Every game is a must win from here on...

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
1. Seattle is not the team they were last year. They have now lost twice at home in their last 7 games. Desperation can add pressure and force mistakes. Also the only thing a loss would do is end their aspirations of winning the divivsion.
2. It will rain on both sides of the field.
3. Fans didn't effect us in last years victory, and Arizona fans have now caused the most false starts.
4. Due for an off week? I honestly believe we haven't played to our potential yet.
5. Seattle has their share of injuries as well.
6. All things are lined up? Have you noticed they have lost 4 games this year? Why are "things lined up"? They are 3-3 in their last 6 and barely neat the Panthers and Raiders.
7. Turn it around. Let's say the Seahawks were 9-1 and we were 6-4. Would you be buying into the Seahawks by now? Yes , because that's what we are used to seeing.

The tides have shifted my friend. The king is dead (almost) and we have a hammer and nail in our hands with an opportunity to all but hang up the West Division Champs sign up.
If our motivation doesn't match their desperation then I don't know what does!

It still may take some of us a while to believe. Look at the standings, Look at the record. Look at who we have defeated and maybe more importantly, look at when we defeated them, They were all said to be the best in the conference at that point.

Our new mantra...NEXT!

You must be registered for see images attach

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We need to win Game is for a different reason. Home-field advantage. We won't win at Lambeau with a backup QB

I dunno. Would you rather give Rodgers perfect conditions or freezing and windy temps? IIRC he's lost two playoff games at Lambeau...

AZ Native

Reaction score
I dunno. Would you rather give Rodgers perfect conditions or freezing and windy temps? IIRC he's lost two playoff games at Lambeau...

Good point. I still have memory of Rodgers tearing it up here in his very first playoff game. Yeah, we won but he and Warner put on quite a show. He has a lot more experience now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd rather give us the homefield advantage over anything at this point. This team, it's fans and Arians won't let them lose at home.

AZ Native

Reaction score
I'd rather give us the homefield advantage over anything at this point. This team, it's fans and Arians won't let them lose at home.

I totally agree with this but not so much with the "we won't win at Lambeau" sentiment.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with this but not so much with the "we won't win at Lambeau" sentiment.

did I say "won't"? if I did that's a mistake. I just think it will be REALLY tough to do that. Tomorrow will be a great test to see if we can go into a super hostile environment and get a W. That's the one thing we've yet to do this season (I don't really count Dallas as hostile, especially facing an awful backup QB. Still a solid, don't get me wrong. but nothing on the level of going into Seattle or GB).

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
did I say "won't"? if I did that's a mistake. I just think it will be REALLY tough to do that. Tomorrow will be a great test to see if we can go into a super hostile environment and get a W. That's the one thing we've yet to do this season (I don't really count Dallas as hostile, especially facing an awful backup QB. Still a solid, don't get me wrong. but nothing on the level of going into Seattle or GB).

I think we had a punchers chance against Denver till Stanton got hurt but if it comes down to going to Green Bay, at least the Packer's defense is not as good as Denver's in my opinion

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we had a punchers chance against Denver till Stanton got hurt but if it comes down to going to Green Bay, at least the Packer's defense is not as good as Denver's in my opinion

true.

honestly, if we had Palmer, I'd give us a good chance, against anyone, anywhere. But with Stanton, I think we're gonna need that extra little kick our homefield gives us to beat a hot packers team.

AZ Native

Reaction score

My bad, you did not say that. I was referring to a prior post by someone else. Just saying that I agreed with your statement but not the other one so much.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't think this team will think that under any circumstance. After the Denver blowout, the rest of the football world suspected that the wheels finally came off, but instead this team won 6 in a row(so far). If we lose Sunday, there will be no shame in it. There is no unbeatable team left on our schedule. KC just lost to the Raiders. Seattle lost to St. Louis. We've already beaten SF and they lost to the Rams at home. And as was said, our house is a tough place to play. We're 6-0 so far at home for a reason.

Well said.

Go cards!!!

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've been expecting us to lose a lot of games already. I mean, really, the Chargers when Rivers was still healthy, the Giants on the road at an early game, SF with a backup QB, the Eagles when everyone said they were the class of the NFC, the Cowboys when everyone said THEY were the class of the NFC minus Romo or not, the Lions when everyone said now THEY were the class of the NFC, the Rams when they were hot.

See a pattern? Everyone is a badass in the media until they play us. Then suddenly they aren't. Suddenly those teams aren't as good as the media thought. It's never that we're better than they thought, it's that those other NFC class teams aren't as good.

I fully expect us to win this game. That's what BA has done to me. When he said in an interview they're the champs and we haven't done ****, I said yes! He will have our team ready to play.

Seattle has no weapons at WR. If you thought we stacked a box before and asked Cro and PP to play man before now, just wait. We're going to get after them and I expect Buchanon to have a huge day.

We're going to win this game and bury these chumps. I fully expect us to win out. I predicted 14-2 before the year started, now I think 15-1 is possible.

(edit: I should add, all the motivational stuff about Seattle needing to win is nothing compared to our team. We missed the playoffs by one game last year. BA can point to any single game we lost last year and say they're all important and it will be true)

Same here. Well said.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seattle has no weapons at WR
. If you thought we stacked a box before and asked Cro and PP to play man before now, just wait. We're going to get after them and I expect Buchanon to have a huge day.

Just reported on NFL channel that the hags are desperate at WR and are looking to maybe play Sherman there for a few plays..... Just a rumor,

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I just realized why this thread bothers me so much. Its the title. We have a 2 game lead in the NFC which means right away that even if we lost 1 game we still have home field throughout the playoffs.

Further, we have tie breakers with every team behind us except for the packers who still have to play the division leading falcons (hahaha) but seriously they DO have to play the pats and the lions (they already lost to the lions once) Which means that even losing 2 games likely wont affect our playoff position.

Must win games are just that. Games you HAVE to win. If we win the next 5 the team doesnt even habe to make the trip to sf. We could just send a card:

"Sorry we couldn't make the game. We are busy tidying up our house for the playoffs. But to help ease the pain enjoy this lovely victory bouquet and the win.

-The Arizona Cardinals"

After we lose one and maybe 2 get back to me. Until then I am going to put my fandom on auto pilot and just enjoy the ride. After all, why stress about possible losses that won't matter?

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bad, you did not say that. I was referring to a prior post by someone else. Just saying that I agreed with your statement but not the other one so much.

no worries. didn't take offense to it and thought i might have said it anyway.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
i've been expecting us to lose a lot of games already. I mean, really, the chargers when rivers was still healthy, the giants on the road at an early game, sf with a backup qb, the eagles when everyone said they were the class of the nfc, the cowboys when everyone said they were the class of the nfc minus romo or not, the lions when everyone said now they were the class of the nfc, the rams when they were hot.

See a pattern? Everyone is a badass in the media until they play us. Then suddenly they aren't. Suddenly those teams aren't as good as the media thought. It's never that we're better than they thought, it's that those other nfc class teams aren't as good.

I fully expect us to win this game. That's what ba has done to me. When he said in an interview they're the champs and we haven't done ****, i said yes! He will have our team ready to play.

Seattle has no weapons at wr. If you thought we stacked a box before and asked cro and pp to play man before now, just wait. We're going to get after them and i expect buchanon to have a huge day.

We're going to win this game and bury these chumps. I fully expect us to win out. I predicted 14-2 before the year started, now i think 15-1 is possible.

(edit: I should add, all the motivational stuff about seattle needing to win is nothing compared to our team. We missed the playoffs by one game last year. Ba can point to any single game we lost last year and say they're all important and it will be true)

this...great post!!!!!!!!!!

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good point. I still have memory of Rodgers tearing it up here in his very first playoff game. Yeah, we won but he and Warner put on quite a show. He has a lot more experience now.

Probably the best offensive game I have ever watched.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
My feeling is that we are due for a good ass kicking one of these games. This week's game is set up to possibly be that game, although I'm not sure that the Seahawks' offense is up to a blowout of anyone in our division.

I am not expecting a win this week though. Everything is lined up against us.
1. Seattle is at home and desperate for a win. A loss would end their season for all intensive purposes.
2. The weather is going to be horrendous, cold and wet both.
3. The Seattle fans are the loudest.
4. We are do for an off week, considering we are far from a perfect team in any sense.
5. Nagging injuries are bound to take a toll eventually.
6. All things are lined up for a Seattle win.
7. If we can somehow win this game, I will buy into, for the first time, that this really is our year and that we can beat anyone anywhere.

A dose of reality?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson