Whiz wins opener.......many more to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

machgman

Veteran
Reaction score
The Titans fans need to be patient. Whiz started 3-5 in AZ then went 28-18 including 4 playoff wins and an NFC Title. :D

Whiz took the Tiaptans job knowing he had no savior like Warner hanging around, but when the Chargers HC wants toy to move on by trying to sell you as a Hc for next season, you have to move on or they fire you.

BTW, Whiz said no to Detroit because the Lions put lots of restraints on him and he could be only the HC there and no other power such as personnel, etc. This all meanstthey really did not want him.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Additionally, I don't see Titans DC Ray Horton getting any interviews for HC after this season. Their defense is atrocious.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Max Hall can make bail then he may have a chance at a comeback!

John Skelton is still out there I think.

Rich Bartel might be healthy and ready.

Kevin Kolb on line 2 Coach!

Seems Rivers is doing just fine without the QB "guru" there. Methinks McCoy is more responsible for his resurgence than the dearly departed Coach Whisenhunt.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
3 of the 4 games have been on the road at KC, Cincy, and Indy. The fourth team is sitting at 3-1. I'd guess a lot of teams would be 1-3 at that point. Especially with a 1st year coach, backup QB play, shaky QB play overall, and a new staff/system.

Look at the Cards last year. They started 3 of 4 on the road against total crap, other than NO, and were 2-2.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 of the 4 games have been on the road at KC, Cincy, and Indy. The fourth team is sitting at 3-1. I'd guess a lot of teams would be 1-3 at that point. Especially with a 1st year coach, backup QB play, shaky QB play overall, and a new staff/system.

Look at the Cards last year. They started 3 of 4 on the road against total crap, other than NO, and were 2-2.

Plus they lost to Dallas at home who is showing to be a pretty good team. The schedule gets easier now with games against the Browns, Jaguars, Redskins and Texans before their bye. This will be the real test for them and Whiz.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Max Hall can make bail then he may have a chance at a comeback!

John Skelton is still out there I think.

Rich Bartel might be healthy and ready.

Kevin Kolb on line 2 Coach!

Seems Rivers is doing just fine without the QB "guru" there. Methinks McCoy is more responsible for his resurgence than the dearly departed Coach Whisenhunt.

Exactly. Same thing I said about our Superbowl run years. Had more to do with Warner/Haley then anything else. I laughed every time people said Whiz was the reason for Rivers resurgence last year. Rivers was already a top flight QB and just had a bad year or two under the old regime.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
3 of the 4 games have been on the road at KC, Cincy, and Indy. The fourth team is sitting at 3-1. I'd guess a lot of teams would be 1-3 at that point.

Problem is they haven't looked competitive the last 3 weeks. Plus they are being outplayed in every major statistical category and don't seem to have an area of strength they can exploit. Sure they should beat Jax and should be able to compete with Cleveland, but that's not much to get excited about.

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Whiz took the Tiaptans job knowing he had no savior like Warner hanging around, but when the Chargers HC wants toy to move on by trying to sell you as a Hc for next season, you have to move on or they fire you.

BTW, Whiz said no to Detroit because the Lions put lots of restraints on him and he could be only the HC there and no other power such as personnel, etc. This all meanstthey really did not want him.

What the hell is a "Tiaptan" and why did Whiz take its job?

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Well, they sure look like they know what they were doing by not giving him control of personnel. :D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
+1

Whiz's best years in the desert were with Denny Green's players.

Which begs the question. Why didn't Denny have any great years in the desert? Eating too many hot dogs? Fishing instead of game planning?

You gotta luv Cardinal football.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I cannot believe the Titans blew that game. Whiz gets more hate than deserved for his Cardinal tenure, he had some brilliant years. But his Titan era deserves some hate. He might not make it to year 2 the way they're playing.

I dont get why he turned down Detroit, that roster is made for him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huge blowouts and now an epic meltdown. Where's PA in the thread he started?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It's always smart to judge coach's 5 games into their job.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Phillip Rivers is the only reason that Whiz even got a 2nd HC job.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BA and Whiz are competing for most plays ran in shotgun formation, and total QB injuries per game. It's a pretty even competition. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose