Would you trade for Eli Manning?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's certainly debatable. Manning has been more durable, played 18 more games, and has 18 more wins (with the same number of losses), but statistically, Palmer is better in virtually every single category:
Palmer: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PalmCa00.htm
Manning: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannEl00.htm

Completion %: 62.6 vs. 58.7
TD:Int ratio: 1.45:1 vs. 1.36:1
Yds/Att: 7.2 vs. 7.0
Yds/Game: 246 vs. 232
Passer rating: 86.3 vs. 81.5

Yep, can't take away Eli's amazing playoff performances. But do his 2 rings mean that mean Eli is better than Payton? Of course not.

Eli's completion percentage is mediocre at best - 61.2% this year and below 60% in 6 of Manning's 11 years. Palmer's only dipped below 60% once in 11 years - in his injury-shortened 4-game 2008 season.

And based on passer rating, Eli's last few years have been WAY below his peak. 2013 was one of the worst seasons i've ever seen from a QB, and while he's been better in 2014, his 61.2% completion percentage, 18:11 TD:int ratio, and 6.8 yds/attempt are all pretty lame.

Palmer, on the other hand, was performing above his career averages in every one of the above categories since arriving in Arizona.

I think, over his career, Eli has generally been surrounded by a LOT more talent than Palmer.

Can't argue with Eli's playoff success and Super Bowl rings, but i would take a healthy Palmer every time over Eli.

...dbs

All this plus I have trouble with my QB having such a Dopey look on his face all the time, so no to Eli.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Erm... Not for nothing, but this sounds like the Carson Palmer description before he came here, except that Eli's won some Lombardis.

The cost is an issue.

Or another former Giants QB who seemed to do OK here...(hint, not Kent Graham)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave