NFL Man of the Year

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Congrats Anquan Boldin!

?

What did he do? I will never think of him with the admiration I had before he just walk off the filed after the NFC championship game.

#baby

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
?

What did he do? I will never think of him with the admiration I had before he just walk off the filed after the NFC championship game.

#baby

Well deserved!

Only one of the best guys off the field you will ever see with tons of charity work through him and his organization...

Time to move on folks it's been 8 years....

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Well deserved. He's always been good to the fans & his NFL communities

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Well deserved!

Only one of the best guys off the field you will ever see with tons of charity work through him and his organization...

I think you and I are some of the few holdovers left Shane.

To your point about charity work, I can vouch for the bolded 100%. Not only does he do a lot of charity work, he is completely involved in all of it (meaning, he is donating as much time as he does $$).

People need to get over the notion he "walked out on the team." His teammates didn't feel that way; they all went out of their way to show support for him. With Anquan, what you see is what you get. He is a very passionate individual, both on and off the field. I personally think many of you drank the F.O./marketing department koolaid in regards to his character. I think its quite possible "someone" in the F.O. did in fact "lie" to him, and he was justified wanting out of here. Big f'n deal if he walked out during the NFC-C celebration; all he did otherwise was put up big numbers, move the chains, and lay it out on the field for the team.

I'd take Anquan back in a heartbeat.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw his speech and so happy for him. I have always been a Q fan, even when he left. Plays hard and cares so much for people. This would be the 1 award I would want if I was a professional athlete.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you and I are some of the few holdovers left Shane.

To your point about charity work, I can vouch for the bolded 100%. Not only does he do a lot of charity work, he is completely involved in all of it (meaning, he is donating as much time as he does $$).

People need to get over the notion he "walked out on the team." His teammates didn't feel that way; they all went out of their way to show support for him. With Anquan, what you see is what you get. He is a very passionate individual, both on and off the field. I personally think many of you drank the F.O./marketing department koolaid in regards to his character. I think its quite possible "someone" in the F.O. did in fact "lie" to him, and he was justified wanting out of here. Big f'n deal if he walked out during the NFC-C celebration; all he did otherwise was put up big numbers, move the chains, and lay it out on the field for the team.

I'd take Anquan back in a heartbeat.

+1. What really showed he laid it out for the team is when he came back from that broken face. Wish him the best, except when he plays the Cards

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well deserved!

Totally agree. Congrats to Boldin. Well deserved!

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What, no Manziel? Always a bridesmaid, never a bride I guess.

NFL's douchebag of the year??

He would have been lock, followed closely by Cam Newton, which would have been awkward to have your MVP and douchebag of the year be the same player. :D

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NFL's douchebag of the year??

He would have been lock, followed closely by Cam Newton, which would have been awkward to have your MVP and douchebag of the year be the same player. :D

I wouldn't call Cam a douchebag. He doesn't break the law. In fact he does a lot for kids. Manziel needs to be purged from the league.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call Cam a douchebag. He doesn't break the law. In fact he does a lot for kids. Manziel needs to be purged from the league.

agreed. Cam's a freaking baby. But Manziel seems just like a horror show of a human being off the field. Even there, that kid likely has pretty bad substance abuse problems.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Congrats Quan!

One of the coolest people I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with that will never remember me.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Q is dead to me.

Mr. Boldin's charity work is a separate thing; much admiration for that.

I can split them up.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I have to side with Speedy and Shane on this one. Boldin was the only receiver that could be counted on this year for the Niners, and he carried their offense, what there was of it. His off field charity work is far reaching and little discussed. He is very private like that. In addition, he is still one hell of a man, (can't you recall playing with a broken face behind a plastic visor, or carrying a bevy of tacklers with him as he gained yards after the catch). He is still more of a man than most men ever dreamed of being. This award was extremely well deserved.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Well deserved!

+1

Congrats to Boldin for his work.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Well deserved!

Well deserved. He's always been good to the fans & his NFL communities

I agree I have meet him and his family and I can tell you he comes from a great family. His mother Brenda treated my son and I like family.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats to Q who broke my heart with how it ended with the Cards. I put it at the same level as Favre and the Packers spat. GAM who was as tough a competitor as any Cardinal to ever play the game and had a huge jackass moment at the NFC championship game.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love Q. Well deserved.

Only thing I have against him is playing for the Niners. :)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to side with Speedy and Shane on this one. Boldin was the only receiver that could be counted on this year for the Niners, and he carried their offense, what there was of it. His off field charity work is far reaching and little discussed. He is very private like that. In addition, he is still one hell of a man, (can't you recall playing with a broken face behind a plastic visor, or carrying a bevy of tacklers with him as he gained yards after the catch). He is still more of a man than most men ever dreamed of being. This award was extremely well deserved.

Grown Ass Man.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Boldin is my favorite Cardinal of all time. I wish he could have played his entire career as a Cardinal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson