Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Have no comment, depends on how new players perform

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disagree. OL got much stronger and in turn, our running game did as well. ILB upgraded. Potential of Wash and Spoon is major upgrade. I'm not convinced that Niklas can't be our pass catching TE.

The areas I'm concerned with our the DL and CB positions. Bethel & Powers need to step up. Wouldn't be shocked to take a CB with our 1st pick. DL, really not sure if we upgraded or regressed. Time will tell with that one.

I agree with a lot of this but the DL has been addressed. NT is a small concern at this point but Ta'amu should be back to his 2013 form and Peters and Redding are going to be nice additions.

CB, we will see if Bethel can live up to BA's hype or not. Powers as the nickel is fantastic.

My concern is the OLBer position. Woodley won't be Old Abe part two but hopefully he can contribute some.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Talk about delusional fans. Thirty two said that we're better, and on offense that might be true if we get a decent center, and I don't mean Shipley. But on defense, we have taken too many hits and to depend upon Bethel (CB) and Woodley (PR), well delusional comes to mind.

freebyrd

Reaction score
i don't know it doesn't seem like we did all that much, then again i didn't know we signed iupati until he was practically doing his presser so maybe i'm not the right guy to ask :D

i hated seeing seattle sign jimmy graham. we couldn't cover scrub tight ends now we got to see him 2 maybe 3 times a year
and the rams defense scares the hell out of me we lost both our quarterbacks last year when we played them

only san fran seems like they have taken some steps backwards
but i trust BASK knows what they're doing, i know we had a great start last year and barely missed the playoffs the year before but all these years of perennial losing has me gun shy on getting my hopes up,
i would love for arians to be the next belechek, in that we would always be considered contenders of favorites for the west and beyond..but we need to win a damn superbowl or two first

wouldn't it be awesome to look back a few years from now and to have been the first nfl franchise in history to threepeat?
damn when i dream i dream big! ;)

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disagree. OL got much stronger and in turn, our running game did as well. ILB upgraded. Potential of Wash and Spoon is major upgrade. I'm not convinced that Niklas can't be our pass catching TE.

The areas I'm concerned with our the DL and CB positions. Bethel & Powers need to step up. Wouldn't be shocked to take a CB with our 1st pick. DL, really not sure if we upgraded or regressed. Time will tell with that one.

Potential doesn't equal result. All we did was sign a bunch of "hope they stay healthy". We didn't upgrade at center(how you upgrade by signing someone who was 3rd team). We still don't have a legit pass rusher and we got weaker on the defensive line by losing Williams and we still have no running game to speak of.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Cardinals did a good job addressing needs. Ask yourself who is out there that can get you 15 to 20 sacks per season. The answer is nobody. The Cardinals signed solid role players that provide depth. Great job FO.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i don't know it doesn't seem like we did all that much, then again i didn't know we signed iupati until he was practically doing his presser so maybe i'm not the right guy to ask :D

i hated seeing seattle sign jimmy graham. we couldn't cover scrub tight ends now we got to see him 2 maybe 3 times a year
and the rams defense scares the hell out of me we lost both our quarterbacks last year when we played them

only san fran seems like they have taken some steps backwards
but i trust BASK knows what they're doing, i know we had a great start last year and barely missed the playoffs the year before but all these years of perennial losing has me gun shy on getting my hopes up,
i would love for arians to be the next belechek, in that we would always be considered contenders of favorites for the west and beyond..but we need to win a damn superbowl or two first

wouldn't it be awesome to look back a few years from now and to have been the first nfl franchise in history to threepeat?
damn when i dream i dream big! ;)
You make a valid point. However, it depends on how you look at it really. Seattle made a splash, the Rams may, MAY, have improved their team, when you just look at the FA talent acquired, on its own, but not how it relates to the team.

If you look at these FA moves based on need at positions though I think the Cards have increased their team more than anyone else in the division.

We grabbed several dudes at positions of need. Especially, IMO, on the offensive line and linebacker, and that's assuming we don't sign AP, which I believe we will.

Seattle signed Graham, I agree that's huge, but they gave up an awesome linemen in Unger. Maybe people think you don't need a great line with RW back there, but that's gotta hurt. They still have no threat at receiver, so at best, to me, what they lost and gained cancel each other out. I will say this though, with RW's play style, they were smart to get a good/great TE rather than a Mike Wallace type player. Graham can flow to the same side RW is scrambling and will definitely get open, whereas a deep threat receiver has much more difficulty breaking off his routes and flowing back to his QB on scrambles and broken plays. It's a win for them, but I'm not convinced that alone is better than the moves we've made.

The Rams keep being the Rams. They stockpile talent and lose because... I know people are going to say it's coaching, but that's not my belief... I think they have the same issue Whiz did post Warner. No QB. Can't win without a QB. Their FA was okay but their big move was on the DLine. They already had a crushing DLine. Probably the best in the NFL. I don't know how this helps, frankly, even accounting for rotation and late season weariness and injury. Makes no sense. Chip Kelly stockpiles RB's, but that makes sense to me because he wants to go faster and his players faded late in the season, so he needs like 20 RB's and 4 QB's. But this for the Rams makes no sense.

I think we did fine, and better than fine so far. What we did was improve our weaknesses, not improve already strong areas. Seattle did some of that, but not as much as we did IMO, and the Rams just built on their strength, which I don't think is winning football. You have to plug holes in the NFL, because every team and coach knows what you're good at and suck at.

I think we've done a better job at plugging holes than anyone else in our division.

We've turned weaknesses into strengths. That's how you win at football.

Last edited:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Rams keep being the Rams. They stockpile talent and lose because... I know people are going to say it's coaching, but that's not my belief... I think they have the same issue Whiz did post Warner. No QB. Can't win without a QB. Their FA was okay but their big move was on the DLine. They already had a crushing DLine. Probably the best in the NFL. I don't know how this helps, frankly, even accounting for rotation and late season weariness and injury. Makes no sense. Chip Kelly stockpiles RB's, but that makes sense to me because he wants to go faster and his players faded late in the season, so he needs like 20 RB's and 4 QB's. But this for the Rams makes no sense.
Have to chime in again on the Fairley signing.
Snap counts for DT position last year:
Aaron Donald 787
Michael Brockers 660
Kendall Langford 488

Langford was released, and Brockers is going into a contract year. Fairley was signed to take Langford's spot in the 3 way rotation.

Overkill? Hardly. The Rams rely heavily on DLine rotations.
DE snap counts last season:
Quinn 869
Ernie Sims 615
Willy Hayes 608
C. Long 232(missed 10 games) Normally equal to Quinn on the other side

Fairley isn't a splash signing, but vital to the DLine rotations and an upgrade over K.Langford in terms of pass rush.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Looks like we put ourselves in position to take the best players available come draft day, which is a pretty good free agency period for me. No terrible contracts. All multi year contracts are to players under 30 (Redding's is a two year but no cap hit if cut). It is never good to build your roster through free agency, but I believe we did a good job plugging some holes.

Regarding others concern over the other teams in our division...really? Who cares what the other teams are doing? If the Cardinals can improve their ability to be productive on offense, improve special teams, and get faster in the front 7, it will all take care of itself.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Have to chime in again on the Fairley signing.
Snap counts for DT position last year:
Aaron Donald 787
Michael Brockers 660
Kendall Langford 488

Langford was released, and Brockers is going into a contract year. Fairley was signed to take Langford's spot in the 3 way rotation.

Overkill? Hardly. The Rams rely heavily on DLine rotations.
DE snap counts last season:
Quinn 869
Ernie Sims 615
Willy Hayes 608
C. Long 232(missed 10 games) Normally equal to Quinn on the other side

Fairley isn't a splash signing, but vital to the DLine rotations and an upgrade over K.Langford in terms of pass rush.

Well, like us, the Rams will not matter until they improve their offense. IMO, Foles is not much better than Shaun Hill.