CB Antonio Cromartie to be released?

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OT: Jenoris Jenkins CB

Rams may let CB Jenoris Jenkins become a FA. Coming out of college he had some issues but as far as I know kept himself clean. Decent Corner would be good opposite Patrick. Price may be too high but the idea of him opposite Patrick would be great.

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It might make more sense to put the money on a good CB like Jenkins than overpay on a pass rusher in free agency. Perhaps moving up in the draft for a good young pass rusher might be the best path as the free agency market is pretty bare.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It might make more sense to put the money on a good CB like Jenkins than overpay on a pass rusher in free agency. Perhaps moving up in the draft for a good young pass rusher might be the best path as the free agency market is pretty bare.

+1

A strong secondary helps the pass rush, and if we have to choose a strength to build on in FA, I think the secondary would be our best bet next year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the player but regarding what bruce arians specifically said the day after the Loss in the championship game ,they want to add a tall rangy Cornerback

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Where would you throw the ball against this secondary ?

Peterson? Jenkins ? Mathieu ?

LOL, good luck. You best bet is if all three would run into each other trying to intercept the same pass.

Tall and rangy is good, but Jenkins is a special talent, in my book.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The only issue there is pash rushers usually take to develop. I believe that FA is the only way to go if we want a guy who is going to make an impact next year.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I feel that a pass rusher will also help the CBs to. So I think if we go either way, it will be good.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We need pass rushing more, as well as cover lb's more then we need a new CB.

Of course getting a good cb can help, but ultimately it is not what broke us defensively, and thus not addressing it would keep that glaring holes open for teams to exploit.

We need a pass rush, and linebackers who can cover. That's our Achilles heel on defense.

Otherwise they'll just continue to go underneath, then do double moves to get our corners to bite.

If we do that on defense, and upgrade the interior of our offensive line... and still have money left over, THEN I'd be for it. The only way I'd go around that is if that isn't available, which would mean we either whiffed or neglected those positions... and all we could get was a cover corner like JJ. If that's all that is left, fine. But not unless that is the case, and it shouldn't be.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
We need pass rushing more, as well as cover lb's more then we need a new CB.

Of course getting a good cb can help, but ultimately it is not what broke us defensively, and thus not addressing it would keep that glaring holes open for teams to exploit.

We need a pass rush, and linebackers who can cover. That's our Achilles heel on defense.

Otherwise they'll just continue to go underneath, then do double moves to get our corners to bite.

If we do that on defense, and upgrade the interior of our offensive line... and still have money left over, THEN I'd be for it. The only way I'd go around that is if that isn't available, which would mean we either whiffed or neglected those positions... and all we could get was a cover corner like JJ. If that's all that is left, fine. But not unless that is the case, and it shouldn't be.

Well to be fair, the underneath became vulnerable once Mathieu went down. Cover linebackers who care more about football than pot are hard to come by in this league.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like the player but regarding what bruce arians specifically said the day after the Loss in the championship game ,they want to add a tall rangy Cornerback

His partner on the Rams is that type of tall, rangy CB. Trumaine Johnson is 6'2" and will be hitting free agency at the same time. Do the Rams try to keep one, both, or neither?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
+1

A strong secondary helps the pass rush, and if we have to choose a strength to build on in FA, I think the secondary would be our best bet next year.

My opinion is, pass rush helps secondary if you get a guy like Miller. There is no getting Miller, so a lock down secondary would help more realistic FA's pick ups such as Irvin or Perry or a draft pick like Spence or Calhoun.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His partner on the Rams is that type of tall, rangy CB. Trumaine Johnson is 6'2" and will be hitting free agency at the same time. Do the Rams try to keep one, both, or neither?

I bet LA is willing to lose Jenkins if it means re-signing Johnson. Johnson has more size and has been more productive than Jenkins.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well to be fair, the underneath became vulnerable once Mathieu went down. Cover linebackers who care more about football than pot are hard to come by in this league.

I thought it was an issue all season. Not always apparent, but it could if they figured it out. But the hole became glaring when Mathieu went down, and teams could zero in on it. Plus it affected throws a bit deeper so that area we were vulnerable was larger.

Teams that tried to go underneath both before and after could do it. Especially the crossers.

Of course some of it was scheme due to having our safety in the box so much. I'm not against that, but I think we relied upon it too much.

Cover LB's are hard to come by, but we have cap space and draft picks.

Of course as you know a good pass rush makes everyone on the 2nd and 3rd level better.

We have a strong secondary. It was easier to get yards underneath us then over the top, and adding a CB like JJ won't really change anything imo. (which is a good situation to have)

It was the LB play who couldn't close the bottom half of the window or couldn't chase from side to side, or pick up the back, or pass off the receiver from one to another and keep pace that was the problem. I don't see another CB solving that. LB's and pass rush will... again if we can get them. But that imo should be our priority. It's the bigger holes that can make more of an impact by closing.

Last edited:

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought it was an issue all season. Not always apparent, but it could if they figured it out. But the hole became glaring when Mathieu went down, and teams could zero in on it. Plus it affected throws a bit deeper so that area we were vulnerable was larger.

Teams that tried to go underneath both before and after could do it. Especially the crossers.

Of course some of it was scheme due to having our safety in the box so much. I'm not against that, but I think we relied upon it too much.

Cover LB's are hard to come by, but we have cap space and draft picks.

Of course as you know a good pass rush makes everyone on the 2nd and 3rd level better.

We have a strong secondary. It was easier to get yards underneath us then over the top, and adding a CB like JJ won't really change anything imo.

It was the LB play who couldn't close the bottom half of the window or couldn't chase from side to side, or pick up the back, or pass off the receiver from one to another and keep pace that was the problem. I don't see another CB solving that. LB's and pass rush will... again if we can get them. But that imo should be our priority.
:thumbup:

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Another one year prove it deal may get him going again.

BIGRED1959

Go Cardinals!
Reaction score
something about him drives me nuts....he was pretty good for the cardinals but then had a couple AWFUL games. He seems to not be able to focus on a full season..... plus that ***** he has for n.y./n.j. is sooooo annoying.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was getting picked on as the #2 CB for the Jets, too.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Dude was worse than Bethel/Powers in a similar situation (playing alongside an elite corner).

Pass.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
last year at this time, or perhaps after he signed in NY --

Jurecki noted on air that certain players in the locker room felt like Cro played the last four or five games not to get hurt in order to protect his rehabilitated market value

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude is paying over 300k a year in child support and his wife is currently preggo with twins. Something tells me he is going to show up on those "Blah blah athlete went bankrupt" lists.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only issue there is pash rushers usually take to develop. I believe that FA is the only way to go if we want a guy who is going to make an impact next year.

No argument, I just don't see any good free agent pass rushers available that really would be difference makers. In fact BA said that they probably would draft one. However, they may have someone in mind (in free agency) that they like and surprise us with the signing. :shrug:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA