Palmer Extends Contract

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
Sounds like a big portion will be paid next year and it's only guaranteed through next year as well. Good deal.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Cardinals QB Carson Palmer gets $50M over the course of his three-year extension, source says.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Figured it'd be in the neighborhood of 16 mil/year. Less guaranteed dollars than I thought, and the contract basically has a clean escape after 2015.

Fair market extension, IMO.

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Rod Graves is still trying to figure out a way to get Kurt Warner to take his calls on his "visit" to San Fran.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 10m10 minutes ago
Carson Palmer’s extension has $20.5 million in guaranteed money thru '15. No guarantees for ’16 & ’17. Average salary range 15.9-16.6 mil

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know a lot will change between now and 2015, but...

Larry Fitzgerald - $23,600,000
Carson Palmer - $20,500,000
Patrick Peterson - $14,791,200
Calais Campbell - $14,750,000

Four players, as of now, eating up roughly 50% of the cap. Obviously Fitz is the biggest question mark.

Wow.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I know a lot will change between now and 2015, but...

Larry Fitzgerald - $23,600,000
Carson Palmer - $20,500,000
Patrick Peterson - $14,791,200
Calais Campbell - $14,750,000

Four players, as of now, eating up roughly 50% of the cap. Obviously Fitz is the biggest question mark.

Wow.

All teams have this dilemma with their star players if they have any thought of being considered a contender because elite players come with a price and any QB that is just starter material with cost you money in a QB depleted league, with the Fitzgerald situation being the only exception courtesy of Rod Graves. Great job by the front office under Keim!

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a good move as it solves a major problem at least for the next couple of years. And considering that there aren't going to be any viable alternatives next season, this makes this a great move.

frankeegee1

All Star
Reaction score
Don't they still have some kind of special financial advisor/guru still on the payroll? I would think he would be doing the money crunching for them. But, no matter. I like their signings

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is really good news. It all starts with having a quality qb and Carson has proved to be one. A perfect fit for BA's offense.

CoachKlein

Rookie
Reaction score
I really love this! Happy to keep Palmer for a few more years.. The two big questions are how in the world are we gonna get Larry to stay and if this is going to ruin the mojo the team has right now?? Maybe in a good or bad way? Or just nothing at all...

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really love this! Happy to keep Palmer for a few more years.. The two big questions are how in the world are we gonna get Larry to stay and if this is going to ruin the mojo the team has right now?? Maybe in a good or bad way? Or just nothing at all...

Really curious as to what mindset Larry is going to have this offseason. Will he go to the highest bidder or is he going to do his best to get a ring. It's highly unlikely that he will be able to get both.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Really curious as to what mindset Larry is going to have this offseason. Will he go to the highest bidder or is he going to do his best to get a ring. It's highly unlikely that he will be able to get both.

Sure it is! Get a ring now, get paid later! ;)

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The market is not going to be that hot for Fitz. His big contract days are over. He won't have it as good as he has it here.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The market is not going to be that hot for Fitz. His big contract days are over. He won't have it as good as he has it here.

That's what they were saying on the radio today also: he can take a paycut and play here or take a paycut and play somewhere else.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I might be the only one here on the board that thinks this , but I truly believe that Larry is going to get the big ring come February . Then it will be interesting to see if he can overcome his pride and stay . Last off-season big contract guys like Revis , and Peppers took paycuts joining their new teams , I'm hoping that Larry takes one and stays a Cardinal .