LaGarrette Blount released - Patriots sign him

AzFan13

Reaction score
Only someone who's never been in a fight would call this a sucker punch. The guy rolled up, talking smack, invaded Blount's bubble and then was dumb enough to immediately look away. Blount may or may not be a degenerate and punching the kid was obviously wrong but in no way is that a sucker punch.

If someone did that to most anyone on the street he would have got smacked. Blount should have held back do to it being on the football filed. But sucker punch it was not. Just look at the video and keep in mind the game was over with players walking off the filed. Boise punk thought he would start some **** and got punk smacked for it. After a big win you don't track down what you would think was already a pissed off player and start ****. Boise player IMO was the bigger jerk.

As to the rest? Locker room IMO still worth a look. After thinking about it some more today the weed bust with our team will most likely keep the organization from even thinking about it.

Not a sucker punch.

AzFan13

Reaction score
He is a hard core druggie and a locker room cancer. BA, Keim, and Bidwill all will not waste a second here and neither should we.

Hard core druggie? Every election now some state passes personal weed use. As for the NFL it's not a good thing and IMO you're right we will pass one him. But hard core druggie? Please half if not more NFL players smoke that junk.

AzFan13

Reaction score
Watch the Patriots pick him up and he goes on a late-season tear again.

Or Seattle? Word is out Lynch is not happy and nether is Pet. My Money is on Seattle. If he works out pet will dump Lynch and his cap hit next year. Pet works with players like him. We will see.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As to the rest? Locker room IMO still worth a look. After thinking about it some more today the weed bust with our team will most likely keep the organization from even thinking about it.

He would cost $300k for the rest of the season and would not be a DWash level risk. If the guy is pissed he isn't getting carries, we can give him some carries and hopefully watch him run with something to prove. After the Superbowl we let him walk and find some good citizen RB complements for Ellington in the off season. We don't get there with Andre alone in the back field. BASK is not afraid of some edgy dudes i.e. Keiser

AzFan13

Reaction score
He would cost $300k for the rest of the season and would not be a DWash level risk. If the guy is pissed he isn't getting carries, we can give him some carries and hopefully watch him run with something to prove. After the Superbowl we let him walk and find some good citizen RB complements for Ellington in the off season. We don't get there with Andre alone in the back field. BASK is not afraid of some edgy dudes i.e. Keiser

I'm with you. I just don't know if the organization will give it a go. I would at lest talk to the guy. Play action with Stanton's deep ball to Smokey the rest of the way would be nice.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm with you. I just don't know if the organization will give it a go. I would at lest talk to the guy. Play action with Stanton's deep ball to Smokey the rest of the way would be nice.
BA knows enough guys in Pittsburgh to find out if he could work here. I think just as troubled guys work out under Belichick they could work under BA. If he brings him in I am in support. If he doesn't then I trust his decision there too.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

He's a lot less of a risk than the wife beating ex Steeler the team signed to the PS earlier this season. Cards need to get LB or BT STAT!

AzFan13

Reaction score
Looks like NE want's him back on a two year deal. I guess he was not so bad in their looker room.

I guess I can't post a link yet?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is a hard core druggie and a locker room cancer. BA, Keim, and Bidwill all will not waste a second here and neither should we.

lmao hard core druggie

Ive only heard reports of him smoking marijuana.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like NE want's him back on a two year deal. I guess he was not so bad in their looker room.

I guess I can't post a link yet?

you have to reach a certain amount of posts, I think it is 15 or 25. You'll get there quickly. Thanks for coming aboard.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to sirius radio this morning the Cards put in a claim on Ben Tate, too bad the Peterson suspension killed us :mad:

Colts claimed him as well.

And I am not so sure Stanton is playing any worse than any NFC QB not named Rodgers. Especially in AZ v the AZ Def.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
reading quotes from members of the Steelers post Blount release: they werent shy about noting it was a good thing.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Colts claimed him as well.

And I am not so sure Stanton is playing any worse than any NFC QB not named Rodgers. Especially in AZ v the AZ Def.

Which says a whole lot about how bad the QB play in the NFC has been this year.

I still don't think Stanton is in Carson's stratosphere throwing the rock & The next 6 games are gonna tell us how good Stanton really is. He's good & I like what he's doing, but let's be honest...the Cards Super Bowl chances ride on his right arm & how well or bad he plays. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA