2014 Arizona Basketball

GaryC

Reaction score
any advice on game day activities around the arena on game day?

TimurT1990

Rookie
Reaction score
What game are you going to attend?

Honestly, there are a lot of restaurants in the area. It depends on what you're looking for.

Bob Dobb's, No Anchovies, Frog & Firkin, Auld Dubliner, etc.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Didn't watch. Listened to some of it on the radio, though.Too many turnovers. Otherwise, great defensive effort. I said earlier, Zona needed a "get right" game after the unlv loss. asu was the perfect victim.

Curious to see if Miller sticks with Pitts and RHJ in the starting lineup.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was a boring game. ASU is not a very good team and the game was never in doubt. I think ASU can beat UCLA, who isn't that good either. Hope Alford is there for a long time. :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Craig Victor is transferring out over lack of PT.

Rumor is LSU but that's because that was his 2nd choice out of HS.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
Total bummer.. one less piece to help us in March if we got into foul trouble.

Hopefully it helps big picture with Rabb or Zimmerman

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wasn't going to play much this year...or next either unless he got much, much better.

He can board and shoot but his defense is behind. Surprised he's going midseason but kids don't seem to have much patience. Would have thought he'd play more next year with the likelihood of massive roster turnover but I guess if Tarc is really going to stay, that puts Ryan Anderson at the 4 exclusively. If Tarc goes then it's Ristic, Anderson and any recruit at the 5 and more time at the 4.

My guess is combination of PT and being homesick.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
He can board and shoot but his defense is behind. Surprised he's going midseason but kids don't seem to have much patience. Would have thought he'd play more next year with the likelihood of massive roster turnover but I guess if Tarc is really going to stay, that puts Ryan Anderson at the 4 exclusively. If Tarc goes then it's Ristic, Anderson and any recruit at the 5 and more time at the 4.

My guess is combination of PT and being homesick.

Im curious where the Tarc staying stuff is coming from.. IMO going into this year I pictured the whole starting 5 (RHJ) included being gone. What makes you think Tarc will possibly stay this year vs pull a Jerrett? Granted he's not been great this year so I can understand it, but wouldnt expect it

TJ

Reaction score
Zeus will leave for the same reason NJ left last season--there isn't much he can work on in college to improve his stock, and he has enough potential to get drafted this yeat

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No surprise and it will not hurt the Cats. Opens up a scholarship and he was not going to see much playing time next year either.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im curious where the Tarc staying stuff is coming from.. IMO going into this year I pictured the whole starting 5 (RHJ) included being gone. What makes you think Tarc will possibly stay this year vs pull a Jerrett? Granted he's not been great this year so I can understand it, but wouldnt expect it

I've heard from a couple of UA fans that Tarc is strongly considering coming back because he's not a projected first rounder, but that with Ristic, Anderson etc his playing time might go down if he came back.

These days the longer you're in school the more it seems NBA scouts doubt you but I think the book has been out on Tarc for awhile now. He'll play in the NBA just on size but he just doesn't have good hands.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if he thinks Rabb, who visited this weekend is going to end up at UA. Right now, UA is looking at Anderson and Comanche so far coming in next year, I think Tarc & Ashley come out this year so maybe Rabb & Zimmerman decide on UA. In Rabb's case as Russ mentioned, Miller is going to have to close the deal with Rabb's mother.

BTW, I know Trier, Rabb & Leaf visited this weekend but I know there were 2 other 5-star visitors in Tucson, anyone know who the other 2 were?

TJ

Reaction score
I wonder if he thinks Rabb, who visited this weekend is going to end up at UA. Right now, UA is looking at Anderson and Comanche so far coming in next year, I think Tarc & Ashley come out this year so maybe Rabb & Zimmerman decide on UA. In Rabb's case as Russ mentioned, Miller is going to have to close the deal with Rabb's mother.

BTW, I know Trier, Rabb & Leaf visited this weekend but I know there were 2 other 5-star visitors in Tucson, anyone know who the other 2 were?

Marvin Bagley and Alex Barcello

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is also talk Ashley might stay although I doubt it. He was gone last year before he got hurt, he's better this year. I don't know where he'll get picked but I think it's fairly obvious now he's going to have to make it in the NBA as a combo guy, his plan to move to the 3 looks less and less likely. He has improved his shot but his release is so slow, he gets off shots in college because he's guarded by 4's who back off.

Miller is recruiting like he expects to lose several of these kids would be interesting if more came back than he expects but obviously a senior is usually better than a freshman.

TJ

Reaction score
First time winning at Matthew Knight Arena and that awful looking court.

RHJ is arguably the best defender in college basketball. Made Young look like a mediocre player rather than the conference's leading scorer.

Elliot Pitts will be fine for next game, thank goodness.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First time winning at Matthew Knight Arena and that awful looking court.

RHJ is arguably the best defender in college basketball. Made Young look like a mediocre player rather than the conference's leading scorer.

Elliot Pitts will be fine for next game, thank goodness.

If TJ can play like that every game, the Cats will be hard to beat.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
I don't understand why Miller didn't go bigger at the end.. With OSUs big out, why not go inside since it was a close game and we need rebounds.. Tarc Johnson Ashley RHJ and tj would have had shooters and size vs York and Pitts.