Coming over from Europe if Cards get #2 seed

OP
OP
BACH

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
You are welcome to join Wendy and I, though you likely would want to go visit the great lawn. Where are you staying at?

Saying at the family where I was a foreign exchange student 19 years ago. Hence my affiliation with the Cardinals - it was the first season of Buddyball.

Reaction score
Saying at the family where I was a foreign exchange student 19 years ago. Hence my affiliation with the Cardinals - it was the first season of Buddyball.
That's awesome, Bach! Enjoy the experience - it will be nothing like the old days at Sun Devil Stadium!

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
god no. I was talking to a guy yesterday about the tailgating at SDS. NO comparison.

This was sent from my cell pjone so please excise any typeos or other errors.

I guess we've been spoiled here. Most other stadiums I've been to don't have any place to tailgate except in the parking lots (like SDS).

Out of town people who've been to the Great Lawn are blown away by the atmosphere.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I guess we've been spoiled here. Most other stadiums I've been to don't have any place to tailgate except in the parking lots (like SDS).

Out of town people who've been to the Great Lawn are blown away by the atmosphere.
Yep. The Bidwills really hooked us up. Remember at the old stadium site, the one in the path of Sky Harbor, they didnt have enough space for parking and were counting on people parking in the surrounding business parking lots.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Yep. The Bidwills really hooked us up. Remember at the old stadium site, the one in the path of Sky Harbor, they didnt have enough space for parking and were counting on people parking in the surrounding business parking lots.

Oh, you mean the one where "PEOPLE WILL DIE!!"

for those not familiar, that was what one city councilmember claimed would happen if they built the stadium near the airport. This was after the paranoia of 9/11.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Oh, you mean the one where "PEOPLE WILL DIE!!"

for those not familiar, that was what one city councilmember claimed would happen if they built the stadium near the airport. This was after the paranoia of 9/11.
You will never be able to convince me that Sky Harbor did not intentionally have that plane fly low over SDS to make their point.

Reaction score
god no. I was talking to a guy yesterday about the tailgating at SDS. NO comparison.

Tailgating too, but I was referring more to the experience inside the stadium, relative to old SDS.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if you need a ride to the stadium and back, Jersey Girl and I will be more than willing to come get you before the game.

OP
OP
BACH

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Arrived after a crazy day. OVerslept and got caught in a snow storm in traffic and missed my flight. Had to rebook for a later flight for a hefty price. That flight is then delayed because of the snow and I get re-booked again. Made that flight, but arrived in Phoenix without luggage....

But. I'm here. I have a ticket for the game.

Chris offered me a ride, but only for one way. Does anyone happen to drive past Thunderbird and Cave Creek?

Who will drink a beer with me at tailgating?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arrived after a crazy day. OVerslept and got caught in a snow storm in traffic and missed my flight. Had to rebook for a later flight for a hefty price. That flight is then delayed because of the snow and I get re-booked again. Made that flight, but arrived in Phoenix without luggage....

But. I'm here. I have a ticket for the game.

Chris offered me a ride, but only for one way. Does anyone happen to drive past Thunderbird and Cave Creek?

Who will drink a beer with me at tailgating?

Bach, I live in Gilbert, but I would drive you back if no one else could.

Plus, put me down for a tailgating beer. This doesn't happen all the time, we need to live it up!

redforceone

Veteran
Reaction score
Bach -

There is a "fan rally" not too far from where you are staying. It is at Marjele's sports bar at Desert Ridge... Starts at 6 or so tomorrow night (Friday). We will be there and will buy you a beer or 3 if you make it. PM me for my cell.

I will not be able to give you a ride after the game but you are more than welcome to tailgate with us in the Green East lot (near Chris and Wendy).

This is going to be a great experience and you should plan on staying over should end up having the Championship game here next weekend.

Welcome to AZ!