Darnell Dockett trolls Raiders fans from the sideline

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
That was epic. Dealing with those douchefans all game has to be an ordeal. Love his little sign.

Dock has so much swag and is a cardinal in his veins. Love him.

Me to Dogg. That wouldn't fly in a lot of stadiums, but was nearly perfect for the black hole. The vitriol behind him in those stands must have bordered on going nuclear.

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
The Oakland fans were yelling at the cards players all game... truly the worst fans I've ever been around lol ... the fact that they have scaffolding with security guards in the tailgating lots blows my mind...

it felt like i was in prison the whole game.

A fan in front of me threw a peanut at the team and fans near me were harassing them they whole game and dockett was simply having some fun with it... Patrick Peterson also was holding up his hands saying 0-6 to them as well before this.

snowthedirtbub

Veteran
Reaction score
Found it hilarious. Found it odd the people think theres some unwritten role where players can't trash talk with the fans.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Found it hilarious. Found it odd the people think theres some unwritten role where players can't trash talk with the fans.

I never mentioned any "unwritten rule"... It's all a matter of tastes and perception. My view remains as I've stated here. You would never see guys like Brady, Manning, Montana, Walter Payton, Rice, Fitz, etc...stoop to this level.
My view is that "leaders" should remain above this type of juvenile provocation. It doesn't matter what the fans said or did. I can guarantee DD has heard it before - this wasn't the first time he's been heckled and it certainly won't be the last. All players receive their share of jabs and heckling... Often the attacks go way beyond normal ribbing. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like if every player took the approach Dockett took... He essentially fed the beasts..real leaders don't feed the beasts, they simply kick-ass and quietly get out of Dodge...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Remember when Randy Moss fake "mooned" the GB crowd? Wasn't he fined heavily for that? Is this any different, I wonder?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never mentioned any "unwritten rule"... It's all a matter of tastes and perception. My view remains as I've stated here. You would never see guys like Brady, Manning, Montana, Walter Payton, Rice, Fitz, etc...stoop to this level.
My view is that "leaders" should remain above this type of juvenile provocation. It doesn't matter what the fans said or did. I can guarantee DD has heard it before - this wasn't the first time he's been heckled and it certainly won't be the last. All players receive their share of jabs and heckling... Often the attacks go way beyond normal ribbing. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like if every player took the approach Dockett took... He essentially fed the beasts..real leaders don't feed the beasts, they simply kick-ass and quietly get out of Dodge...

"Leaders" come in all forms.

For every Tim Duncan there is a Reggie Miller.

You also named nothing but offensive NFL players. The guys on defense are a whole different animal. Lawrence Taylor, Warren Sapp, Ray Lewis. It's just a different mind set

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
"Leaders" come in all forms.

For every Tim Duncan there is a Reggie Miller.

You also named nothing but offensive NFL players. The guys on defense are a whole different animal. Lawrence Taylor, Warren Sapp, Ray Lewis. It's just a different mind set

Reggie Miller can never be confused as a leader.

And while I get that defensive guys are a different breed, I honestly don't recall any stories of Taylor, Sapp, or Lewis intentionally engaging the beasts...particularly when they weren't even playing.
Same for Reggie White, Howie Long, Brian Urlacher, Charles Woodson, Derrick Brooks, Troy Palomalu, Pat Tillman...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And while I get that defensive guys are a different breed, I honestly don't recall any stories of Taylor, Sapp, or Lewis intentionally engaging the beasts...particularly when they weren't even playing.
Same for Reggie White, Howie Long, Brian Urlacher, Charles Woodson, Derrick Brooks, Troy Palomalu, Pat Tillman...

Reggie Miller wasn't a leader? That's just dumb. That guy is a legit hall of famer. Hell he was even like the NBA man of the year or something like that. Led his team to multiple conference finals and even the finals was a gold medalist in 96 on dream team 2. But let me guess you think Rik Smits was the leader of those teams. Players have conversations with fans all the time. Larry Bird and Micheal Jordan, Charles Barkley used to do it all the time.

Like I said leaders come in all forms who are you to decide what a leader is.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah just stories of Taylor being coked out of his mind on game day and Ray Lewis with holding information about you know...a murder. But as long as they didn't trash talk the fans right.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Oakland fans were yelling at the cards players all game... truly the worst fans I've ever been around lol ... the fact that they have scaffolding with security guards in the tailgating lots blows my mind...

it felt like i was in prison the whole game.

A fan in front of me threw a peanut at the team and fans near me were harassing them they whole game and dockett was simply having some fun with it... Patrick Peterson also was holding up his hands saying 0-6 to them as well before this.

:notworthy:

Thanks for representing! I'm sure the team appreciated looking up and seeing Birdgang members in the stands. Good job.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Yeah just stories of Taylor being coked out of his mind on game day and Ray Lewis with holding information about you know...a murder. But as long as they didn't trash talk the fans right.

I have no clue how any of that applies to this situation...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Reggie Miller wasn't a leader? That's just dumb. That guy is a legit hall of famer. Hell he was even like the NBA man of the year or something like that. Led his team to multiple conference finals and even the finals was a gold medalist in 96 on dream team 2. But let me guess you think Rik Smits was the leader of those teams. Players have conversations with fans all the time. Larry Bird and Micheal Jordan, Charles Barkley used to do it all the time.

Like I said leaders come in all forms who are you to decide what a leader is.

There are loads of hall of famers that were never considered to be leaders... Reggie is one of them...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Raiders fans yell a ton of unprintable stuff and none of it has merit and it is done laced with profanity. Dockett just jested the truth with no use of vulgarity. Dockett may not be a role model off the field for some, but a leader on a football team he is without a doubt and Arians knows so too by his desire to have him there on the sidelines

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are loads of hall of famers that were never considered to be leaders... Reggie is one of them...

Says who? Not guys from those Pacer teams. Oh that's right some guy sitting behind a key board. Yeah Reggie Miller a hall of famer one of the most clutch players in the history of his sport and Darnell Docket a guy who had poured his heart and soul into this team for a decade and Future ring of honor lock are clearly not "leaders"

Let...it...go

Oh man pressure situation game on the line hey Dale Davis get ready it's coming to you big fella.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that it matters, but I loved Reggie Miller as a player and his commentary on NBA broadcasts is terrific.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey, Warren Sapp once flipped me off because I told him, as he was leaving the field, he was too fat and might have a heart attack someday.

And, I was trying to HELP the guy! :D

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey, Warren Sapp once flipped me off because I told him, as he was leaving the field, he was too fat and might have a heart attack someday.

This type of stuff happens all the time especially by the tunnels.

Sounds like your just concerned about his health to me :)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

You should've given him financial advice, instead.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose