Tom Brady=Most overrated QB in NFL

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
He still had a good game against a defense that abused him physically. I think most QBs would have had an awful day; he didn't.
60%, 5.4 ypa, 2.1 TD% and 82.5 rating isn't good. It's isn't terrible or bad but it is a very "small" showing for a guy who had just rewritten every passing record and it was just small in general too.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all of this because the Pats got outcoached yesterday? come on guys. even the best lose a game here and there.

They have lost three straight playoff games, the last two at home. They ain't what they used to be, except in the minds of ESPN.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have lost three straight playoff games, the last two at home. They ain't what they used to be, except in the minds of ESPN.
14-2 may not be 16-0 and a SB appearance. But they are hardly irrelevant and deserve the coverage they get. Will likely be even better the next few years to as there D gets more experience and they add the 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks and 2 3rd round picks they got coming this year alone.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
14-2 may not be 16-0 and a SB appearance. But they are hardly irrelevant and deserve the coverage they get. Will likely be even better the next few years to as there D gets more experience and they add the 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks and 2 3rd round picks they got coming this year alone.

The Pats of 10 years ago blows the current New England team out of the water. IMO. That team had a killer edge, this one gets squeaking sphincters when the pressure is on.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pats of 10 years ago blows the current New England team out of the water. IMO. That team had a killer edge, this one gets squeaking sphincters when the pressure is on.
They have one of the youngest rosters out there. No Brewski, Vrabel, Seymour, Harrison, Samuel.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agree. But this team lost a ton of leadership especially on D. They will get leaps and bounds better with more experience. Yet they still went 14-2.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that brady is overrated. I think the patriots (like all great dynasties) are finding out how hard it is to constantly win playoff games.

A lot of people have him in their top 5 of all time because unlike some of the other greats...he won his rings without any HOF players at rb or WR(hell maybe no pro bowlers). but that shouldn't necessarily matter...he played with welker and moss and set NFL records and they lost in the superbowl...so it can go both ways.

he is not overrated because all he does is win win win no matter what. judge a QB by his wins. He does play in a great system and has the best HC over the last 10 years. But so many of the other greats had great teammates and coaches. where he should be placed in NFL history is completely subjective and probably depends on which team or players you LIKE the most.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that brady is overrated. I think the patriots (like all great dynasties) are finding out how hard it is to constantly win playoff games.

A lot of people have him in their top 5 of all time because unlike some of the other greats...he didn't win a ring with any HOF players at rb or WR(hell maybe no pro bowlers). but that shouldn't necessarily matter...he played with welker and moss and set NFL records and they lost in the superbowl...so it can go both ways.

he is not overrated because all he does is win win win no matter what. judge a QB by his wins. He does play in a great system and has the best HC over the last 10 years. But so many of the other greats had great teammates and coaches. where he should be placed in NFL history is completely subjective and probably depends on which team or players you LIKE the most.

Nice post!

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
If Brady is overrated I hope Palmer is overrated next year. If the OP thinks winning Super Bowls makes you overrated I dont think he understands that the goal is to win the Super Bowl. The original post is one of the most ludicrous things posted on a night where Brady whens another Super Bowl. Brady wins multiple Super Bowls while the Big Red tries to get into its second Super Bowl without a win. I would rate it up there with the comment that Hitler was a nice guy if you got to know him.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hahahahahahaha. You blast me for making stupid comments. And you have the nerve to call Brady overrated!!!! Rofl. Dude has never had all pro Wrs nor an all pro RB. And he has had 13 years of winning 10+ games. lol. Thank you for saying this. This makes your opinion of me show what that's worth. Wow. Dude had 1 great WR. And all he did when he had that. Throw 50 Tds lol.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Brady is overrated I hope Palmer is overrated next year. If the OP thinks winning Super Bowls makes you overrated I dont think he understands that the goal is to win the Super Bowl. The original post is one of the most ludicrous things posted on a night where Brady whens another Super Bowl. Brady wins multiple Super Bowls while the Big Red tries to get into its second Super Bowl without a win. I would rate it up there with the comment that Hitler was a nice guy if you got to know him.

lol. Correct

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Tom Brady is not over rated but I still can't stand him or the Patriots.

This Super Bowl was a comedy of who do I hate more?

In the end I was rooting for the Seahawks so I guess I hated the Patriots more and that was quite frankly astonishing.

Most people I watched it with thought it was a great game and I would of agreed if I could of mustered up the ability to really root for either team but that was un-possible.

I both couldn't win and couldn't lose as someone I despised was going to win and someone I despised was going to lose.

In the end Sherman's face will go down as priceless.

mmvikes

Rookie
Reaction score
And again it's the system Belichick runs. I can very eaisly make the argument that had the Pats made the playoffs in 2008 they had a real show at going all the way...with Matt Cassel as their QB, would that make Cassel and wlite QB as well?
By that logic you can say Joe Montana was overrated and only succeeded because of Bill Walsh. No doubt both QBs benefit from the systems they played in but if he was only average he wouldn't be their QB.
Didn't he set the single season passing records the year he had Moss? Hardly a dink and dunk offense when he had that weapon.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope Brady wins another Super-Bowl. So all the haters can hate for a reason.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave