NBA Off Season Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bennett would work in with Leuer and Tele and we see what happens. Or we could develop a specialized offense for 2 centers 2 pgs and a wing.

I'm all for bringing in the best player (Dieng) if the Suns did a trade with the Wolves.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bennett would work in with Leuer and Tele and we see what happens. Or we could develop a specialized offense for 2 centers 2 pgs and a wing.

I cannot stress enough how bad I think that setup would be for virtually any team that does not have some unreal three point shooters. With 2, no range, centers the lane would be inaccessible on offense. It would have to be a very slow, grinding offense heavily reliant on post ups (which none of the mentioned centers are particularly good at) and outside shots which, because there would be little threat of penetration, would be contested.

If the Suns were to bring in a player like Dieng then Len would almost have to be shipped off at the same time. He'd be essentially useless.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I cannot stress enough how bad I think that setup would be for virtually any team that does not have some unreal three point shooters. With 2, no range, centers the lane would be inaccessible on offense. It would have to be a very slow, grinding offense heavily reliant on post ups (which none of the mentioned centers are particularly good at) and outside shots which, because there would be little threat of penetration, would be contested.

If the Suns were to bring in a player like Dieng then Len would almost have to be shipped off at the same time. He'd be essentially useless.

Sorry. Forgot the green font. Athought I do think Len has the potential to play short stretches at pf, especially as his jumper develops.

Errntknght

Reaction score

As much as it annoys me, I have to agree with Phraz as far as any two of the 3 mentioned Cs being in our principal lineup. I don't think our FO would make that trade as it appears they are committed to having a stretch 4 - and they should be with our backcourt. If neither of Tele or Leuer can hack it as the starting PF, I think they'll go looking for another stretch 4 candidate.

Despite that I'd probably make the trade just because I like Dieng so much - and keep Len. Chandler isn't going to be around that long so we'd be grooming two good young bigs. It would do my heart good just have Phoenix capable of dominating the paint when it was needed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as it annoys me, I have to agree with Phraz as far as any two of the 3 mentioned Cs being in our principal lineup. I don't think our FO would make that trade as it appears they are committed to having a stretch 4 - and they should be with our backcourt. If neither of Tele or Leuer can hack it as the starting PF, I think they'll go looking for another stretch 4 candidate.

Despite that I'd probably make the trade just because I like Dieng so much - and keep Len. Chandler isn't going to be around that long so we'd be grooming two good young bigs. It would do my heart good just have Phoenix capable of dominating the paint when it was needed.

This is why I mentioned Adreian Payne when I responded to kingdad and his trade proposal. However, I think one should go with the best player which would be Dieng.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The most unbelievable part of that story is that he got a seat on short notice. Every flight I ever take is overbooked.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is Aldridge had his own jet going to Dallas.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, at least there is an answer for the "waited our time because we never had a chance from the beginning" crowd.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns add Henry Sims (C) and Cory Jefferson (PF) to their training camp roster. Here is a link to an article from Paul Coro dated 8-25-15.

Sims, 25, played 73 games last season for Philadelphia and started 32 games after starting 25 of his 26 appearances for the 76ers in the prior season. Sims averaged 8.0 points and 4.9 rebounds last season while shooting 47.6 percent from the field. As a starter, Sims averaged 10.4 points and 5.8 rebounds in 24.6 minutes per game last season. The 6-foot-10 center also played 20 games for Cleveland in 2013-14 and two games for New Orleans in 2012-13 after going undrafted out of Georgetown.

Jefferson, 24, is a 6-foot-9, 218-pound power forward who played 50 games as a rookie last season for Brooklyn. Jefferson averaged 3.7 points and 2.9 rebounds in 10.6 minutes per game while shooting 44.9 percent from the field. He was the No. 60 pick in the 2014 draft out of Baylor.

I'm particularly intrigued by Henry Sims. I think he has a chance to make the Suns 15 man roster.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...y-sims-cory-jefferson-training-camp/32357631/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elindholm, I really did not respond directly to your comment about Sims. Yes, I do find it strange the 76ers let him go although the 76ers drafted center Jahlil Okafor in the first round and PF Richaun Holmes plus center Arturas Gudaitis in the second round. Also they have Nerlens Noel at center.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, he made more points of the bench in one game then he did as a starter in the other. Seems to be pretty good.

He would seem to be an improvement over Suns' backup center, Earl Barron.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Henry Sims with a 20 point 10 rebound effort against the Kings.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Henry Sims works his ass off. Very surprised he wasn't signed earlier by another team. I really like this signing.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With players in the Sixers organization, in their efforts to compile deliberately awful teams, its difficult to evaluate guys individually. Do they put up numbers because someone has to stumble into some statistics or are they actually good? Its further confused by the Sixers willingness to dump anyone who shows competence as part of their effort to remain terrible.

But Sims at least looked worthy of an NBA job, if not playing time. Surprised he lasted this long as a free agent too.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Henry Sims works his ass off. Very surprised he wasn't signed earlier by another team. I really like this signing.

He is a below the rim player for 6-10. Works hard but does not get up high.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

It's because Sims is no good. If the far worst NBA team that again lost its center for the entire year makes no effort to keep you even on a minimum..

Henry Sims is pretty much Earl Barron.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's because Sims is no good. If the far worst NBA team that again lost its center for the entire year makes no effort to keep you even on a minimum..

Henry Sims is pretty much Earl Barron.

Um. maybe so, but that's a pretty poor way to evaluate a player. There are so many reasons why a bad team would not keep a decent bench player: younger players in the wings, tanking, trade and cap issues, etc. not counting the consideration that releasing decent players is what bad teams often do, that's why they are bad.

It would probably be best to evaluate him based upon game performance. For instance, look at this vid.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Strong player. Doesn't seem fast. Not a leaper, glaringly so. Plays position defense. Has a rebounder's mentality, always after boards. Position/power rebounder. Has a variety of nifty little moves from about 8 feet including an excellent hook shot. Looks like he has long arms. Garbage man. Played well here against Joakim Noah.

Not the player I would want as a starter on this team but I like it. He adds some things that players like Leuer and Teletovic don't have. Gives Horny another look off the bench (if he makes the team).

Just checked his combine numbers. He is listed as 6-11.75 in shoes (basically a 7 footer) with a 7-4 wingspan. That's good length. 29.5 in vert. yikes, thats pretty poor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sims is much more than I could have hoped for as a candidate for a third center. Essentially he would be a backup for Chandler and Len. I think he has a excellent chance to make the Suns roster. He is much more physical than Earl Barron.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson