OT: Greg Hardy

RINGLESS

Veteran
Reaction score
While getting him and Peterson with our roster would most likely result in a SB appearance I think Hardy took things to far. He strangled a woman, and threatened to kill her.

I would love to have him, I just don't think he deserves the second chance

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
While getting him and Peterson with our roster would most likely result in a SB appearance I think Hardy took things to far. He strangled a woman, and threatened to kill her.

I would love to have him, I just don't think he deserves the second chance

If he is reinstated to play in the NFL, then he should be signed because this is a modern gladiator sport and not the church choir. I do not agree with what he did one bit but I would also not even bother knowing who he was if he did not play football. It is call putting things into context. I am a fan of the Cardinals and I want to win, hence sign him. I am not a fan of his character and would not invite him to dinner... I do not invite players to my house to be friends, I watch them play football

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If he is reinstated to play in the NFL, then he should be signed because this is a modern gladiator sport and not the church choir. I do not agree with what he did one bit but I would also not even bother knowing who he was if he did not play football. It is call putting things into context. I am a fan of the Cardinals and I want to win, hence sign him. I am not a fan of his character and would not invite him to dinner... I do not invite players to my house to be friends, I watch them play football

My thoughts on pro sports exactly.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Reason why teams will not sign Hardy is if the team sponsors threatened to drop them. Teams seem to look the other way with talented players like Hardy.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am listening to a local show up here and they are reporting that Seattle is bringing him in. So, the show is asking Seahawk fans if they would be good with the move and so far they have only found a one person for it. They just said between callers, twitter and email it is over 99% against it. Interesting that Seahawk fans are so against it.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NFLTradeRumors.co
Report: Cowboys Negotiating Contract With DE Greg Hardy http://bit.ly/1FqY7Bw

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson
For what it's worth, league source says "nothing imminent" between #Cowboys & Greg Hardy. Wide open phrase, but clearly no imminent signing.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 2m2 minutes ago
No. Wherever Hardy goes, it's going to take patience. Lot of hurdles. RT @TylerSpenceRSEN do u see #Cowboys & Hardy getting deal done soon?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As for Seattle Radio, remember the people who tend to be active in these things are generally going to be the vocal minority, and in these circumstances with Hardy, it doesn't surprise me. It wouldn't be that one sided with everyone, but it would still be pretty lopsided.

As for the Cowboys...just goes to show you how much Jerrah is full of it. 'Cap' prevented them from having a 5 mill cap hit for Murray...but the re-signed the midget WR, McFadden, and are going after Hardy? Yeah Jerrah, apparently the 'cap' only prevents you from paying DeMarco. Just like with Chip Kelly, where he talks about 'cap' as the reason for the moves, but goes out and trades for a ~10x more expensive QB, then sign two running backs including DeMarco.

The lying these days is simply over the top.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As for Seattle Radio, remember the people who tend to be active in these things are generally going to be the vocal minority, and in these circumstances with Hardy, it doesn't surprise me. It wouldn't be that one sided with everyone, but it would still be pretty lopsided.

As for the Cowboys...just goes to show you how much Jerrah is full of it. 'Cap' prevented them from having a 5 mill cap hit for Murray...but the re-signed the midget WR, McFadden, and are going after Hardy? Yeah Jerrah, apparently the 'cap' only prevents you from paying DeMarco. Just like with Chip Kelly, where he talks about 'cap' as the reason for the moves, but goes out and trades for a ~10x more expensive QB, then sign two running backs including DeMarco.

Its that time of the year when one should never believer anything a GM or HC says.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
Panthers free-agent DE Greg Hardy is visiting the Dallas Cowboys today, as @nickeatman reported. Dallas definitely interested in Hardy.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
For now, forget about Seattle and Tampa being involved. Dallas is undisputed favorite to land free-agent DE Greg Hardy.

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
We need pass rush help. It's for the taking and we don't do it. Yet Daryl Washington is still on the team. If you're going to take a stance one way or the other that's fine. But don't be inconsistent and hypocritical. Poor management for the Cardinals here.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need pass rush help. It's for the taking and we don't do it. Yet Daryl Washington is still on the team. If you're going to take a stance one way or the other that's fine. But don't be inconsistent and hypocritical. Poor management for the Cardinals here.

there is ZERO benefit to cutting him. you still pay him. you still get the cap hit. Might as well see what happens and keep him.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think you need to read both police reports and that ask yourself if it is really hypocritical. And keep in mind that Hardy was found guilty by a court of law and appealed and then the witness disappeared.

After nearly 11 hours of hearing testimony, Thorn-Tin told a somber Hardy that "the court is entirely convinced Hardy is guilty of assault on a female and communicating threats."

Earlier in the morning the accuser testified that she was assaulted by Hardy at his apartment after a night of drinking. She also said Hardy threatened to kill her and put his hands around her neck.

"He looked me in my eyes and he told me he was going to kill me," said the accuser, a 24-year-old cocktail waitress in downtown Charlotte. "I was so scared I wanted to die. When he loosened his grip slightly, I said just, `Do it. Kill me."

She described Hardy as jealous and controlling, mentioning several times that Hardy didn't allow her do some things because he often paid her rent. She said she didn't immediately give police a statement out of fear of retribution.

"He had told me in past if I took food out of his family's mouth he was going to kill me," the accuser said.

Hardy said the accuser then asked him, "Do you want to see crazy? I'll show you crazy."

vs.

She told officers Washington had visited her at her apartment where she lives with their daughter. During the routine visit, the woman told police Washington pushed her with two hands causing her to fall and break her collarbone, according to the documents.

Washington's wife spoke in his defense and said he was a good person. Washington also spoke and apologized to his former girlfriend, her family and his own family.

"I'm very remorseful for this incident," Washington said. "I will do everything in my power ... to be a better person and a better role model."

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you need to read both police reports and that ask yourself if it is really hypocritical. And keep in mind that Hardy was found guilty by a court of law and appealed and then the witness disappeared.

vs.

:raccoon:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

"Midget" WR Beasley is extremely productive and their most reliable slot receiver.

McFadden basically cost them nothing. 200k guaranteed. He's going to be one of 4 RB's going into camp, 3 will make it out. Chances are he won't even make the roster, and if he does it will be behind whoever they draft. (Unless he surprises everyone, which would make his contract a complete steal.)

Hardy fills a big-time need for that defense. Probably worth the gamble.

Murray was run into the ground last year and the Cowboys did the smart thing by not giving him a big contract.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
...but they didn't have money for DeMarco.

I hope Dallas fans remember that lie of Jerrah's when their run game can't come together.

They definitely had enough for Murray, and if any of those bonuses or 'unlikely to be earned' then they'll be pushing some of this hit next year. This would mean they could of easily had Murray for this year and probably the next two years.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"Midget" WR Beasley is extremely productive and their most reliable slot receiver.

McFadden basically cost them nothing. 200k guaranteed. He's going to be one of 4 RB's going into camp, 3 will make it out. Chances are he won't even make the roster, and if he does it will be behind whoever they draft. (Unless he surprises everyone, which would make his contract a complete steal.)

Hardy fills a big-time need for that defense. Probably worth the gamble.

Murray was run into the ground last year and the Cowboys did the smart thing by not giving him a big contract.

420 YARDS! gets hit HARD alot (major risk of concussions). 14 million for him, but 16 million for the league's leading rusher??? He only had 300 something the year before.

Then they signed McFadden, who will get paid alot more then 200k. That's what they risk..that's not what the criticism is about. He'll make it and count multiple millions.

He had ONE season of carrying it hard. Took about 10 of those to wear down Smith. Murray's use is SO overrated.

Then they also got Hardy. All those contracts and they 'couldn't' pay Murray. He would of taken a discount and they probably could of gotten him cheaper had they not completely low balled him to start.

It's a complete insult to offer the league's leading rusher (who was good well before this year, check his YPC) half a million more per year then scrub Beasley. Also in a year where they could draft someone far better then Beasley.

Would you of chosen to lose say Fitz or Bolding to keep Breaston? Hell Breaston was better then this guy.

He fills a need, but Jerrah lied to Cowboys fans big time, and now they open up a huge hole at running back that McFadden and the in house candidates won't be able to fill. It wouldn't surprise me to see the leading rusher for the Cowboys not even hit 800 yards let alone 1800 or anywhere close to that.

Plus remember when they aren't pounding the rock first, Romo is a few notches lower of quality. Murray's loss is going to sting hard, and Hardy won't be able to make it up. Plus they will now need to face Murray twice a year. We all know from watching guys like Boldin go against us that's not good.

Last edited: