Not to get cocky, but the Broncos are beatable.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've watched a lot of Peyton Manning over the years, having little other option.

Watched the end of the Seahawks-Broncos game this weekend at my niece's birthday party. They love them some Peyton, and weren't going to change the channel to the Cards game . . . no biggy, I was DVR'ing it.

I wouldn't go so far to say that Manning's got a noodle arm, but he certainly doesn't have the cannon he had in his earlier days. Most of their yards moving down the field came on RAC . . . if we can contain their running game that would seem ideal to what we can do defensively.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. If the Cards can move PM off his spot, and stop their stupid draws, they have a shot.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
They are. Their Defense is still not good (#30 total defense, #31 Passing D, #12 Rush D). If we can play keep away, and keep Peyton on the sidelines, we have a good shot.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
His arm strength definitely tailed off as the season progressed last year. He compensates by knowing where to go with the football.

Another thing to note is that the Broncos and Manning understand that he can't be hit. He is not going to take a shot to get a pass off. If you bring pressure, the ball is coming out fast.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep a bead on Welker the whole game.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The player that worries me the most against Denver is Julius Thomas for obvious reasons.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So what do you do with Manning? Do we even attempt to blitz him? Conversely, if you give him all day, he'll carve us up. I say that we don't change our style. We should go after him & hope that we force him into passes where his noodle arm is exposed. If we stuff the run, I think we can force Manning into just enough mistakes that we can stay in this game.

OP
OP
Dan H

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So what do you do with Manning? Do we even attempt to blitz him? Conversely, if you give him all day, he'll carve us up. I say that we don't change our style. We should go after him & hope that we force him into passes where his noodle arm is exposed. If we stuff the run, I think we can force Manning into just enough mistakes that we can stay in this game.

I think you have to blitz him, he looked extremely frustrated in the face of all the pressure Seattle was giving him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here is the gameplan vs Manning and Brady. Outside CBs need to sit 7 yrds off the LOS and be ready to jump the quick screen, slant, dig, and out routes. Inside DBs need to disrupt the timing of the slot WRs. SS and LB needs to jam and knock around the TE. FS needs to defense vs post and seam routes. Make Manning and Brady beat you making throws to the deep 1/3s which is where they will struggle and where their decrease in velocity will show.

vs bunch formations play at the LOS to beat rub routes and quick screens.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't condone blatant cheap shops but Peyton definitely needs to get hit to rattle him. Over the years, Peyton is so used to the refs and opposing players treating him like a china doll. When he gets hit, he starts to get happy feet and lose composure. If you remember the Colt/Broncos game from last year, you will see. We need to get pressure on him and put him on the ground, even after he gets rid of the ball. Our corners need to make plays after that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta limit turnovers, especially on the road.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peyton Manning at Denver is almost impossible to beat when you have zero pass rush and the Cardinals really struggle to generate any. Without crowd noise Peyton will be able to easily audible at the line. Give Peyton enough time and he will pick you apart. Then factor in the Cardinals struggle with covering TEs and you can expect a huge game from Julius Thomas.

If the Cardinals want to stay in this game they will have to match the Bronco's score for score. I just don't see them winning at Denver.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peyton Manning at Denver is almost impossible to beat when you have zero pass rush and the Cardinals really struggle to generate any. Without crowd noise Peyton will be able to easily audible at the line. Give Peyton enough time and he will pick you apart. Then factor in the Cardinals struggle with covering TEs and you can expect a huge game from Julius Thomas.

If the Cardinals want to stay in this game they will have to match the Bronco's score for score. I just don't see them winning at Denver.

They pressured Kap. And they pressured Phil Rivers.

Reaction score
If anyone knows Peyton Manning's weaknesses it is his former coach, the Cardinals QB guru Tom Moore.

Other than the immense home field advantage that Denver has, the Cardinals have a good shot of beating them.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm curious if Tom Moore will be involved at all in the defensive game plan. He probably knows more about Manning than anyone else but Manning.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Matter of fact, I think the Broncos are so beatable that to post a thread which it would be cocky to suggest it is selling this team way short. These are the Broncos who in the biggest game the last season got blasted by a team we beat. I would much rather play the Broncos than the Seahawks or Niners any day!

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Speaking of cocky, just heard this clip on NFL network. They asked BA how to keep the recent headlines from going to his players heads. He told them it's a short ride from the penthouse to the sh*thouse. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Speaking of cocky, just heard this clip on NFL network. They asked BA how to keep the recent headlines from going to his players heads. He told them it's a short ride from the penthouse to the outhouse. Lol.

I believe his actual quote was a little more colorful. Not an outhouse but a sh*thouse.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I believe his actual quote was a little more colorful. Not an outhouse but a sh*thouse.

It thought so but changed my post because I wasn't sure...lol. I'm at work and the clip was in the background.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They pressured Kap. And they pressured Phil Rivers.

I didn't see consistant pressure.

The Niners were forced to play a god aweful Jonathon Martin at RT and the Cardinals still couldn't get Kap down. The Broncos have a decent RT in Chris Clark but he has been prone to struggle against speed rushers. Unfortunetly the Cardinals don't currently have a proven speed rusher who can get the edge on Clark. Not to mention that the Cardinals D won't have the luxury of crowd noise to slow Manning's audibles at the line.

The good news is that the Cardinals should be able to stuff the Bronco's poor running game. That will make the Bronco's one dimensional. So the ultimate question is can the Cardinals pass rush get to Manning before he finds his TE wide open in the middle of the field. I personally believe that Manning will have too much time in the pocket and that will ultimately doom the Cardinals in this game. I see Julius Thomas having a monster game against the Cardinals.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, Denver is beatable. Why would people think they are not? They are good, but not some unstoppable juggernaut.

If we keep the turnover ratio in our favor, the game outcome will be 50/50 at a minimum.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ken Whusenhunt is to only Cardinal HC to have his team beat Denver in a regular season game. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA