Apple unveils iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OK, I remember when Android smart phones came out, I had friends who cracked their screens on their Androids by putting them in their front pockets and sitting down. My friends sister cracked her Galaxy S4 the same way. Apple should do what they can do shore up the case but I blame consumer demand for thinner, lighter, cheaper phones.

Consumers want flexible screens so they no longer shatter, they want thinner and lighter phones. They also want them to be affordable. Something has got to give.....literally.

Don't put your phone in your front pocket if your wearing jeans and sit down for goodness sake. Expect the worst if you do.

You expect people to remember to take their phone out of their pocket every time they sit down when wearing jeans?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You expect people to remember to take their phone out of their pocket every time they sit down when wearing jeans?

I never take my phone out when sitting, unless in my truck. I also have had a S3 with an big extended battery on it and never had issues with needing to take it out of my pocket when sitting either.

The major reason I like android over Apple is that you aren't restricted to use iTunes, battery size, memory size with droids like you are with apple. I can download music/movies on my computer, upload them to my phone like its was an other flashdrive/harddrive and be done with it. No need for iTunes to get in the way. Apple has to many restrictions that don't allow you to expend the phone the way you can with droids.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaggy, are you an owner and held to the standard that we attack the post and not the poster? Seems you have failed. You are banned for 30 days.

I'll let him slide this time. He's just mad that he has built up the android phones, knowing he wants an iPhone. If he switched now, he would be ripped by many people! :D

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I remember to put on my shoes before I leave the house. I remember to comb my hair. I remember that I need my badge when I go into the office. Remembering that it's really stupid to wear tight jeans and sit down when the phone is in your front pocket? Evidently impossible!

I have not done it since a couple people I know have cracked their phones that way. Now I don't wear tight or skinny jeans but I still remember. I guess it is possible.

By the way new consumer report on phones bending, They found the following results below.

Results of Consumer Reports smart phone bend test:

Deformation/Case Separation

HTC One (M8)
70 pounds/90 pounds
Apple iPhone 6
70 pounds/100 pounds
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
90 pounds/110 pounds
LG G3
130 pounds/130 pounds
Apple iPhone 5
130 pounds/150 pounds
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

150 pounds/150 pounds

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/09/consumer-reports-tests-iphone-6-bendgate/index.htm

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Why is my iPhone always so hot?

If it's some rouge app can I download it into my wife?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on upgrading my original 4S (my first and only smart phone) but I couldn't resist the "free" upgrade so I put in an order for a 6. Unfortunately, Verizon is backed up and I won't get it until the end of October.

In case anybody is unaware, you can get a $200 credit when you exchange a 4S if you order by today, 9/30. The "free" upgrade is still going to cost me almost $190 after upgrading to the 64 Gig model ($100) plus the bogus activation fee ($30) + taxes ($60).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stay tuned....it appears the different Carriers area all drumming up new deals and incentives to switch as we get closer to the Holidays. This should be interesting.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to share this here. My son came up to me today and said "Dad...why did the Stormtrooper by an iPhone.......He couldn't find the droid he was looking for."

Ha!. Probably an old joke but I had not heard it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the new Iphone 6 much bigger than the old one.

Sprint just announced a new 1 year upgrade cycle plan (lease) on top of the 2 year one they already have. I have a family plan though for my kids and their phones. I am probably going to switch to one of those plans as soon as their contracts are up. My wife and I could upgrade now but because we are on a family plan it would cost more.

I like the 6 vs the 6+.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave