Big trade with patriots - Cooper for Chandler Jones

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wasn't Jones a pro bowler?

Wow is Bellichek high? Cardinals just ripped him the hell off.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Niiiiiiice!

HUGE HUGE HUGE move for this team.

Chandler Jones is only 26 years old, and the Cardinals have found their pass rusher.

Nice!

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
What in the Hell just happened? We gave up a future All-Pro guard and a high pick for...

...I'm sorry. I can't keep this going with a straight face!

WOWWWWWWW!!!!!!

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wasn't Jones a pro bowler?

Wow is Bellichek high? Cardinals just ripped him the hell off.

My guess is cap issues, combined with need. Their line has been degrading. My thought is this is a way to bolster it, get a 2nd round pick, clear up cap space and get something in return for someone who could have walked next year.

Pats aren't going anywhere if Brady isn't upright.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Did you see the Patriots offensive line last year?

My guess is cap issues, combined with need. Their line has been degrading. My thought is this is a way to bolster it, get a 2nd round pick, clear up cap space and get something in return for someone who could have walked next year.

Pats aren't going anywhere if Brady isn't upright.

Cooper isn't very good. Players like him are a dime a dozen. Young proven pass rushers are not.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Hopefully there is some sort of agreement in place for contract....considering he only turned 26 3 weeks ago.

At worst two years (franchised next year)......he will make a much bigger impact on this team over the next two years regardless than Cooper and our 2nd this year would have.

Really hope there is some type of long term agreement figured out already though....but this was a HUGE upgrade in a place of need. Geez, I can't believe we have a legit pass rusher who is only 26.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
This trade is STUNNING.

I think we actually managed to get the best of the Patriots, which happens rarely. Jones is one of the top 5 in the league as a pure pass rusher.

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
His deal would kick in just as Campbell's expires. Finally made a big move, I love it!

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Also, maybe this is a sign that you're all wrong about Cooper being terrible, unless you think Belichik is an idiot. Arians just didn't like him, for whatever reason.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cooper isn't very good. Players like him are a dime a dozen. Young proven pass rushers are not.

Cooper has what it takes to be an all pro, but from all accounts his head is making him think too much.

If the Pats can iron that out, and he stays healthy, it's a win-win for both teams.

That doesn't mean it would have been possible HERE with Cooper, but it can definitely have a shot at being possible somewhere else.

As I said, our guys haven't been able to make him get over that hump, the challenge in NE is for THEM to do it.

If they can, he could be elite.

Either way, not our problem anymore, it's theirs. I'm going to enjoy our new pass rush.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saying some prayers for you. You got this.
Thanks. Been dealing with AFIB for the last year.

Funny thing is they are trying to get my heart rate down and it spiked when I saw this trade.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Wow, I just can't get over this. Is something wrong with Chandler... a second round pick and Copper for possibly a top ten young pass rusher who is proven, this is what we needed and this trade kicks anything other teams where looking at in free agency to generate a pass rush, I am in awe of Keim and company lol

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
I really liked Cooper, one of the few, but I would make this trade 100 times out of 100 without even blinking. Top tier 26 year old pass rushers are so much more valuable than a competent guard and a 2nd round pick.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I just can't get over this. Is something wrong with Chandler... a second round pick and Copper for possibly a top ten young pass rusher who is proven, this is what we needed and this trade kicks anything other teams where looking at in free agency to generate a pass rush, I am in awe of Keim and company lol

He did have that bizarre incident where he was tripping balls on Spice and ended up in a police station, although it should be noted that the substance is not illegal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave