The Official GIVE THANKS TO THE HONEY BADGER THREAD!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I don't know if he reads this board, or, if he'll ever see this thread... But, thought it would be nice if we offered him our thanks and praise for all he's been through, all he's done for this team, and all he's about to face again.

I'll start:

Thank you Tyrann... The world counted you out when you were removed from LSU... They doubted your ability to return to form after your first knee injury. And there will of course be more doubters now.
Thank you for rising above a set of circumstances not one of us could ever comprehend. You've been nothing but a beacon of hope, a point of inspiration and a complete professional since the day you first became a member of the Cardinal's family.
I have no doubt that you will use this latest trial as a means to become even stronger - mentally/emotionally and physically. And that in the coming seasons you will return to being that Savage defensive force that all teams must account for!
For the remainder of this season, I hope you are able to be there with the team. Because if you are, I know you will serve as an important piece of motivation and I know you will also get needed love and support from them!

Get well brother and look forward to see you on Opening Sunday, 2016!!
:thumbup:

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey! Tyrann,

The "band of brothers" that have got your back in the locker is one in the same with the fans on here. TRUST in God's power to heal! Every step of the way He is with YOU...and so are WE!

Mark in SC :)

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Thanks Tyrann! I'll be proud to wear the #32 jersey for the rest of the remaining home games!!

Token

Reaction score
He was really becoming a terror as a edge blitzer too. Which I think is really a big time loss come playoff time.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I appreciate the heart and energy but mostly the tenacity of the Honey Badger. Was watching show about invading species, said that meanness of the African honey bees were direct result of one animal - the honey badger! although honey badgers can die from a gazillion bee stings they rarely do, but their ability to accept the pain in their tough hide, and still rip hives apart and eat the honey for generations forced the bees to be ultra aggressive to protect the hive. Don't know where this al fits in the 2015 season, but He will be back! and tearing poop up again and getting the honey at a stadium near you!

So far haven't seen if it is the same knee as before? Few players has ever made such incredible impact in such few games played at full ability. Get well soon and thank you thank you thank you.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Got nothin but love for ya!

Get well and get back out there pronto Mr. Badger :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HB, you have quickly become my favorite player. In fact maybe my favorite player in the 50 years of following the Cardinals. Your tenacity, hustle and ability are only out shined by your humbleness , integrity, and your example to the youth of today.
Please keep us up to date during your rehab. All of Cardinal Nation will be praying for you throughout your comeback journey.

WeGotYourBadger #32!

Last edited:

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I'm getting one for Xmas & sadly don't want to wear it til he's back:mad:

Really? Now is the best time to support Ty by wearing his jersey. He cant so we should. How do you think he'd feel if a lot of fans at the next home games showed up wearing #32? Pretty damn good Id say!

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thank you Tyrann for being an example and an inspiration. And for showing us one honey badger DO care.

Heal quickly. We'll be waiting for you.

frankeegee1

All Star
Reaction score
This is our get well soon card, HB. Get well soon. We're all rooting and pulling for you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love redemption stories and yours is one of my favorites.

Rehab the crap out of your knee and we will see you next season sometime!

Can't wait until your jersey I ordered. Gonna rock it with pride.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tenacity, humility, aggressive, loyal, fierce, competitive, energetic, heart, instinctive, leader, friend, gifted, and the heart and soul of the team.

All those attributes and more and just in case you weren't a 110% sure, you are loved and respected by not only your teammates but the fans as well.

Can't wait for your triumphant return.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Mr. Mathieu,

I will use that term because you, sir, have earned it. I cannot begin to tell you how wonderfully happy and appreciative you have made so many of us Cardinals fans. To see you personify the 'Honey Badger' name, and lay it all on the line game after game is just too much for me to comprehend. You are a true inspiration for all of us who have watched you fulfill your dreams of playing at this level despite the fact that you actually had to begin from a level below where almost all others did. Heal, well and fast, and return to lead yet another spectacular season like this one for the 'no fly zone'. You have our love, devotion, and huge appreciation. God bless you young man!

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tenacity, humility, aggressive, loyal, fierce, competitive, energetic, heart, instinctive, leader, friend, gifted, and the heart and soul of the team.

All those attributes and more and just in case you weren't a 110% sure, you are loved and respected by not only your teammates but the fans as well.

Can't wait for your triumphant return.

Everything Cardiac said, +: I hope to God you remain a Cardinal; but if not, I will always be a fan. It's great to see a young man turn his life around and make the most of what he has. Make the world a better place, one step at a time. Never give up...Voodoo Baby!!!

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My first concern was replacing the HB on the field, but after thinking about it, it's HB the person, that I feel sorry for. He has really turned his life around, and when Larry finally retires, the team has a, "hero in waiting", to lead the Cardinals. All the best, HB.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Thank you for being a consummate professional and playing the game you obviously love with the passion that you have for it. There is no doubt the fans love you and I am sure every player on the Cardinals love from the Head Coach down to the waterboy. We as fans look forward to your return next season.

redforceone

Veteran
Reaction score
God be with you, Always! Thank you for your spirit and all that it brings to the team. Love the passion, strength and humility you play the game with. You are in the thoughts and prayers of many and we are all behind you for a full recovery.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tyrann,

The same fire that sets you apart on the football is obviously the same fire that has proven all the doubters wrong. You have been told you were not big enough, you were not fast enough. People challenged your character. People doubted your ability to come back from your first major injury. They were all wrong!

Heart, Passion, Toughness and the Belief in yourself are the things that have led you to greatness. And they are also what will get you back.

Your instincts, leadership and playmaking skills will be missed. This team will rally around you and finish strong. The team has taken on your mentality and their fight won't quit.

Do the work. Do it right. And we will see you prove the doubters wrong once again when you are 100%. We the fans believe in you, your teammates believe in you, but most importantly you believe in you!