Weather affect in NFC title game?

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Ok I admit Charlotte is in North Carolina.

It's in southern North Carolina which is essentially the same climate plus or minus a degree or two from South Carolina which is a warm weather state.

That is to say snow doesn't hang around long.

On game day you will see no snow on the field so practicing in it seems a bit silly but whatever maybe they are adjusting to the cold.

Maybe the Cardinals can pull a Rocky and go to a local meat locker for practice tonight?

If you have to worry about a little weather and what it does to you then you don't deserve to win the game anyway.

Heck it's even Chilly in San Fran Arizona this time of year for the Super Bowl... :) I am just keeding.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Question.

The Cards have received word that they should use seven (5/8") studs in their cleats for the Carolina surface. (The max allowed by the NFL).

They've been practicing in them all week to get used to them.

However, we don't have a mushy, swampy surface for them to practice on. We have a pristine surface.

So is practicing with those long studs on a perfect surface a good idea? Could it contribute to, say, a toe injury on our starting RB?

It's more likely they're wearing them to get used to running & wearing them. Speaking from experience they hurt your feet like hell, especially the following day. We used them years back on bad fields in the caveman days of football.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
The wind is the only thing I am concerned about. We saw what impact that had in Cleveland.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I admit Charlotte is in North Carolina.

It's in southern North Carolina which is essentially the same climate plus or minus a degree or two from South Carolina which is a warm weather state.

That is to say snow doesn't hang around long.

On game day you will see no snow on the field so practicing in it seems a bit silly but whatever maybe they are adjusting to the cold.

Maybe the Cardinals can pull a Rocky and go to a local meat locker for practice tonight?

If you have to worry about a little weather and what it does to you then you don't deserve to win the game anyway.

Heck it's even Chilly in San Fran Arizona this time of year for the Super Bowl... :) I am just keeding.

Current forecast is possible rain for the Super Bowl.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Yeah I'd be more worried about playing a 15-1 team on the road myself.

I don’t know (if they were men or women fans running naked across the field). They had bags over their heads.

Of all of the great Yogi quotes, that is my favorite.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
As Schlereth was saying on Bickley & Marotta. The OL has a massive advantage in terrible weather. We could use an equalizer against their front 7. Pull a Pats and come out firing with 10 straight passes. :)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the Panthers on TV today practicing outside in the snow. Hope our guys are too.

Why would we waste our time doing that? The game will not be played on a snowy field.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Schlereth was saying on Bickley & Marotta. The OL has a massive advantage in terrible weather. We could use an equalizer against their front 7. Pull a Pats and come out firing with 10 straight passes. :)

I agree. The Panthers cannot stop our passing game if they struggle to pressure Palmer. I am supremely confident our oline will be up to the task. We are going to thrash their defense. Our passing game against their secondary is a mismatch. Christ, Eli Manning lit them up, Palmer can too.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Blizzard conditions here in South Jersey. NC didn't get nearly as much as what we're about to get hit with.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Dude.... Here in Harrisburg it is crazy. 30 Inches at least. I prayed to the gods a couple of days ago.... "Dump it all on me lord, but give Charlotte poor practice conditions and perfect game conditions on Sunday".

So far..... So good.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Dude.... Here in Harrisburg it is crazy. 30 Inches at least. I prayed to the gods a couple of days ago.... "Dump it all on me lord, but give Charlotte poor practice conditions and perfect game conditions on Sunday".

So far..... So good.

way to take one for the team! Thanx :D

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Flights from Sky Harbor to Charlotte are departing on time. That is a very good early sign. Travel should not be hindered.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
3 coldest games this season:
#AZCardinals: at PHI 37, at PIT 45, at SEA 49.
#Panthers: at NYG 41, SEA 43, WSH 50.
#AZvsCAR: 37 at kickoff.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think the weather affects Carolina more than the Cards. They will have to have dealt with it the last few days during preparation. The Cards fly in Saturday, win on Sunday, and return home.

A good friend of mine lives in Raleigh and that area(North Carolina) freaks out when snow is on the ground.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
#Ding - smooth landing for Red Bird One. Hope same for #AZvsCAR RT @azmofasa: @PaulCalvisi did u land safely?

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Carson Palmer in games below 40°F (Since '12)

Record: 2-0
252.5 YPG
2 TDs, 0 INT, 100.5 passer rating

Cam Newton in games below 40°F (Since '12)

Record: 1-1
250.0 YPG
3 TDs, 1 INT, 92.0 passer rating
2 rush TD

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson