PFF Mock Draft

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
as an aside, even as a die hard draft junkie -- i am finding it hard to have more than just a passing interest in it with Cardinal playoff football going --

that being said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...owboys-49ers-each-draft-elite-wide-receivers/

some interesting things in this draft ( names we have kicked around):

Suaa Cravens, LB USC ( and one of my favorites) -- projects at 13, right before
Myles Jack, LB UCLA

Scooby Wright goes 28 to KC

Cards take Hunter Henry, TE Arkansas

I think the choice would be DE Jonathan Allen, Alabama who projected right after the Cards pick

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
No TE in the first round. We have much bigger needs like ILB, OLB and CB

+1.

I do not see the team finding a better fit for their offense than Darren Fells. Fells has been playing EXTREMELY well for the Cardinals.

But, we have to remember, that many sports analysis do not understand that blocking is important.

There is no way a elite pass rusher is going to be available at the back half of the first round. Just let the Steelers take the pass rusher we want and accept that fate.

This team needs cornerbacks, problem is, I do not see to many top prospects at cornerback, but then again I am not in draft mode yet.

Last edited:

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
That is an ugly looking mock draft. I would think Jaylon Smith from ND makes the first round and more than 1 Clemson player goes in the first round. Would love for the Cards to have a crack at Smith though!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
PFF fell in love with Henry Anderson's metrics last year and thought he might be one of the top players in the draft. They don't look at the draft like the rest of us.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PFF fell in love with Henry Anderson's metrics last year and thought he might be one of the top players in the draft. They don't look at the draft like the rest of us.

Henry Anderson was playing really good before he got put on IR.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How anybody can be talking draft at this point is beyond me.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards take Hunter Henry, TE Arkansas

I think the choice would be DE Jonathan Allen, Alabama who projected right after the Cards pick

Why would we waste a 1st round pick on a TE which is not a position of need. We're fine with Niklas, Wells, and Gresham and Momah looks like with a little polish he'll make a fine pass catching TE. We don't need to waste a 1st round pick on a position that might be 12th on the need list. Similar to this with Shaq Thompson sitting right there we waste a pick on a guy who can't even suit up let alone play. We need OLB/Edge Rusher/Cover Corner/ILB pretty much anything defense first.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I like about this mock is that two of their top 5 picks they compared to Cardinals in a positive way.