Fitz Gonzoooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
I know not many will have reason to believe me but heard tonight from someone on the inside...

Fitz not a fan of his position on the team and will be looking to leave in the coming weeks/month

something could change but thats what i heard from a reliable source.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Meh...these threads never turn out to bear any fruit.

No offense, but last sentence is a nice out clause...

OP
OP
Tyler3450

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
another player on the team... has had convo with him.

can't go any further but from what was said its definite...

OP
OP
Tyler3450

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
also believe this is why the media close to the team keep saying that he isn't happy with his role.

believe fitz has put off this feeling to those close besides my source.

OP
OP
Tyler3450

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
no limb...

not something I'm pulling out of a hat or just saying to say...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's not really going out on a limb to say what you're saying, or all that relevant from a poster with 85 posts.

All things considered though, you're probably right, haha. It stinks, but most of us wouldn't pay the same amount Fitz is due to get for the kind of production Odell Beckham put together in the last few weeks of the season, and Fitz probably isn't capable of doing it, even on a team with a better QB.

I'll miss the guy, but I'm resigned to losing him.

OP
OP
Tyler3450

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...otPostID=['eec0734833ef243ba850cfa12a8f80cb']

what was said to me is that Bruce tends to tell players how valuable they are and how they are a valued part of the offense similar to what he says in the article.. but the touches simply aren't there... Fitz doesn't believe thats gonna change

now the reason for the out clause at the end of my initial post is if somehow bruce can convince larry that this can change (also pointed out in the article) but from what i was told he wouldn't believe it .

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...otPostID=['eec0734833ef243ba850cfa12a8f80cb']

what was said to me is that Bruce tends to tell players how valuable they are and how they are a valued part of the offense similar to what he says in the article.. but the touches simply aren't there... Fitz doesn't believe thats gonna change

now the reason for the out clause at the end of my initial post is if somehow bruce can convince larry that this can change (also pointed out in the article) but from what i was told he wouldn't believe it .

If BA told Larry that he will move him to X or Z receiver, Larry would have no reason not to believe him.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If Larry isn't happy with his role at age 31, and with all the money he has made with this organization, then a sturdy handshake, thank you for your time and effort, and good luck to you is in order.

This team has be bigger things on the horizon than catering to a player who has been vastly overpaid for 5 years now. Not to say I had a problem with paying Fitzgerald his salaries, but they have been excessive, even for his play, and his "face of the franchise" role.

It seems his current need is for personal numbers, because if it is looking to get a ring, Arizona is a place that has a good situation to be competitive.

Thus if it is personal numbers, and roles, then I think Fitzgerald is better off on another team.

Because the Cardinals need to play as a team, the amount of INT's I have seen that were forced thows to Fitzgerald have been too many, so I rather see what is best for the team happen, then what is best for Fitzgerald, because to be fair there have been more than enough years where Larry Fitzgerald's needs were put extremely high on the priority list for this organization.

I have enjoyed watching Fitzgerald, and would love to see him retire a Cardinal, but at this point and time, with this team, I would rather see wins.

Hopefully Fitzgerald stays around, but if not, best of luck to him.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Larry isn't happy with his role at age 31, and with all the money he has made with this organization, then a sturdy handshake, thank you for your time and effort, and good luck to you is in order.

This team has be bigger things on the horizon than catering to a player who has been vastly overpaid for 5 years now. Not to say I had a problem with paying Fitzgerald his salaries, but they have been excessive, even for his play, and his "face of the franchise" role.

It seems his current need is for personal numbers, because if it is looking to get a ring, Arizona is a place that has a good situation to be competitive.

Thus if it is personal numbers, and roles, then I think Fitzgerald is better off on another team.

Because the Cardinals need to play as a team, the amount of INT's I have seen that were forced thows to Fitzgerald have been too many, so I rather see what is best for the team happen, then what is best for Fitzgerald, because to be fair there have been more than enough years where Larry Fitzgerald's needs were put extremely high on the priority list for this organization.

I have enjoyed watching Fitzgerald, and would love to see him retire a Cardinal, but at this point and time, with this team, I would rather see wins.

Hate it, but this is dead on. Hope he stays. But I need the team more than I need Larry...

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This.

May be time to part ways. Enjoyed all the faithful effort Larry gave every Sunday. But there comes a time to move on with the team which comes first and foremost.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
During the SNF game, even Collinsworth said Fitz is begrudgingly accepting the Hines Ward role on the team...he hates blocking down on formations. I don't think he hates playing the slot, he just hates having to block a lot of LB'ers and DL's in the Jumbo Packages.

So, I really don't think anything is much of a secret, and it's his role on the team, not the money, that will be having Fitz looking elsewhere to play.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Loyalty, you nailed it, with your opt out clause. Well I've heard that it's definite that Fitz will either stay.......................or leave. But must admit that I didn't get that from another team member.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Can't let him go. He helps keep the Cardinals relevant in the NFL. His commercials. He is the face of the franchise. Plus he gets a pass from everyone knowing our QB situation this year. If Palmer is back fully. Fitz still gets a 1000 yards and we have a shot at winning it all. Arians just stated last night he wants him back. And I think will use more. I'm sure he was frustrated how the season ended. Arizona knows he is a great representative and can survive the cap hit.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I know not many will have reason to believe me but heard tonight from someone on the inside...

Fitz not a fan of his position on the team and will be looking to leave in the coming weeks/month

something could change but thats what i heard from a reliable source.
I think your lying your ass off. It's Tuesday, they just cleaned out lockers yesterday, and they haven't even begun to sit down and talk. I doubt you know any NFL Players, especially anyone dumb enough to comment on another Player's situation. I think you just want attention and you don't have anything good enough to post so you go with this gamble prediction thing that is as thin as the biodegradable toilet paper that never really made it.

You can't even use Caps or punctuation correctly, but we are supposed to believe some drunk post put up on a late Monday night? I don't believe Keim and Fitz's agent have even started negotiations yet. I think you may have just been reading the numerous articles, or Larry's dad's twitter account, or maybe perhaps you just came with all of this on your own.

Completely bogus post and thread. There is no source, and nothing has been decided yet. I think your just hoping Fitz isn't here, and I think you lack attention at home, in your parent's basement.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
also believe this is why the media close to the team keep saying that he isn't happy with his role.

believe fitz has put off this feeling to those close besides my source.
Yup, your source is the media (and you can't even quote them correctly), and your prediction is garbage.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

:biglaugh:
I hope you get banned for all your lies, you tried to leave yourself all these outs, just laughable...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Can't let him go. He helps keep the Cardinals relevant in the NFL. His commercials. He is the face of the franchise. Plus he gets a pass from everyone knowing our QB situation this year. If Palmer is back fully. Fitz still gets a 1000 yards and we have a shot at winning it all. Arians just stated last night he wants him back. And I think will use more. I'm sure he was frustrated how the season ended. Arizona knows he is a great representative and can survive the cap hit.

Fitz didn't have 1000 yards last year with a healthy Palmer for 16 games. :shrug:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Didn't seem to stop Reggie Wayne from getting 1000 yards with a rookie QB in the same situation. :shrug:
Your arms are going to get tired, lol. Wayne has nothing to do with Fitz, two completely different situations, am I supposed to go find a good receiver that didn't get 1000 yards with a new system and pieces? I think I'd rather finish this here coffee and discuss the relevant things in life. :D

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Your arms are going to get tired, lol. Wayne has nothing to do with Fitz, two completely different situations, am I supposed to go find a good receiver that didn't get 1000 yards with a new system and pieces? I think I'd rather finish this here coffee and discuss the relevant things in life. :D

How so? Wayne had the same offensive coordinator, the same change in traditional role--he was just much, much more productive.

If you don't want to substantiate your argument, don't make it. Enjoy your coffee.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How so? Wayne had the same offensive coordinator, the same change in traditional role--he was just much, much more productive.

If you don't want to substantiate your argument, don't make it. Enjoy your coffee.
I'll indulge you with one other stat since you hold them so dear amigo, how many more targets did Wayne get? ;) BA calls the plays, Palmer throws the ball, Larry catches whatever comes his way, or are you suggesting he has bad hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.