Why The Turn On Palmer

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know there's a thread about getting RG3 on this board where someone said get rid of Palmer he's mentally done and someone apparently posting under your account replied I'm all in.

I'm glad you got control of your account back though.

I talked about getting RG3 and putting him on the bench in the "3" spot well before CP melted down Sunday. Go to the Washington game day thread during the regular season. I'm all in to see what he has. I was before and I still am. I want a new ear mobile passing QB. I never said dump CP the OP did. I was talking mobile QB throughout the thread not dumping CP.

I'm all in. With today's QB rules I want a QB that can movie over size and arm.
I go on and on about getting a mobile passing QB next that's it. If that makes me dumb I'm good with that.

:p

My last post in that thread.

Palmer is our man. He just might get it done. I'm just hoping we get on board and get a new ear QB to take his place when he's done. For next year more O line, D line and linebackers. It can be done. I'm over it and ready to move on.

Last edited:

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm a big Carson Palmer fan. Cards wouldn't be 13-3 and in the NFCC game without him. Plus the guy is all class.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm a big Carson Palmer fan. Cards wouldn't be 13-3 and in the NFCC game without him. Plus the guy is all class.

He still has something wrong in the head he needs to work out. Some rise under playoff peruse he clearly didn't.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score

+1

CP is highly motivated. The way he came back from the ACL this year was a testament to his toughness and his determination. He knows what he has to fix. He will do everything he can to fix it.

This was his first Championship Game. To brand him as incapable of winning a Championship Game after one try versus a team that is 10-0 at home is pre-mature, imo. That stupid psychology report is a joke. CP has been getting it done big-time in AZ. How many of you thought at this time last year he would start every game and lead the team to an unprecedented 14 wins, an NFC West Championship, 7-1 on the road (3-0 vs. NFC West), 6-0 in Prime Time games before the NFC Championship---and people are saying he can't hack it under the big lights?

CP has tremendous character and he is tough. He took ownership of his poor play like a man. He said this game will motivate him. I believe him.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
We wouldn't have made it anyway near the NFC championship game without Palman Clarson.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That was the rap on John Elway once upon a time.

Yup and it took one of the best O lines, running games and all around D to get it done. Where do we get the money today to put that team together to help him out. We can do more but not all it will take if he can't get it together.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Yup and it took one of the best O lines, running games and all around D to get it done. Where do we get the money today to put that team together to help him out. We can do more but not all it will take if he can't get it together.

I think you are putting way too much of the onus on Palmer---sure, he played his worst game as a Cardinal---but tell me how many of the veterans on the team played well? How about none.

The best players in the game per MJ were David Johnson, J.J. Nelson and Drew Butler.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think you are putting way too much of the onus on Palmer---sure, he played his worst game as a Cardinal---but tell me how many of the veterans on the team played well? How about none.

The best players in the game per MJ were David Johnson, J.J. Nelson and Drew Butler.

That's true. Lots of blame to go around. I don't want to be the board CP hater I'm glad the man is here. Lord knows how bad it was before him. I do believe he has some head thing to get over. I also hope for a mobile QB next man up. I think they hide holes that's hard to fill in a cap league. In all I loved this season. I did pick Carolina to win just not like that. It was the only week I didn't pick us to win. Great year I will back out of the short falls of CP it's not fun.

Go Cardinals.

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
Forgive me but I think this is a silly thread. Of course people criticized CP for his performance against the Panthers but that doesn't mean they are "turning" on him. He is and will be our QB next year but that doesn't mean he can't be called to task if he has an extremely poor game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm sick and tired of this nonsense. Elway CONSISTENTLY was a ONE-MAN SHOW who single-handedly used to get Denver to THE SUPER BOWL. He was as clutch as they came, lifting mediocre teams to elevated status. And then when he had a team LIKE OURS THIS YEAR, he won back to back to Super Bowls.

There's no comparison between those guys. None. Nunca. Zero. Zilch. And anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Forgive me but I think this is a silly thread. Of course people criticized CP for his performance against the Panthers but that doesn't mean they are "turning" on him. He is and will be our QB next year but that doesn't mean he can't be called to task if he has an extremely poor game.

Again, you should have been in the game day thread. The calls for his ousting and subsequent release were rampant. I'm probably the most critical fan of this team and even I found that a bit much. There are a few comments in a few assorted threads that say he'll never lead us to a championship and such. In those I would ask what our alternatives are and there aren't.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of this nonsense. Elway CONSISTENTLY was a ONE-MAN SHOW who single-handedly used to get Denver to THE SUPER BOWL. He was as clutch as they came, lifting mediocre teams to elevated status. And then when he had a team LIKE OURS THIS YEAR, he won back to back to Super Bowls.

There's no comparison between those guys. None. Nunca. Zero. Zilch. And anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

Oh no. Here comes a a John Elway debate.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
We wouldn't even have been able to play in the game if it weren't for Palmer. We had a very good entertaining season. I'll take this season any day over all but 1 of the past seasons. Even that is iffy. I had fun & excitement every week. Can't ask for much more than that.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I chalk up the intense anger, as well as desire to get rid of him, to the emotions stirred up after getting embarrassed and the season ending with a thud. Cooler heads are already prevailing and anyone who takes a rational view of the situation will agree that CP is a fantastic QB who throws the best deep ball in the league. Sunday was just a very, very bad day for him and the entire team.

Speaking of CP, the more I consider it, it had to be an injured finger that affected him. If it wasn't (and he's the "choker" some of those upset folks think he is), then explain how he was able to lead the Cards back after they'd lost that big lead in Seattle? That was a total gut-check, especially after CP was directly responsible for the Seattle TDs caused when he was stripped of the ball. The guy can and will get it done. Can hardly wait for next season!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
PFF had a stat where Plamer faced 15 (or so) pressures vs GB, which was more than Newton, Brady and Manning combined in their games.

I suspect Palmer faced as much or more vs Carolina.

Brady looked very un-Brady like due to pressure, and nobody questions his playoff nerves (for good reason)

Palmer doesn't get a total pass, but he needed better protection.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Again, you should have been in the game day thread. The calls for his ousting and subsequent release were rampant. I'm probably the most critical fan of this team and even I found that a bit much. There are a few comments in a few assorted threads that say he'll never lead us to a championship and such. In those I would ask what our alternatives are and there aren't.

Maybe with the game he had it was hard to take live?

Carson Palmer-He was so bad that I was longing for Josh McCown. I mean it's rare a single player is responsible for 6 turnovers on his own. Every one costly. Throw in his inability to see wide open receivers and for some reason threw into double coverage like he was purposley throwing the game like Lefty Williams in the 1919 World Series and it turns into the all time worst QB'd game I've ever seen in my 50 years. I mean, the worst game for a QB on any level.

It was a hard night for all of us.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Did you see the game day thread? A lot wanted him run out on a rail before the end of the 3rd quarter. I even saw some calls for Stanton.

Yup, I was one of them that called for Stanton but let's not get modern media here and go for drama points out of context. At least in my statement, I said they need to put in Stanton because Palmer's finger is obviously messed up... what had transpired since the injury up to that point made it obvious his finger was ineffective, his deep passes where sailing with no velocity and his short passes where hitting turf on a regular basis

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Imagine if people were as reactionary in the time period before Peyton Manning won a super bowl. Manning is the all-time playoff choke artist, yet people never have turned on him the way the bandwagon here in the valley has on Carson. It's absolutely pathetic.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

So all we need to do is find our Terrel Davis!!!
Maybe it was/is DJ.... but BA gave up on him far too soon? :D

/SMEL

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I chalk up the intense anger, as well as desire to get rid of him, to the emotions stirred up after getting embarrassed and the season ending with a thud. Cooler heads are already prevailing and anyone who takes a rational view of the situation will agree that CP is a fantastic QB who throws the best deep ball in the league. Sunday was just a very, very bad day for him and the entire team.

Speaking of CP, the more I consider it, it had to be an injured finger that affected him. If it wasn't (and he's the "choker" some of those upset folks think he is), then explain how he was able to lead the Cards back after they'd lost that big lead in Seattle? That was a total gut-check, especially after CP was directly responsible for the Seattle TDs caused when he was stripped of the ball. The guy can and will get it done. Can hardly wait for next season!

to be fair, Palmer was completely bailed out by an AMAZING play by Jaron Brown to steal back a sure INT from Richard Sherman who read Palmer's read PERFECTLY on the drive right after the Seahawks took the lead. But he definitely showed stones in that game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine if people were as reactionary in the time period before Peyton Manning won a super bowl. Manning is the all-time playoff choke artist, yet people never have turned on him the way the bandwagon here in the valley has on Carson. It's absolutely pathetic.

dude... plenty of people bashed and STILL bash Peyton for his playoff choke artist performances.

and again, there's no comparison to Carson, who's had a completely up and down regular season career and just awful playoff numbers to Peyton, who's had the most sterling regular season career of all time and merely mediocre playoff numbers.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Palmer is fine he had an awful game but we were not gonna win a playoff game with the defense giving up 49 points period! We lost the game primarily because we could not stop the panthers from scoring! No one played well upgrade the defense where we can actually pressure a QB and not give them all day to throw and we will be fine. Palmer is a good QB with very little playoff experience people act like the guy has played in tons of playoff games he is 1-1 with the cards playing hurt. We have to address the lines and LB to be the super bowl team we all want, Palmer is the least of our concerns IMO.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Still is the rap on Dan Marino, and that dude was one of the best QB's ever to see the league. You put Dan Marino on the 1980s Niners, or the 1990s Cowboys, or the current Patriots and they guy has more rings than fingers, IMHO.

Its a team sport. Elways wasn't getting a ring without a running game, and Palmer is not getting a ring when he is spending 75% of the time getting crushed by defensive tackles coming up the middle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave