Prediction: Fitz does not leave

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I have never felt like Fitz was going anywhere. Still don't.

I predict he'll be suiting up as a Cardinal for years to come.

:newcards:

BIM

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've always thought Larry likes being a big fish in this particular pond.

And I think Michael likes it as well.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter
That would be a good sign MT @foxsports910: .@mikejurecki on #Fitz: "Positive movement in BOTH parties regarding the Fitzgerald situation."

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...04/cardinals-look-different-version/21264537/

Arians says Fitz and DD are in ARZ's 2015 plans. Cromartie has interest staying in ARZ but of course how much ARZ is willing to pay him is going to be the deciding factor. Arians says ARZ should be able to make moves if they want, "I think we're in really good shape in that department". He also states he wants another young QB which contradicts what Jurecki said Sunday. Although he makes it sound like he's targeting another rookie because a veteran would be too expensive.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...04/cardinals-look-different-version/21264537/

Arians says Fitz and DD are in ARZ's 2015 plans. Cromartie has interest staying in ARZ but of course how much ARZ is willing to pay him is going to be the deciding factor. Arians says ARZ should be able to make moves if they want, "I think we're in really good shape in that department". He also states he wants another young QB which contradicts what Jurecki said Sunday. Although he makes it sound like he's targeting another rookie because a veteran would be too expensive.
Glennon makes under 700k each of the next 2 year.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Agreed. Something tells me Fitz is a Cardinal for life. Maybe Dockett too.

And since we're predicting things, I'm also predicting Bowles will be back. I think he did a great job this year, but I don't think he'll get any offers.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Agreed. Something tells me Fitz is a Cardinal for life. Maybe Dockett too.

And since we're predicting things, I'm also predicting Bowles will be back. I think he did a great job this year, but I don't think he'll get any offers.
Im in with this but I think Bowles will get an offer. I just dont think he will take it.

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
I dont get why people who say they care about Fitz would want him to stay. He is like your kid and you live in an economically depressed area and you know if he stays which is the easy thing to do his opportunities will be diminished. It is past time he goes to use his skills on a national stage. It is like the case of Aeneas Williams. He left to get a Super Bowl and fans were happy. In this case Fitz role in the offense is a diminished one where he can go elsewhere and go out on top being utilized as a number one.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I heard the Jurecki interview this evening. He talked about the "movement" between both sides, and that they're closer to a deal to keep Fitz here. His partner asked him what he thought the odds were, and threw out 75%.. Jurecki, without pause, immediately snapped back "oh no, better than that." But he declined to try to put a number on it. Coming from a guy as well-connected as he is, I'd say that's a pretty strong indication that he's likely to stay. Personally, I hope he does.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Can't see him staying for anything less than 11-12m per year. When you factor in the salary he'd get from a new team (8-9m per year) plus the huge check from us from releasing him it would average out around that number anyway.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Can't see him staying for anything less than 11-12m per year. When you factor in the salary he'd get from a new team (8-9m per year) plus the huge check from us from releasing him it would average out around that number anyway.

SERIOUSLY??

sorry man....NOBODY out there is going to pay Fitz 8-9 million per year...with perhaps the only exception being a one year deal when a team thinks they are all in for a championship.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I have never felt like Fitz was going anywhere. Still don't.

I predict he'll be suiting up as a Cardinal for years to come.

:newcards:

BIM

Me too.

I dont get why people who say they care about Fitz would want him to stay. He is like your kid and you live in an economically depressed area and you know if he stays which is the easy thing to do his opportunities will be diminished. It is past time he goes to use his skills on a national stage. It is like the case of Aeneas Williams. He left to get a Super Bowl and fans were happy. In this case Fitz role in the offense is a diminished one where he can go elsewhere and go out on top being utilized as a number one.

We are better with him than without him. Period. Your post is strange to me. It's like you would prefer our star players leave to go play on a "better" team.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
SERIOUSLY??

sorry man....NOBODY out there is going to pay Fitz 8-9 million per year...with perhaps the only exception being a one year deal when a team thinks they are all in for a championship.

No way is he signing a 1-year deal though. Q is making 7m so there's no reason to believe Fitz won't make a little more.

FORKTUNG

Registered
Reaction score
I heard that he gets about 3 mil in local endorsements (U of Phx) etc plus he likes raising his son here

Anyways I hope he stays and they can work the deal for years to come

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I'll be surprised if Fitz doesn't retire a Cardinal.

As MJ said, Larry likely loses most of his $4 million worth of endorsements in a new location. The Cardinals probably end up paying him in the neighborhood of 8-10 million per including incentives. He might get that in New England, but then if you subtract his local endorsements and figure the higher state income tax in Massachusetts, New Jersey (Jets game) and New York (Buffalo game) Larry comes out a net loser financially.

It might be different if the Cardinals weren't a likely playoff team the next couple seasons, especially with the expansion to a 14-team playoff format.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the tables have turned..... Last week there were reporters saying Fitz has a below a 50% chance of being in a Cards uni next year to MJ (reliable source) saying that it's better than a 75% chance he will stay here. If Fitz ends up staying (for less $), then he is what we all thought about him- loyal, happy, Cardinal for life, etc.... Regardless if he stays or leaves, we as Cards fans will always be a Fitz fan no matter where he goes.

Now I believe he will be back if the 2 sides are working hard for each other

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'll be surprised if Fitz doesn't retire a Cardinal.

As MJ said, Larry likely loses most of his $4 million worth of endorsements in a new location. The Cardinals probably end up paying him in the neighborhood of 8-10 million per including incentives. He might get that in New England, but then if you subtract his local endorsements and figure the higher state income tax in Massachusetts, New Jersey (Jets game) and New York (Buffalo game) Larry comes out a net loser financially.

It might be different if the Cardinals weren't a likely playoff team the next couple seasons, especially with the expansion to a 14-team playoff format.

He can still leave the team now, and come back later for the ceremonial 1 day contract and retire a Cardinal. ;)

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Larry likely loses most of his $4 million worth of endorsements in a new location???????? Really? Last time I checked, everyone loves Larry. Does anyone really believe he could not earn that kind of money (or much more) in endorsements in another city?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Me too.

We are better with him than without him. Period. Your post is strange to me. It's like you would prefer our star players leave to go play on a "better" team.

With or without him, Arizona has nobody to throw him the ball. Palmer is old & is probably damaged goods at this point in his career.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Larry likely loses most of his $4 million worth of endorsements in a new location???????? Really? Last time I checked, everyone loves Larry. Does anyone really believe he could not earn that kind of money (or much more) in endorsements in another city?

Depends on the need for a Larry Fitzgerald endorsement. (?) IIRC Fitz replaced Leinart as the Desert Schools Credit Union guy.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson