Name every available FA qb you can think of. Anyone > Lindley.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No offense fellas, but I think that I will trust Bruce Arians on this one. You guys have fun making your lists of Greg McElroy and Josh Freeman though. And this season has been so amazing and almost ridiculous, maybe the guy we cut in the summer will actually win some games as the Starting QB.

honestly watching his throws tonight it was like watching lindley 2 years a go,no progress,0 accuracy,he played few matches but he couldnt make a touchdown pass,even tonite had a good chance to make a td pass to brown be his lack of accuracy caused almost a pick
i think arians doesnt want to quit now,he has to figure out something,the story about someone knowing the sistem i dont get it,with lindley we cant move the ball,i prefer putting someone with limited plays but with experience of winning

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
honestly watching throw tonight it was like watching lindley 2 years a go,no progress,0 accuracy,he played few matches but he couldnt make a touchdown pass,even tonite had a good chance to make a td pass to brown be his lack of accuracy caused almost a pick
i think arians doesnt want to quit now,he has to figure out something,the story about someone knowing the sistem i dont get it,with lindley we cant move the ball,i prefer putting someone with limited plays but with experience of winning

This

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
For all you worried about using a 3rd string QB, Cardale Jones and Ohio State say hello.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I almost included him here, as he was pretty solid up in Calgary....

I wonder if he's put on 20 pounds in the last couple weeks. But yeah, it's someone coming off a championship. Crompton did a decent job subbing in and turning around a 1-7 team this year as well.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let's not forget how long it took CP to pick up this offense last year. Unfortunately, BA will limit his choices to QB's that have some knowledge of his system. Lindley certainly is not much of an option, but I can't imagine he saw too many reps coming into this game. With a long week before Seattle, BA will have to do his best to prep Lindley. What else can they realistically do? Kudos to the entire Cardinal organization!!! This team has the heart of a giant. It's not pretty, but they deserve the upmost respect from not only us Cardinal fans, but the entire football world. No matter the outcome, this is truly a magical season.

OP
OP
E

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Going with Lindley is basically waving a white flag. It doesn't help much for a guy to know the system when he literally misses receivers by 5 yards on most of his throws.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Even if we did bring in someone else, what are the NFL rules about players that qualify for the playoffs? Do they have anything like the NBA, where if you're not on a roster by a certain date you can't participate?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's not forget how long it took CP to pick up this offense last year. Unfortunately, BA will limit his choices to QB's that have some knowledge of his system. Lindley certainly is not much of an option, but I can't imagine he saw too many reps coming into this game. With a long week before Seattle, BA will have to do his best to prep Lindley. What else can they realistically do? Kudos to the entire Cardinal organization!!! This team has the heart of a giant. It's not pretty, but they deserve the upmost respect from not only us Cardinal fans, but the entire football world. No matter the outcome, this is truly a magical season.

Yeah, this is really the only option.

They have time to do what Arians has said over and over about coaching players: "Don't ask them to do what they can't. Find what they can do and ask them to do that. Fit the system to the players."

Look, there is not a team in the world that isn't screwed when they get to 3rd string QB. The Texans managed to win a playoff game with TJ Yates awhile back, that's about it for 3rd string QBs winning playoff game. And, anyone signed off the street is still firmly 3rd string here at best.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Available QB's

In the event that Stanton is done, I have every confidence in Ryan Lindley that he'll make it ever apparent over the next two weeks that we can't beat anyone with him under center. If we have have to bring someone in, who is out there? I really don't know so feel free to add this putrid list.

- Kurt Warner (pipe dream, I know)
- Brett Farve
- David Garrard
- Jon Kitna
- Josh Freeman
- Brady Quinn
- Kevin Kolb
- Rex Grossman
- Jimmy Clausen
- Vince Young

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cardsfanmd I think I take almost anyone on your list and feel better about them than lindley? Kitna, freeman, kolb, young I would be happy with. I think Warner and farve and huge pipe dreams! Wonder if Vince young is in any sort of playing shape???

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the event that Stanton is done, I have every confidence in Ryan Lindley that he'll make it ever apparent over the next two weeks that we can't beat anyone with him under center. If we have have to bring someone in, who is out there? I really don't know so feel free to add this putrid list.

- Kurt Warner (pipe dream, I know)
- Brett Farve
- David Garrard
- Jon Kitna
- Josh Freeman
- Brady Quinn
- Kevin Kolb
- Rex Grossman
- Jimmy Clausen
- Vince Young

I heard SK called Kolb right after the game, but when Kevin answered he got another concussion and is out for the season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard SK called Kolb right after the game, but when Kevin answered he got another concussion and is out for the season.

I think when he hung up the phone, he fractured Thomas Jones hand too?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
honestly watching his throws tonight it was like watching lindley 2 years a go,no progress,0 accuracy,he played few matches but he couldnt make a touchdown pass,even tonite had a good chance to make a td pass to brown be his lack of accuracy caused almost a pick

To me it wasn't. for one thing he didn't just look at the first option and then if not open fire the ball into the ground. He was making reads. Now they were scary reads and he has the worst habit of being high on his misses, but he did get past his first read.

Against Seattle and SF yeah he's scary as the starter though.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
No offense fellas, but I think that I will trust Bruce Arians on this one. You guys have fun making your lists of Greg McElroy and Josh Freeman though. And this season has been so amazing and almost ridiculous, maybe the guy we cut in the summer will actually win some games as the Starting QB.

Could not agree more. This is insanity if anyone thinks the team could just sign someone off the street and tell him to get behind center and win a couple of ball games. Just plain insanity. If Stanton is done it will be Lindley sink or swim. I for one will also trust Bruce Arians and Tom Moore to be creative enough to find a way to make Lindley effective. If it is all passes 20 yds or less then so be it. Kanas City has been doing it all year with Alex Smith and they have won a fair share of games.

Lindley leading the Cardinals to a Lombardi trophy would be the perfect storybook ending to a year like the Cardinals have been having.

With this team anything is possible and I haven't' touched the Koolaid.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could not agree more. This is insanity if anyone thinks the team could just sign someone off the street and tell him to get behind center and win a couple of ball games. Just plain insanity. If Stanton is done it will be Lindley sink or swim. I for one will also trust Bruce Arians and Tom Moore to be creative enough to find a way to make Lindley effective. If it is all passes 20 yds or less then so be it. Kanas City has been doing it all year with Alex Smith and they have won a fair share of games.

Lindley leading the Cardinals to a Lombardi trophy would be the perfect storybook ending to a year like the Cardinals have been having.

With this team anything is possible and I haven't' touched the Koolaid.

I believe it is even more insane to believe Ryan Lindley will lead us anywhere.

The guy is horrendous.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
just went and pulled up this 2012 article....yea, we should bring in someone else

BQBL: A Running Diary of the Jets-Cardinals Quarterback Failure Clinic
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/b...he-jets-cardinals-quarterback-failure-clinic/
Ladies and gentlemen, this year’s BQBL Bowl is over. It wasn’t the BQBL points scored in the Jets-Cardinals game that made it special. There’s no way to appropriately quantify this brand of failure, no stat that captures how terrified each quarterback was, and no metric for embarrassment to measure what happened in New Jersey on Sunday. There is just the film. Let’s go to the tape.....

OP
OP
E

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I mean I am all for the rah-rah "I trust Arians!" stuff to a point, but Ryan Lindley will struggle to complete 40% of his passes in the best of all scenarios.

Saying "We can win the SB with Drew Stanton," I bought in. You can see elsewhere I wrote a long post defending Stanton and our odds with him in the playoffs. But Lindley is just not accurate, period, full stop. It would be a miracle if we could get a first down with him under center let alone score points or win a game.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I believe it is even more insane to believe Ryan Lindley will lead us anywhere.

The guy is horrendous.

You miss understood my quote. I said it would be a perfect storybook ending if Lindley took the team to the Super bowl and won.

BA and his coaches have been working miracles for some time now this season so I find it reasonable they can work one more. Lindley did complete the most important pass of the night, the first down pass to Brown so the Cardinals could continue to run the clock to almost zero. I could care lees if he completes 40% as long as he connects with the important passes.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I was never completely sold on Stanton and the offense has struggled to score TD's. Even with great defensive play how far can we get kicking field goals and failing to score TD's in the Red Zone...in the playoffs??

I can think of only one team doing something similar (Ravens). That isn't likely to happen again with today's prolific passers that you can get away with a Dilfer like QB in response to other teams scoring. Besides anybody think Lindley is better than Dilfer?

This team will not get it done with Lindley. PERIOD.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow. This situation is scary when you think all of us are praying that Drew Stanton is ok. alot of us here thought Stanton is not very good but now we need him!!! Maybe he is faking to get the public to praise him when he comes back. Lol

On another note....what are the odds. I know there is atleast 1 here who is a buckeye fan. I went to OSU and what are the odds my 2 favorite teams are down to their 3rd string QB and yet both!!!!! Are in the playoffs with a chance to win it all!! Unreal to lose 4 QBs. But you see the hits running QBs get and yet we lose 2 to basic sacks. . I think we need to sign someone. But i also think Arians thinks he can win the Thomas. It just wasn't the time to put him in. With that much pressure just to hold on. Would have ruined his confidence if he threw and int to lost the game. Lindey was expendable

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave