Fitz Gonzoooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...otPostID=['eec0734833ef243ba850cfa12a8f80cb']

what was said to me is that Bruce tends to tell players how valuable they are and how they are a valued part of the offense similar to what he says in the article.. but the touches simply aren't there... Fitz doesn't believe thats gonna change

now the reason for the out clause at the end of my initial post is if somehow bruce can convince larry that this can change (also pointed out in the article) but from what i was told he wouldn't believe it .

I have no reason not to believe you and it aligns with what's been rumored for awhile now. As for the snipes aimed your way, we've had a lot of short term posters through the years drop off juicy insider information and then vanish. Most of them didn't even stick around for the inevitable backlash once their insider information proved baseless. I tend to think yours is legitimate but don't let the negative responses get to you. And speaking only for myself, if your friend in the locker room passes on more information, I'll look forward to reading it.

Steve

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'll indulge you with one other stat since you hold them so dear amigo, how many more targets did Wayne get? ;) BA calls the plays, Palmer throws the ball, Larry catches whatever comes his way, or are you suggesting he has bad hands?

Reggie Wayne in 2012 had 196 passes thrown his way and produced 1350 yards and 5 TDs.

Larry Fitzgerald in 2013 had 136 passes and produced 962 yards and 10 TDs.
Larry Fitzgerald in 2014 had 103 passes and produced 785 yards and 2 TDs.

I think that Palmer/Stanton throws to the open man, and I think that Wayne was more effective at getting open than Fitzgerald has been.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
something could change but thats what i heard from a reliable source.

None of this is new. Not this thread, not this topic. It's been discussed quite a bit the past few days. Heck, I mentioned in a couple of threads that it's not about $$, but will be about the power struggle betwix Arians and Fitz. And I paraphrased my source - Bruce Cooper of Ch 12. Coop discussed this with Jay and Tank after the game that night. So, technically your info is 3 days old. Even Bickley is gravy-training on what Coop said Saturday night.

Cooper is likely everyone's "source" at this point.

I also didn't feel the need to be an attention ***** and start a new thread, but instead participate in a threads already discussing it.

As for my .02 on the topic.. Fitz proved this season he can still play at a high level, but is not keen on playing slot anymore. There have been plenty of reasons listed in this thread and others as to why, and they're all valid. Fitz also believes he's still valuable at WR and can produce.

My "source" tells me the FO will sit down with Arians in the next few weeks (prior to deciding to keep or cut) and see if he's willing to work with Fitz to put him on the outside more and get him involved. Fitz is still there most reliable WR and sells a lot of jerseys. It's in the franchises best interest to keep him. Seeing as how Floyd didn't step up like many thought maybe Arians will abide. Honestly, it would be in Arians' best interest to get Fitz more involved since he's the most reliable WR.

Otherwise if they all decide it's best to move on Fitz will be let go. End of story.

And my source is "just a hunch." Dunno why sources have to be so secret.. :shrug:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyler3450

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
I have no reason not to believe you and it aligns with what's been rumored for awhile now. As for the snipes aimed your way, we've had a lot of short term posters through the years drop off juicy insider information and then vanish. Most of them didn't even stick around for the inevitable backlash once their insider information proved baseless. I tend to think yours is legitimate but don't let the negative responses get to you. And speaking only for myself, if your friend in the locker room passes on more information, I'll look forward to reading it.

Steve

Thanks Steve

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Your arms are going to get tired, lol. Wayne has nothing to do with Fitz, two completely different situations, am I supposed to go find a good receiver that didn't get 1000 yards with a new system and pieces? I think I'd rather finish this here coffee and discuss the relevant things in life. :D

Your insults are neither clever nor entertaining.

I have no idea, NONE, ZILCH, how you can make the claim that the Reggie Wayne situation and Larry Fitzgerald situations are not the same.

And by the way, yes, if you are going to challenge things in a debate you have to do some research, so put your coffee down, go prove your case beyond childish name calling, or please just drink your coffee and stop typing.

Fitzgerald and Reggie Wayne both played on the outside of their offensive systems for years during there prime.

Wayne played with Peyton Manning for a decade and then switch to playing with Andrew Luck, and then to being coached by Bruce Arians.

Those are changes to the system. Arians saw Wayne was older, and to prolong his career he moved Wayne inside.

This is exactly what Arians asked Fitzgerald to do, and by the numbers Fitzgerald has struggled where Wayne flourished.

And if you don't want to believe me or K9, then go pick a fight with the numerous sports analysts that are paid to make these observations that agree Fitzgerald has been put in the same role that Arians used Reggie Wayne in Indy, and Hines Ward in Pit.

And what in the hell is "relevant things in life" you are on a football message board acting the fool if you ask me, so I have NO idea what you are talking about. Unless relevant things is posting reactionary posts, that are an effort to insult and be abrasive. Switch to decaff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyler3450

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
Desertdawg

1. I can't say who cuz if it gets back to him it would Piss off a friend. When it happens Ill be able to say who and it will make more sense.

2. I wasn't drunk lol who drinks on a Monday work night alchy.

3. My limited posts? I've been on a year and some change... My first couple months after I signed up didn't check this page regularly. I didn't even know these forums existed until August 2013 lol.

Back track and you will see I'm posting a lot more regularly in recent months.

4. This isn't from articles I just so happen to see the article after I posted this thread and used it to point out how dead on it was from what my "source" told me.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
BA calls the plays, Palmer throws the ball, Larry catches whatever comes his way, or are you suggesting he has bad hands?

Yep.

And that is Larry Fitzgerald's role with the team. No more, no less.

We will find out if Fitzgerald wants to stay in this role, which, IMO, is the only way he gets any production at age 31.

In years past I could see the value in keeping Fitzgerald no matter what, but those years have past. Paying a guy a huge amount of money AND having to make sure he is in the role he wants, and not what the team needs ?

Really? That is the kind of player the Cardinals want right now ?

That's your opinion of the matter, but I think it would be a HUGE mistake, IMHO.

Cardinals have all the leverage in this situation, IMO. No way they are going to pay him the salary, since he won't come close to earning it, even keeping in mind all he does off the field. Furthermore, Fitzgerald's role, is his role, if he doesn't want to play the slot, or block, or have to know 3 positions on the field, then he can go play for a team on the outside again, and see that he doesn't have the skill to get open on the outside anymore

JMHO

BTW - I seem to remember a LOT of interceptions that were balls intended for Fitzgerald in the 2013 season, and this last season the team stopped "forcing the ball" to Fitzgerald and the INT's decreased ... but we won't mention any of that in your response right?

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
New coach, new QB, new offense... but we won't mention any of that in your response right? :mulli:

Really, it has to be mentioned every time anyone posts about the situation ?

You cannot remember that far out?

Kinda of hypocritical coming from a poster that makes general opinions without backing them up with any links, facts, etc. You seem to want a lot for providing little.

Furthermore, you have any more excuses for Fitzgerald's play while you are on the subject, cause for good as he is, you seem to see a lot holding Fitzgerald back ?

:apologist:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyler3450

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
And some players have already had exit conversations with coaches, my proof to that would give away my "source"...

I'll revisit this thread when the dust settles and it's free to discuss all the info.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I know not many will have reason to believe me but heard tonight from someone on the inside...

Fitz not a fan of his position on the team and will be looking to leave in the coming weeks/month

Thanks for posting, by the way.

Regardless of the legitimacy of the report, it brings up a topic, and we can discuss it.

Maybe someday people on this board can disagree without going after the poster........but I have yet to see that happen in 12 years, lol.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
And some players have already had exit conversations with coaches, my proof to that would give away my "source"...

I'll revisit this thread when the dust settles and it's free to discuss all the info.

Meh.

You don't need to divulge any more information than you deem necessary, especially not to quiet haters.

Some people will complain about the harp music in heaven.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There are cap problems for the Cards with Fitz no matter what they do.
Fitz is a huge problem this season
Keep him 28 mill
Cut him 11 mill

Either way we won't have FA money we could have. 11 mill for one season buys a lot...or in this case nothing
It's hard to compete with no money
Expect issues next year where there will be holes

OP
OP
Tyler3450

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, by the way.

Regardless of the legitimacy of the report, it brings up a topic, and we can discuss it.

Maybe someday people on this board can disagree without going after the poster........but I have yet to see that happen in 12 years, lol.

Thanks trust me I'm thinking the same thing.... I'm close with a couple of the guys on the team and after some of the attack Bs it made me think I'll refrain from posting what they tell me. I just figured a group of diehards like myself would be interested in hearing what's being talked about in the locker room.

OP
OP
Tyler3450

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
There are cap problems for the Cards with Fitz no matter what they do.
Fitz is a huge problem this season
Keep him 28 mill
Cut him 11 mill

Either way we won't have FA money we could have. 11 mill for one season buys a lot...or in this case nothing
It's hard to compete with no money
Expect issues next year where there will be holes

There is cap room to be made once we part ways with Fitz and the cap is bumped up to the projected 140 or 144 range they have been saying. Will need to make other cuts and rework dockett and maybe someone like stanton. I don't see why this off season will be any different than the last two with keim making one year offers to veteran guys that can still make a difference Cro, Foote, Abraham (2 year deal), T Kelly, Dansby, etc. that are chasing bigger paydays after a stop in the desert. We have one of the most creative and open minded gms in the game and i don't see why that would stop now.

OP
OP
Tyler3450

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
Meh.

You don't need to divulge any more information than you deem necessary, especially not to quiet haters.

Some people will complain about the harp music in heaven.

HAHAHAHA Ill be happy to cuz in six weeks or so it won't matter.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I know not many will have reason to believe me but heard tonight from someone on the inside...

Fitz not a fan of his position on the team and will be looking to leave in the coming weeks/month

not a shock and consistent with what many have been reporting

any other kind of big picture observations regarding the team from your source?

OP
OP
Tyler3450

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
not a shock and consistent with what many have been reporting

any other kind of big picture observations regarding the team from your source?

He is disgruntled .... Lot of guys in the locker room are either diehard for bruce or can't stand him. Again can't say much more till dust has settled.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Please do. Until then you're one more unknown guy on the internet claiming to have inside info while refusing to name your source.

Not fascinating. Sorry. Not even TMZ Sports-worthy at this point. If you have juicy gossip and can name names....I'll happily pay attention.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fitz faces a conundrum.

Knowing that he is not going to get $23 million from anyone, he realizes a reduction from the previous contract amounts is inevitable. While some team will provide a greater offer than the Cardinals, I believe the Cardinals offer will not be greatly far off from the max offer Fitzgerald receives.
But, it has been implied, if not stated outright, that it's not about the money.

Fitz is wanting accomplish two somewhat disparate goals. 1. He wants to be THE key offensive weapon on the team. 2. He would love to get a championship ring. However, any team that is close to being competitive for the Championship, is going to want Fitz to add to their offense, not be their offense. And any team that wants Fitzgerald to come in and be the key weapon in their offense is going to be a team that needs a lot of help and subsequently, not a team that is likely to be competitive for that Ring.

That is how I see the situation. How it resolves, that can be anybody's guess!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
He is disgruntled .... Lot of guys in the locker room are either diehard for bruce or can't stand him. Again can't say much more till dust has settled.

assume that "He" above is Fitz

any sense of ratio of those who like and those who cant stand him?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Fitz faces a conundrum.

Knowing that he is not going to get $23 million from anyone, he realizes a reduction from the previous contract amounts is inevitable. While some team will provide a greater offer than the Cardinals, I believe the Cardinals offer will not be greatly far off from the max offer Fitzgerald receives.
But, it has been implied, if not stated outright, that it's not about the money.

Fitz is wanting accomplish two somewhat disparate goals. 1. He wants to be THE key offensive weapon on the team. 2. He would love to get a championship ring. However, any team that is close to being competitive for the Championship, is going to want Fitz to add to their offense, not be their offense. And any team that wants Fitzgerald to come in and be the key weapon in their offense is going to be a team that needs a lot of help and subsequently, not a team that is likely to be competitive for that Ring.

That is how I see the situation. How it resolves, that can be anybody's guess!

Faulty premise. Fitz has a prospective cap number of $24M for the Cards, but he's only facing $16M in salary and bonus in 2013; he's already pocketed the balance.

Would Fitz be able to get $12-16M in total salary and bonus from a playoff-caliber team like the Panthers if he's released? I think so. He'd also become immediately the focal point of their passing game and the most reliable receiver on the roster.

The Panthers are slated to have more than $15M in cap space in 2015.

Interesting side note: Ken Whisenhunt featured Fitzgerald and chose him over Anquan Boldin when the rubber met the road. The Tennessee Titans have more than $42M in pending cap space in 2015 per overthecap.

I think that people are overestimating the importance of winning to Larry Fitzgerald. He'd rather win than not, but he'd prefer to put up an 1100 yard, 12 TD season and earn $15M than win a Super Bowl making $8M and getting 900 yards, methinks.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think that people are overestimating the importance of winning to Larry Fitzgerald. He'd rather win than not, but he'd prefer to put up an 1100 yard, 12 TD season and earn $15M than win a Super Bowl making $8M and getting 900 yards, methinks.
If that's Fitz's mentality then au revoir. More power to him if he wants the $$ and numbers, but that's not the player this team needs right now.

I think the FO will talk it over with Arians and see if they can work him into the system better. It's to the benefit of everyone if Fitz stays. Fitz is the most reliable WR on the team and Arians needs to understand and realize that.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Desertdawg

1. I can't say who cuz if it gets back to him it would Piss off a friend. When it happens Ill be able to say who and it will make more sense.

2. I wasn't drunk lol who drinks on a Monday work night alchy.

3. My limited posts? I've been on a year and some change... My first couple months after I signed up didn't check this page regularly. I didn't even know these forums existed until August 2013 lol.

Back track and you will see I'm posting a lot more regularly in recent months.

4. This isn't from articles I just so happen to see the article after I posted this thread and used it to point out how dead on it was from what my "source" told me.

If Fits isn't here next year it won't vindicate you in any kind of way as anyone could have "came up" with the ground breaking prediction you came up with, which is already popular opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave