Whiz wins opener.......many more to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

machgman

Veteran
Reaction score
Did Whiz run over your dog or bang your sister? There's so much factually wrong with these 2 posts it's funny.

Graves/FO is who Boldin said reneged on their plans to re-negotiate, no Whiz.

Out of that list of QB's, I think 2 are in the league. Let's not act like they had talent and Whiz hampered them. Does anyone really care what Skelton, Hall, or Lindley think?

Warner sure was sought after before falling under Whiz's guidance

Whiz succumbing to Haley is laughable at best. Btw, the same Haley that Ben has had numerous issues with. The same Haley that was run out of KC while Whiz was a hot commodity head coaching candidate.

But go head, give credit to everyone else and all the blame lay on Whiz. Very logical thinking.

In the end, Whiz is gone and had success in SD and will in Tennessee. Arians is also a good coach and having success in Arizona. Todd Haley will be lucky to get another HC job.

Regarding Warner, Denny Green should get credit for giving Warner a second chance when he to bat with Graves to get Warner signed to a cheap back-up contract.

Regarding Warner and Whisenhunt, if you can be honest with yourself, you may recall the Whiz dragged out the Qb competition all training camp long even when Warner beat Leinart everyday in every practice. Whiz finally was forced to pick Warner after Leinart melted down in the last pre-season game with the Raiders. Whiz was then forced to pick Warner to start, and that was Todd Haley's choice all along. As for Whiz being lucky to have lucked out in being force to choose Warner, you might also want to be honest and remember even Dick Vermeil had no clue how good Warner was going to be after the Rams' starting Franchise QB went down with a season ending injury and predicted that Warner was a "decent" back-up QB. In Warner's first start, he was so good, the Ram's threw out their entire season's offensive playbook and made up an entirely new one playing to Warner's strengths. Just as Vermeil made his fame off of Warner, so did Whisenhunt who should lose again to the Cowboys. I wouldn't be surprise if Whisenhunt hasn't already lost the Titans locker room since Locker is not going to the veteran leader and the "Lightning-the-Bottle" that Warner was when Whisenhunt got lucky here. Sure he took credit for Warner's success, but the truth is in his losing and pathetic coaching record and player mismanagement after Warner left. And remember, at San Diego, he was just a coordinator under McCoy was tutored on a PhD level on QB play and offensive attacks by Peyton Manning. AND McCoy completely admitted this in a lot of interviews available on line. With this knowledge, just how much could Whiz bring other than to carry out what McCoy wanted for Rivers? BTW, isn't amazing that McCoy was pushing Whiz to move on as a HC candidate after the Chargers' first 6 games instead of wanting to keep him there or stay mum on the subject?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
“I’m embarrassed,” said Tennessee coach Ken Whisenhunt, in the 41-17 rout of Tennessee.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“I’m embarrassed,” said Tennessee coach Ken Whisenhunt, in the 41-17 rout of Tennessee.

You knew someone had to bump this thread. Wiz going to a team with no QB was a baaaad choice.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Titans fans need to be patient. Whiz started 3-5 in AZ then went 28-18 including 4 playoff wins and an NFC Title. :D

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Titans fans need to be patient. Whiz started 3-5 in AZ then went 28-18 including 4 playoff wins and an NFC Title. :D

Personally, I don't give Whiz the complete credit for the success here. Like Manning, we had Warner that controlled of the offense. To me, Whiz plays way too conservative and plays "by the book" too many times. I like the guy, but was happy to see him go. I was unclear about Arians too, but man has he been a blessing!

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You knew someone had to bump this thread. Wiz going to a team with no QB was a baaaad choice.

Totally agree, really surprised that he didn't go to Detroit who has Stafford. The also wanted him but he took the Titan job instead. I don't see him being successful there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally agree, really surprised that he didn't go to Detroit who has Stafford. The also wanted him but he took the Titan job instead. I don't see him being successful there.

That job seemed tailor made for him.

LDL

Veteran
Reaction score
Whiz-HOFQB=5-11.
The Card's run began and stopped with Warner. Liked the guy, just don't think he can get it done without the second part of the equation.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, I was shocked when he didn't go to Detroit too

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
C'mon, man - they have Clipboard Jesus !! :D

Lots of the Titans fans are talking about how Whitehurst looks sooo much better than Locker that they should just cut Locker. We can tell them from experience that is can get much, MUCH worse.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lots of the Titans fans are talking about how Whitehurst looks sooo much better than Locker that they should just cut Locker. We can tell them from experience that is can get much, MUCH worse.

Whis has already used all 3 QBs this year, so the system is operating at peak efficiency.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Jesus when did Jared Leto quit acting to become a NFL QB?

Wiz made a TERRIBLE professional decision IMO to not take the Lions role. I think he just didnt want to live in Detroit which I cant blame him. But seriously shortsighted IMO.

I still think he will have success in TEN (hell get time to get his own QB) but like CHeese said he walking into a ready made situaiton in Detroit. Even a walking corpse like Jim Caldwell is winning with them.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
From the titans board...I remember things like this

%*^& calling out the WR's. Maybe the WR's are sick of having to put on a spacesuit to catch a ******** pass.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
The guy is over his head as a HC he is an assistant at best!

Tennessee's talent level as a team is below average IMO. But I'd agree that Whis hasn't been very sucessful at motivating teams to rise their talent level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose