The Judge

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks good. Nice to see RDJ stretch his legs a bit away from the blockbuster.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Judge

Release Date: October 9, 2014 (p.m. screenings)
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: David Dobkin
Screenwriter: Nick Schenk, Bill Dubuque
Genre: Comedy, Drama
MPAA Rating: R (for language including some sexual references)

Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Robert Duvall, Vera Farmiga, Vincent D'Onofrio, Jeremy Strong, Dax Shephard, Billy Bob Thornton, Ken Howard, Emma Tremblay, Balthazar Getty, David Krumholtz, Sarah Lancaster, Grace Zabriskie, Denis O'Hare

Plot Summary: In "The Judge," Downey stars as big city lawyer Hank Palmer, who returns to his childhood home where his estranged father, the town’s judge (Duvall), is suspected of murder. He sets out to discover the truth and along the way reconnects with the family he walked away from years before.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
script read like it was dipped in corn syrup and the trailers did nothing to make me think it would be anything otherwise.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
script read like it was dipped in corn syrup and the trailers did nothing to make me think it would be anything otherwise.

So really sweet but I should expect to gain much weight?

Last edited:

AZZenny

Reaction score
Trite beyond predictable plot/story; I thought the writing of it was decent for a Lifetime/Oprah movie -- oh, wait...

it was saved and made watchable by the actors - I have to say, although Duval is a long-time favorite and I love Downey, when Billy Bob Thornton is on the screen, I can't take my eyes off him. Damn, he's just getting better and better.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trite beyond predictable plot/story; I thought the writing of it was decent for a Lifetime/Oprah movie -- oh, wait...

it was saved and made watchable by the actors - I have to say, although Duval is a long-time favorite and I love Downey, when Billy Bob Thornton is on the screen, I can't take my eyes off him. Damn, he's just getting better and better.

I really like him too..... He can play characters well and he IS a real character. Gotta love him! :thumbup:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This was a fantastic movie. Yes, it had a plot hole in there, but one I could look past. I liked that it kept putting obvious tropes in front of you but then not going that direction. It was a tad long, but unlike in Gone Girl, I feel the movie earned the extra time.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a fantastic movie. Yes, it had a plot hole in there, but one I could look past. I liked that it kept putting obvious tropes in front of you but then not going that direction. It was a tad long, but unlike in Gone Girl, I feel the movie earned the extra time.

Ditto. :thumbup: