Karlos Dansby cut....

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will see alot of teams out there....what does that mean??

Exactly that. Are people expecting him to say, "I'll go back to the Cardinals or retire." ????

It's not like we've definitely said we want him back.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seattle
SF
Oakland
SD
AZ
LA

Based on what Karlos has actually SAID, narrow that list to just the Cards and the Hags. Right now, they realistically have the best shot at a ring in the next year or two.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Come back Karlos!

Man, this offseason would be really legit if this happened. I'm a big fan of the guy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Seattle
SF
Oakland
SD
AZ
LA

I think that Los would look really good as a Raider. They're close enough to contending, and they could benefit from the additional leadership that Los would provide after Charles Woodson retired.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I do give him credit. He is who he is and doesn't pretend to be someone he isn't.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious, can anyone name a another player who has signed with the same team 3 different times?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I remember one of the talking heads on radio saying he's a 'genuine guy - doesn't have a bad bone in his body.'

I'll never really understand why so many Cardinals fans are so salty about how Dansby's gone about his business. He was given the franchise tag twice by the Cards and just signed the tender — never complained about wanting a big extension.

He played his heart out here and was consistently one of our best players and leaders. The team let him leave in free agency, and he never said anything bad about the franchise after he was gone.

He came back and was a leader immediately and turned in a Pro Bowl-caliber season. He went to Cleveland after making it pretty clear that he was here to re-build his value and get a second major payday.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Now this some some prime time bluster!!

Dansby is one interception away from being the fifth linebacker in NFL history to have 40 sacks and 20 interceptions.

He said he expects to find a new home quickly.

"I know a lot of teams are licking their chops right now," Dansby said. "A lot of teams are looking for linebackers right now. One of the best guys to ever play the game is on the market. That's the numbers saying it. Not me saying it, it's just the numbers."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14987266/cleveland-browns-cut-leading-tackler-karlos-dansby-wide-receiver-dwayne-bowe

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'll never really understand why so many Cardinals fans are so salty about how Dansby's gone about his business. He was given the franchise tag twice by the Cards and just signed the tender — never complained about wanting a big extension.

He played his heart out here and was consistently one of our best players and leaders. The team let him leave in free agency, and he never said anything bad about the franchise after he was gone.

He came back and was a leader immediately and turned in a Pro Bowl-caliber season. He went to Cleveland after making it pretty clear that he was here to re-build his value and get a second major payday.

I agree. He always played his guts out and never, just put his time in. While he was a Cardinal, he was Cardinal. I will always appreciate that and hope he wears Red again.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. He always played his guts out and never, just put his time in. While he was a Cardinal, he was Cardinal. I will always appreciate that and hope he wears Red again.

I could've typed this myself. No matter who he winds up next season, he was one of my favorite guys on the team whenever he was on it. First, he could actually play, and second, you never heard him bitch about playing for the Cardinals.

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I could've typed this myself. No matter who he winds up next season, he was one of my favorite guys on the team whenever he was on it. First, he could actually play, and second, you never heard him bitch about playing for the Cardinals.

:thumbup:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Dansby is a good character guy who's like many of us -- will chase the paper when it's available. Probably all of us have left a job for another for financial reasons. He's never had significant trouble with the law and is a leader. I'd love for the team to bring him back.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Based on what Karlos has actually SAID, narrow that list to just the Cards and the Hags. Right now, they realistically have the best shot at a ring in the next year or two.

Players talk the teams they sign with into contenders all the time...if you wanted my own take, I would say OAK, SEA, AZ.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will see alot of teams out there....what does that mean??

That took me a couple of readings to parse the twitter grammar. But i think he means, "We will see. [There are] a lot of [contending] teams out there [that will be vying for my services]."

...dbs

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That took me a couple of readings to parse the twitter grammar. But i think he means, "We will see. [There are] a lot of [contending] teams out there [that will be vying for my services]."

...dbs

It took me one time...

And what I get is:

"I am who I am.... If the Titans offer $20 a year more... than I'll be a Titan."

Don't fault him for it, would love to have him back, But we're kidding ourselves if you don't think he goes to the highest bidder...AGAIN.

And it won't be us.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Never had any hard feelings towards Los. I dont think the Cardinals did either. It wasn't a nasty breakup. Karlos went and got paid! That's why he plays football. He is a professional football player not an ambassador of goodwill and loyalty.

That being said, I would never expect any discount from Karlos. He may be to the point where he wants a ring, and I'm sure he'd love to win it here, but we would need him to come in at a very reasonable price. I think if it came down to us and another team for the same money, Karlos would choose us, but I dont think it will pan out that way. Los is getting old, but he's still one of the most talented LB's in football. Easily top 20. And he has a knack for making huge plays. I suspect someone thin at the position is going to pay him more than we can afford, again. :(

It's a shame because even 34 year old Los is an upgrade over Minter, and I'm not even a Minter hater.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
The whole Los saga is dumb.

Had he stayed here, he would have been paid. And been in our ring of honor.

The fault lies on both sides, not just KD.

KD is right: numbers don't lie, and his numbers are still very good.

It seems fitting that both sides would make a deal everyone could live with. We have $$$ and a need at the position.

If I wake up tomorrow and see we signed him to a 2 yr deal I won't be upset.