I Think We Can Beat Anyone

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now, with the way they are playing, I don't think we can beat Green Bay or New England. They are blowing away good teams; we are playing close games against everybody and escaping. Perhaps Denver as well, however they are not as good now as when we played them earlier in the season.

Yeah, and there is plenty of time for either GB or NE to cool off too. No one wins the big prizes playing the best of their game before Thanksgiving. What matters is who is hot at the end of the season and in the playoffs.

Does no one remember the "Worst Playoff Team in History", the 2008 Cardinals as exhibit A for evidence of my point for THIS fanbase?

Plenty of plot twists are coming for this season, and no one knows what the hell exactly will happen, or who will finish where, who will beat who, right now.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, and there is plenty of time for either GB or NE to cool off too. No one wins the big prizes playing the best of their game before Thanksgiving. What matters is who is hot at the end of the season and in the playoffs.
Exactly, a month ago it was the Saints winning big over GB and they were the team to get on a roll. Then it was Pitt.. Now it's GB. GB is better than the other two by far, but the thing that is a big stat for GB right now? They're converting 33% of all drives into TDs. 33%!!!! Tops in the NFL.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I mean seriously what does the national media want from the Cardinals? On that note; what do all you haters on here want from this team?

Let's review since people like stats so much:

The national media and many on this board have said that the following opponents were, at the time we played them the BEST team in either the NFL or the NFC at the very least. They were either considered the BEST team in the NFL/NFC by many or had the 2nd best record in the NFC when we played them.

Week 3: 9ers - CARDS WIN
Week 8: Eagles - CARDS WIN
Week 9: Cowboys (Not just the best team in the NFL, the GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME according to Jaws) - CARDS WIN
Week 11: Lions - CARDS WIN

All we do is beat the #1 contenders for the best record in the NFC/NFL, and every week all the media does (and even some fans) is find reasons to crown someone other than the Cardinals and declares that for various reasons we CANT win.

Now Green Bay is the best in the NFC and we CANT beat them? Are you kidding me? Wow, just wow... What does this team have to do to earn respect? Seriously, tell me. Because the only stat that matters in the NFL is WINS, and all this team has done all year is WIN except for one game IN Denver with our 3rd string rookie QB for half the game. Tell me what you want from this team for you to quit bitching and start respecting and believing in them, do you need them to win pretty? You need them to rack up 80 points a game for them to be legit? Winning isn't good enough? Beyond asinine...

Last edited:

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Right now, with the way they are playing, I don't think we can beat Green Bay or New England. They are blowing away good teams; we are playing close games against everybody and escaping. Perhaps Denver as well, however they are not as good now as when we played them earlier in the season.

Exactly. We aren't the best team in the NFL even though we have the best record.

The Drew Stanton led Cardinals simply are not the best. Yes, 9-1 is way more than anyone expected, but at some point reality and injuries will kick in. Unless Jordy Nelson goes down to injury or Gronk goes down to injury it should be a GB/Pats Superbowl.

For me, this season is just a fun ride and next year we make the run. Let the off-season and FA plug in the few remaining holes and become a dominant win-every-week team.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Exactly. We aren't the best team in the NFL even though we have the best record.

The Drew Stanton led Cardinals simply are not the best. Yes, 9-1 is way more than anyone expected, but at some point reality and injuries will kick in. Unless Jordy Nelson goes down to injury or Gronk goes down to injury it should be a GB/Pats Superbowl.

For me, this season is just a fun ride and next year we make the run. Let the off-season and FA plug in the few remaining holes and become a dominant win-every-week team.
I'm still thinking we are getting better each week. It seems to me like we play to the level of our opponent, granted, and then we beat our opponent by any means but that's just me. I don't need 20 point wins, I'd rather have the better record, and it isn't like we had a cream puff schedule so what ever. All those teams that win by so much have lost more games than we have. BA seems to think the games are divided into 2 halves. I would love to dominate, but I will not discriminate a win, and I think we dominate more than we get credit for. We've done all this while rotating QBs btw. We can beat anybody anywhere, that includes the Pats, the Packers, I just want to play the Broncos again.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Does no one remember the "Worst Playoff Team in History", the 2008 Cardinals as exhibit A for evidence of my point for THIS fanbase?

Plenty of plot twists are coming for this season, and no one knows what the hell exactly will happen, or who will finish where, who will beat who, right now.

I'm still waiting for some jackass media douche to call the cards the worst 9-1 team ever...

BTW, I wonder if MEshawn Johnson still thinks, "The Cardinals are cute."

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Sure we are. Game #16 because Logan Thomas is going to start at QB. That game is going to resemble the GB game at the end of 2009.

Wouldn't it be something if he completed 65% of his passes with 3 TDs and no picks on his way to routing the 49ers on the road?

Bruce Arians would be all like--"what? You seriously questioning me? We drafted Thomas for a reason"

(note this is all fantasy)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
All I have to say is Bo Jackson and everyone who ever played this game will know what I'm talking about.

Dude was fast on that game. I always ran like 300 yrds with him. :D