2016 1st round pick is Robert Nkemdiche DT

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The one thing I like about BASK is that they don't sit idle. They both mentioned improving the pass rush after the NFC title game. Chandler Jones and Nk are steps in the right directions.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So he's a head case and a kid who might not have the motivation factor going. If we can get his head in the game, it sounds like he could be all world. Low floor, high ceiling. Sounds like the kind of risk we're in the position to take, no? Why not swing for the fences. He won't be inactive for all 16 games, that's for sure.
If anyone can get him in line, PP and TM, and the whole D should be able to. He's coming into the perfect locker room.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This entire organization is built upon solid leadership from ownership on down to the coaches and players. There is no doubt in my mind that he was the right pick for the Cardinals and he will play at a high level.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Can't forget he will get single coverage. With all the talent on this DLine, who are they going to double!! Madden update coming soon...lol

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone on this board is a head case so he's going to fit right in.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Now just get Dwight Freeny and this will be the scariest dline I have ever seen the cards have.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Steps?........It's DONE! :D

I know. If Marcus Golden can continue to grow and they can light a fire under Okafor we should be in good shape. it takes pressure off of Campbell too.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals spent more time with Nkemdiche than any player in the draft per Keim. He is reportedly just scratching the surface. If Keim is excited about him, so am I.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Does anyone else worry about HB around these types? The straight road is more difficult than the alternative. Does anyone else worry about peer influence causing a setback with HB?

Not even in the slightest. A rookie isn't coming into this locker room and derailing what the badgers got going. Not gonna happen.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does anyone else worry about HB around these types? The straight road is more difficult than the alternative. Does anyone else worry about peer influence causing a setback with HB?

Nah. If he's going to get high, he's getting high with his crew. I'm not so worried about the drugs. They only test you for recreational drugs once a year. As long as he doesn't get stuck in the program, I think he'll be fine. You have to be really dumb to fail that one test. This guy seems alot smarter than that. The main thing to worry about is his effort. Worst case, I think he disappears for some games. But I get the feeling he'll show up for the playoffs when it counts.

They showed a play on ESPN where they had him lined up as an h-back, caught a pass downfield, and ran 30 or 40 yards for the TD. When you watch him run, he doesn't look like a guy that weighs 290.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What I find to be most encouraging about his off the field issues is that he has acknowledged to root of the problem and taken steps to fix or prevent it. A lot of the guys don't even get to the acknowledgement step.

His family is apparently "toxic" - specifically his brother. When they are together, they get into trouble. Him, his brother, and his mother have all agreed to live in different states at least for a few years while he establishes himself in the NFL and focuses on football. The idea that a family could admit to themselves that they should do that I think is a really positive sign. The Badger had to move away from the bad influences in NO to get past his issues. I hope it works for Diche too.

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Reminds me of Ricky Williams...I hope he can get over the people pleasing and become an evolved and dominating DT. I love this pick. Our D-Line is potentially dominant.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based on his eye popping 6 sacks for 3 years? Lol :D

He's more Wendell Bryant than Dockett based on his career & that's a fact

How many did Sheldon Richardson have? That position in college doesn't produce big numbers .

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Nah. If he's going to get high, he's getting high with his crew. I'm not so worried about the drugs. They only test you for recreational drugs once a year. As long as he doesn't get stuck in the program, I think he'll be fine. You have to be really dumb to fail that one test. This guy seems alot smarter than that. The main thing to worry about is his effort. Worst case, I think he disappears for some games. But I get the feeling he'll show up for the playoffs when it counts.

They showed a play on ESPN where they had him lined up as an h-back, caught a pass downfield, and ran 30 or 40 yards for the TD. When you watch him run, he doesn't look like a guy that weighs 290.

Great point about him lining up at FB---you just know BA will do the same with him! Man, I am grinning ear to ear and it's 12:20 AM in the east and I am loving every second of it!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave