Trumbo traded to Mariners

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
As much as I dislike Cody Ross, let's not act like he pulled a gun on Kevin Towers and forced the Diamondbacks to offer him a terrible contract.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As much as I dislike Cody Ross, let's not act like he pulled a gun on Kevin Towers and forced the Diamondbacks to offer him a terrible contract.

At the same time, its not like the Dbacks did anything to wrong him. Him ripping the team is a joke. They paid him out the nose to suck. We're a minor league team... because he got dumped while making 10x his value? What does that make the A's? They didn't think he was worth the league minimum.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
At the same time, its not like the Dbacks did anything to wrong him. Him ripping the team is a joke. They paid him out the nose to suck. We're a minor league team... because he got dumped while making 10x his value? What does that make the A's? They didn't think he was worth the league minimum.

Alright, I agree he should not be bad mouthing the organization that is still paying him to sit at home.

I do have to say, the front office has (pleasantly) surprised me this season with their willingness to eat dollars and make moves despite the existing players contracts/experience.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trumbo update:

Wow. He is having a rough start to his Mariner career. Not too surprising that a slugger who can't get on base would struggle in that ballpark, but still. He has been a horror show. No homers, no extra base hits, no walks, striking out once every 3 plate appearances. Hitting .162 with a .324 OPS., nearly 500 points below what you'd hope from a guy in his position.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Trumbo update:

Wow. He is having a rough start to his Mariner career. Not too surprising that a slugger who can't get on base would struggle in that ballpark, but still. He has been a horror show. No homers, no extra base hits, no walks, striking out once every 3 plate appearances. Hitting .162 with a .324 OPS., nearly 500 points below what you'd hope from a guy in his position.

Maybe the trade is still in his head.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Maybe the trade is still in his head.
That makes it sound like he was surprised.

We all knew that Trumbo's days in the D-backs outfield were numbered.

In terms of both his awkward fielding and the D-backs youth movement.

Specifically, the return of Lamb at 3B, moving Tomás to RF. And, as we have begun to see, Tomás' power potential.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if it's a coincidence that since Castillo got here, the starting pitching has improved?

bleedblue44

Reaction score
I wonder if it's a coincidence that since Castillo got here, the starting pitching has improved?

still highly underrated by most people including members of this forum.

Pitching has improved...heres an article to back it up

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...rst-impression-arizona-diamondbacks/28792071/

His offense isnt too shabby so far either.

I hope he does great things for you guys while he gets the opportunity to become the lead catcher...just not when he plays against us...Goldy is already a big enough pain in the butt

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far since the trade:

Castillo - 5 HR, 14 RBI, .289 BA, .929 OPS in 22 games
Trumbo - 1 HR, 5 RBI, .196 BA, .471 OPS in 26 games

Mea culpa to me who said Castillo was a light-hitting catcher!

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wasn't there some national commentator who said the trade showed that the Diamondbacks were throwing in the towel on the season? LOL.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't there some national commentator who said the trade showed that the Diamondbacks were throwing in the towel on the season? LOL.

Yup - will have to find that.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Read that they're looking to trade for a starting pitcher.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Read that they're looking to trade for a starting pitcher.

Makes sense. Only thing I would be interested in "buying". Not guys like shark or cueto tho. Get rid of some of the salaries in the process.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd prefer they sit tight. I especially don't want them to pull the trigger on a rental like Cueto.

IMO we might be an ace away from getting into the wild card game but we're several starters and about half a bullpen away from being a serious WS contender. Keep building internally. Don't make the mistakes of the previous regime and blow your wad trying to rush everything.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer they sit tight. I especially don't want them to pull the trigger on a rental like Cueto.

IMO we might be an ace away from getting into the wild card game but we're several starters and about half a bullpen away from being a serious WS contender. Keep building internally. Don't make the mistakes of the previous regime and blow your wad trying to rush everything.

Agreed!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson