Sunderland AFC

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AJ sacked by Sunderland about 10 minutes ago, rightly so too, the piece of crap.

You guys need some continuity. I hope you get it and stay up. I know I want Norwich to go down. Aston Villa looks like a certainty at this point. Not sure about the 3rd.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
AJ sacked by Sunderland about 10 minutes ago, rightly so too, the piece of crap.

No kidding! I had to look grooming up. What a sicko!

You guys need some continuity. I hope you get it and stay up. I know I want Norwich to go down. Aston Villa looks like a certainty at this point. Not sure about the 3rd.

Villa deserves to go down, bunch of wankers. I don't know who the third will be, as long as it's not Newcastle. I'd like both Newcastle and Sunderland to stay up, but given the table, I can't root for that at the moment.

Stout

Reaction score
What a win!

They played great in the second half.

Yeah, it was a big one--at least one of our teams managed that this weekend lol Man, it really looked like Big Sam was going to ruin that lead and blow the game in epic fashion. What is with these English managers and their insanely negative tactics? He thought he could park the bus for 88 minutes and hold on for a 1-0 lead. Complete idiocy, and it horrifically backfired on them in the first half.

Fair credit to him and the team for the second half, though. Usually, when you turn it off and go negative, it's hard to impossible to turn it back on. They did just that, and got the big win. Kudos.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Still better off than Newcastle, mate.

Game in hand, easier run in...bookies have you as staying up with us and Norwich taking the fall.

It's a mini league of 3 that might as well say

Sunderland 1
Norwich. 0
Newcastle. 0

We all still have to play each other, Sunderland away from home for both.

I think we are shot too.... :shock:

Stout

Reaction score
Game in hand, easier run in...bookies have you as staying up with us and Norwich taking the fall.

It's a mini league of 3 that might as well say

Sunderland 1
Norwich. 0
Newcastle. 0

We all still have to play each other, Sunderland away from home for both.

I think we are shot too.... :shock:

Villa's going down for sure. I think Norwich are sunk too. It's you or us, and you're picking up points--we're not. Now, that might change if we fire McClaren like we bloody well should. I mean, he starts GOUFFRAN at Stoke, and his first sub is to bring on RIVIERE...and then STARTS Riviere against Bournemouth. Desperation is a nasty cologne, Mr. McClaren...

English on tour

Reaction score
Villa's going down for sure. I think Norwich are sunk too. It's you or us, and you're picking up points--we're not. Now, that might change if we fire McClaren like we bloody well should. I mean, he starts GOUFFRAN at Stoke, and his first sub is to bring on RIVIERE...and then STARTS Riviere against Bournemouth. Desperation is a nasty cologne, Mr. McClaren...

Norwich have us both to play at home, they have a decent chance of beating us both!!! God this is depressing.

Plenty of my mates who are Mags quite want to go down in the hope Mike does one, it's a little odd!!!

English on tour

Reaction score
Massive game Sunday, after winning the last 6 games against the great unwashed I think we will lose this one. But I have thought this about the last 5 to be fair.

We have some shocking games left so it's very much a most not lose game, but i think the mags a due one.

I have got a ticket but am in the wrong end. Sit on your hands Ben, sit on your hands!!

Stout

Reaction score
Massive game Sunday, after winning the last 6 games against the great unwashed I think we will lose this one. But I have thought this about the last 5 to be fair.

We have some shocking games left so it's very much a most not lose game, but i think the mags a due one.

I have got a ticket but am in the wrong end. Sit on your hands Ben, sit on your hands!!

I'm sick to the stomach at the build up to this game. Honestly, we MUST win to have a chance at staying up, while you lot will be quite content with a draw. I really, REALLY want both Newcastle and Sunderland to stay up but, in all honesty, I HAVE to root for you to go down. At least until/unless we're safe.

English on tour

Reaction score
Norwich winning at the weekend has spoiled what was a good away point.

Shame it was 3 but our sides just isn't used to winning games and need to get over that and fast.

Took yesterday off to recover from Sunday and the Mags at work are going on like they won it. Funny what losing 6 in a row does to their mentality.

The couple of level headed ones I have spoke to agree that a point for both of us was neither nowt nor something. Its going to be a slog for both NE sides and Norwich sadly hold the key for both of us.

Stout

Reaction score
Norwich winning at the weekend has spoiled what was a good away point.

Shame it was 3 but our sides just isn't used to winning games and need to get over that and fast.

Took yesterday off to recover from Sunday and the Mags at work are going on like they won it. Funny what losing 6 in a row does to their mentality.

The couple of level headed ones I have spoke to agree that a point for both of us was neither nowt nor something. Its going to be a slog for both NE sides and Norwich sadly hold the key for both of us.

Well, we both play them, so we both have a modicum of control there. Yeah, a draw really sucked for us, but it was a slightly better result for Sunderland. I'm pretty sure Big Sam would have been satisfied with the point if he were honest--before the game started, that is.

I just can't believe the differences in substitutions. Big Sam really and truly cost you the 3 points with his boneheaded decisions, IMO. I mean, he's supposed to bring ability to hold onto a lead into the team, and his subs and parking the bus in the 2nd half were terrible ideas. I mean, thanks for it, Big Sam, because your loss (tie) is my gain, but still...

English on tour

Reaction score
Well, we both play them, so we both have a modicum of control there. Yeah, a draw really sucked for us, but it was a slightly better result for Sunderland. I'm pretty sure Big Sam would have been satisfied with the point if he were honest--before the game started, that is.

I just can't believe the differences in substitutions. Big Sam really and truly cost you the 3 points with his boneheaded decisions, IMO. I mean, he's supposed to bring ability to hold onto a lead into the team, and his subs and parking the bus in the 2nd half were terrible ideas. I mean, thanks for it, Big Sam, because your loss (tie) is my gain, but still...

Two subs were due to injuries and one was a fresh pair of legs up front. I don't get your point. I think BSA 100% saw this a winnable game and Was foaming with a point. We played a poor side (or at least as bad as our poor side) that were there for the taking.

What we did was the same as every side that is struggling to win does and that is to sit deeper and deeper as the game went on. Human nature, but he need to get us out of that.

WBA is a must win game now and we need the skunks to draw or win. Grrrrreat :rolleyes:

Stout

Reaction score
Two subs were due to injuries and one was a fresh pair of legs up front. I don't get your point. I think BSA 100% saw this a winnable game and Was foaming with a point. We played a poor side (or at least as bad as our poor side) that were there for the taking.

What we did was the same as every side that is struggling to win does and that is to sit deeper and deeper as the game went on. Human nature, but he need to get us out of that.

WBA is a must win game now and we need the skunks to draw or win. Grrrrreat :rolleyes:

The Kirch-whatever was due to injury? I hadn't heard that, though I've read a lot of articles blasting him for taking the guy off in two straight games because he simply doesn't believe he can play 90 minutes, and then blowing the leading in 2 straight games. Everything I've read has been highly critical of Big Sam's subs.

Yes, the Mags MUST win or draw--preferably win--and I agree, WBA must also win ;)

Stout

Reaction score
So, so weird to be rooting for Sunderland. I feel so very dirty this morning. Okay, a 1-0 lead completely against the grain of play. Whatever you do, Big Sam, do NOT park the bus. It will lead to giving up the equalizer.

Of course, if you lot win, my lot need to win to make it worthwhile :)

Stout

Reaction score
Loved and hated that result :D Honestly, I wanted you lot to lay more of a whipping on them. Our goal differential is horrendous, 2nd worst in the league, and at least you lot put us within 4 of Norwich; we were never catching you lot on goal differential.

English on tour

Reaction score
Massive day tomorrow, I still have the mags as favourites to stay up with three very winnable games given the form they are in. So tomorrow is win or bust in my mind.

.....oh yeah and Norwich, let's not forget them!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave