Draft: DL Robert Nkemdiche to visit Cards

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Speaking of Ole Miss, mercurial DL Robert Nkemdiche is in Denver visiting with the #Broncos today, then he's got a #AZCardinals visit.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt if Nkemdiche would make it to pick #29. However, I'm not sure what all the red flags may be on him.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Comparable size to Darnell Dockett, but more athletic . . . . interesting.

+1

Nkemdiche is the most interesting player in the draft for the Cardinals, even more so than Noah Spence, in my opinion.

Boom/Bust.

If this kid is 1/2 the player the hype around him dictates, then you are talking about a game changer.

Yet, in a draft where you only have 1 pick in the first 2 1/2 rounds, you cannot bust out on this pick.

Interesting is right.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
When pass rushers are in such high demand, you have to bring guys like this in for a look. You may not be interested in him once you have had a chance to talk to him, but you have to take a look.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been curious. When these guys go I for interviews for each team, do they fit the bill for the flights/stay or does the team?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
+1

If this kid is 1/2 the player the hype around him dictates, then you are talking about a game changer.

Y.

The problem is just what you said all hype & very little production. To me he's just like Hackenberg...a guy who has all the measurables, was all universe in HS & in college he was going up against those all universe players as well.

The most alarming thing to me is that he takes plays off & seems unmotivated & he's openly admitted that. That's very disturbing to me! Only Robert can motivate himself to reach his potential IMO.

Personally I wouldn't touch this kid in rounds 1 or 2. Buyer beware the red flags are there!!!

Last edited:

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The problem is just what you said all hype & very little production. To me he's just like Hackenberg...a guy who has all the measurables, was all universe in HS & in college he was going up against those all universe players as well.

The most alarming thing to me is that he takes plays off & seems unmotivated & he's openly admitted that. That's very disturbing to me! Only Robert can motivate himself to reach his potential IMO.

Personally I wouldn't tough this kid in rounds 1 or 2. Buyer beware the red flags are there!!!

Feel the same way

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Ill only be excited if we draft him. I know this team well enough to know that they will have to like what they hear from a football character perspective to draft him.

They do that, then I am assuming they vetted this and know what they are doing.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he lasts to #29 ( which is possible ) his rookie contract will be less than the one he got from Ole Miss.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Personally I wouldn't touch this kid in rounds 1 or 2. Buyer beware the red flags are there!!!

This is almost a word-for-word view of Dockett back in the day.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score

We keep going round and round about this but that is why guys get drafted in the 3rd round, not at 29 in the 1st round. There are a number of people on this board that are high on him that's fine I think he could be a good player also or he could bust out of the league in 2-3 years. If I was drafting he wouldn't be on my board till late round 2 . I trust what BASK do, due diligence if he is our pick at 29 I wouldn't be dissaponted because of the men we have in place that are making those calls.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

I don't remember what was said about DD but you may be correct...but if you need further evidence compare the stats! Tell me then this kid needs to go in rounds 1-2.

Like I said I wouldn't touch him in the 1st or 2nd

Tackles
DD 247
RN 81

Tackles for loss
DD 65
RN 16

Sacks
DD 10 1/2
RN 6

You do the math. That's quite alarming if you ask me. Granted DD played 4 years vs 3 but IMO if you draft player B before round 3 you're a fool.

The college production isn't even comparable

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like Tyrann Mathieu all over again. So he smokes fake weed. Who cares. As long as he sacks the QB.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thatd be an awful pick, and it has nothing to do with his off field red flags.

On-field, the dude is ridiculously overrated. Even all the scouts and analysts and draft pundits agree. He is just flat out an overrated player. Hes not good enough to go in the 1st round. He disappears WAY too often.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Having dline players is nice but would much rather the cards draft a corner or lb especially if the cards lose powers

Looking forward to draft day should be entertaining

Drop_D

Rookie
Reaction score
Thatd be an awful pick, and it has nothing to do with his off field red flags.

On-field, the dude is ridiculously overrated. Even all the scouts and analysts and draft pundits agree. He is just flat out an overrated player. Hes not good enough to go in the 1st round. He disappears WAY too often.
How can he be overrated if everyone agrees he is overrated? [emoji53]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk