Countdown to Daryl Washington's Release

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Could be today. It'll be a shame to have to cut a guy who is — I'm told by knowledgeable people on this board — totally about to get reinstated and a great team leader.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Could be today. It'll be a shame to have to cut a guy who is — I'm told by knowledgeable people on this board — totally about to get reinstated and a great team leader.

:D

Yeah, I cannot wait either. It will be so nice to see him not on the official roster, and only will have to see his name on the dead money list for two years.

Then he is totally gone.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We gain $2 million in cap space this year, correct?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is still $7.5 million on books for him. If he is cut pre June 1st the hit is $5.5 million this year and $2 million in 2017. If its after June 1st, its $3 million this year and $4.5 million in 2017. Not sure what Keim will do.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There is still $7.5 million on books for him. If he is cut pre June 1st the hit is $5.5 million this year and $2 million in 2017. If its after June 1st, its $3 million this year and $4.5 million in 2017. Not sure what Keim will do.

Mmm... I don't think that's right:
http://overthecap.com/player/daryl-washington/390/

He's $7.5M cap number for 2016, but $3M of that is salary he's never going to get.

If he's cut tomorrow, he'll be $5.5M in dead money for 2016 and nothing in 2017. If he's designated a Post-June 1 cut, he'll cost $7.5M against the cap until June 1, then that number will be reduced to $3.5M in 2016 and $2M in 2017.

There's also a question about how or whether the Cards can go after Daryl's bonus money after they cut him. Honestly, the decision to keep Daryl Washington instead of Karlos Dansby might have been the biggest mistake of the Keim Era thus far.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
There's also a question about how or whether the Cards can go after Daryl's bonus money after they cut him. Honestly, the decision to keep Daryl Washington instead of Karlos Dansby might have been the biggest mistake of the Keim Era thus far.

Could be.

It is neck and neck with "Levi Brown is elite, but Bradley Sowell is super-elite."

EDIT: Nope, biggest mistake is letting this guy walk.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cause Gerald Christian ain't no Jim Dray. :D

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

He's $7.5M cap number for 2016, but $3M of that is salary he's never going to get.

If he's cut tomorrow, he'll be $5.5M in dead money for 2016 and nothing in 2017. If he's designated a Post-June 1 cut, he'll cost $7.5M against the cap until June 1, then that number will be reduced to $3.5M in 2016 and $2M in 2017.

Didn't Washington get extended in 2012 under Graves/Whiz and Dansby sign a 1yr deal in 2013?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Then hopefully we can quit creating threads for this POS.

sent from a fone

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then hopefully we can quit creating threads for this POS.

sent from a fone

We should start a new one, just to do it. Oh wait, K-9 just did!

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Guess I read it wrong.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Didn't Washington get extended in 2012 under Graves/Whiz and Dansby sign a 1yr deal in 2013?

After the 2013 season, the Cards were scheduled to pay a $10M option/roster bonus to Washington after he'd been suspended for 4 games but before his indefinite suspension was handed down.

There was some discussion here about whether the Cards should choose the effective team captain and leader in Dansby or pay out money to a guy who'd already been suspended and had never been a captain. I think I landed on the side of Washington personally — or maybe I argued that for Keim there really wasn't a decision to make — but regardless, that was something that did not work out.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I can see Dweed smokin it up I Jerry World next season once it happens.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
If he is suspended, we don't actually save any money by cutting him, right?

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If he is suspended, we don't actually save any money by cutting him, right?

We don't save any cashflow, and we might not save anything against the cap, either. I don't think there's a cap hold in the offseason while he's suspended.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm inclined to agree. Even if Los lost a step or 2, he still would have contributed more than a guy who isn't playing. And Los is a leader too. DWeed isn't.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He might sober up when he sees how much some of these guys are making. What an idiot.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dont know what to say...Reading his name make me Feel Sad cause he was so damn good..but in the same time he Threw away a career .
The guy has a problem and i hope he solve it without watching back about what he wasted.
K9 is happy to make this thread cause he made a big mistake evaluating him coming off college
I still glad that i had the opportunity to watch him play for Cards even for just few season.
He Was spectacular

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Dont know what to say...Reading his name make me Feel Sad cause he was so damn good..but in the same time he Threw away a career .
The guy has a problem and i hope he solve it without watching back about what he wasted.
K9 is happy to make this thread cause he made a big mistake evaluating him coming off college
I still glad that i had the opportunity to watch him play for Cards even for just few season.
He Was spectacular

:thumbup:

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
I am wondering what is driving this suspension; is it just the weed or was it the DV? In today's world, one is becoming trivial and the other a career ender.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am wondering what is driving this suspension; is it just the weed or was it the DV? In today's world, one is becoming trivial and the other a career ender.

The DV issues is separate and hasn't been heard yet.

Reaction score
DWeed probably told Roger Goodell to F* OFF!

:that'smystoryandIamstickingtoit:

:cool:

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We have done nothing to get better as of yet. I'm back to hoping this tool can come back and play.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I just want to know what is going on really. Why can't they just tell us why he wasn't reinstated last year? If its because he didn't pass another drug test, fine, just stop keeping us in the dark.