang.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hate it even when the local (Westgate) bars host opposing teams fans or fan parties. I guess business is business but I have a hard time when the Westgate bars openly cheer/cater to an opposing teams fans.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'll tell you this you want to be on the Great Lawn on the west side of the stadium. Orange is the parking pass you will need. Wander around you will find a spot.
Like Hollywood said 11 is a bit much.