Superbowl Insurance Policy- QB Charlie Batch!

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
I saw several tweets discussing the idea of Cardinals bringing in an "Arians system" veteran QB Charlie Batch. At first I was like 'no way' but the more I think about it I really like the idea. This Cardinals team is very special and is playoff bound (with possibly home field advantage) which is very hard to ever get. QB Drew Stanton can definitely lead the Cardinals to a Superbowl win. But should Drew miss any time at all with injuries, this team is doomed with PS QB Ryan Lindley and project QB Logan Thomas. So having a veteran like QB Charlie Batch who could provide a spot start and manage a playoff type game atmosphere would be essential "Insurance Policy" for the Cardinals- imo.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree we need someone better than Lindley hopefully BASK is still looking, Lindley was probably a short term answer until they find someone better...

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ya'll are hating on Lindley for his performance under Whiz. But beyond that, if we get down to Lindley, or anyone comparable, we're toast.

Ya'll really think we're winning anything with a 3rd string QB? Honestly? Maybe if he has to spell an injury for a game or half a game, but beyond that it's irrelevant.

We're going to be lucky to win anything of meaning with our 2nd string. Our 3rd string is irrelevant when it comes to winning games. Totally irrelevant.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was one of those asking about bringing in Batch. He doesn't have a strong arm, but knows the system and is a vet that can manage a team. The question is what kind of mental and physical shape is he in?

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't get all the super bowl talk as the cardinals still have 7 very tough games left and have not even made the playoffs yet.

Reaction score
I don't get all the super bowl talk as the cardinals still have 7 very tough games left and have not even made the playoffs yet.
First off, I strongly agree with the above!

Secondly, Batch will be 40 years old in less than a month, and hasn't played football in two years.

So yeah, the heck with Batch, call Montana! :cool:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we are going to bring in old guys, offer Kurt Warner a crap load of money and see if you can't entice him back for one more try at a SB win. Unfinished business and all?

Bobcat

Reaction score
How old is this Guy

Hell let's bring back Jake he is younger than Batch isn't He...??? I would rather Gamble on binging in TiM TEABOW as a TIGHT END. TIGHT END. Tell him that you had a vision, end the he was a natural tight end.

I do not know of any good Qb'b that are available now. Unless you can trade for one.

Bobcat :(

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has been out of football since 2012

Its not like you can just throw on some pads in the middle of the season and perform after being out for two years, especially if you weren't planning on playing.

Sheesh.

OP
OP
AZCardsWin

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
I was one of those asking about bringing in Batch. He doesn't have a strong arm, but knows the system and is a vet that can manage a team. The question is what kind of mental and physical shape is he in?

I think today's game showed us that if Stanton struggles or goes down- having an experienced veteran QB is important to get the team through a game or two. Batch is an interesting Arians system QB with big game experience.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What is he doing right not though? Bagging groceries? Has he kept in shape the last 2 years or just has given up on the NFL and moved on with his life?

OP
OP
AZCardsWin

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
Agree we need someone better than Lindley hopefully BASK is still looking, Lindley was probably a short term answer until they find someone better...

Stanton/Lindley/Thomas - Ugh! Why not bring a veteran QB (with game management experience) to push Stanton?? It makes no sense having two inexperienced QBs backing him up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA