Palmer shouldnt play v Denver.....

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sheesh. Why don't we let BA worry about Palmer being ready or not? I think he knows more about it than any of us on this board. Nothing very constructive in this discussion.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
BA will be the one to decide who will get the start in Denver , if Palmer shows BA that he is ready , then Palmer will start , if not , BA will start Stanton . I'm guessing that BA will not consult this thread to make his decision .

Yes ; 40YearFan , I posted the same on page 1 of this thread , but nobody listened .

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Palmer probably will start if he is 100%. If he is at 98% I suspect Stanton will start with a very short leash. He starts going 3 and out and then Palmer will come in.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Sheesh. Why don't we let BA worry about Palmer being ready or not? I think he knows more about it than any of us on this board. Nothing very constructive in this discussion.

So what are we supposed to discuss? The coaches and front office know more about everything relating to the team. I guess the only thread each week should be Rugby's "We Won/We Lost??? This is what fans do. I'm not "worried" about Palmer but I enjoy discussing/reading takes like when Palmer should come back.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Palmer probably will start if he is 100%. If he is at 98% I suspect Stanton will start with a very short leash. He starts going 3 and out and then Palmer will come in.

No matter who starts, I don't expect him to have a short leash. That really hurts a QBs confidence. BA doesn't seem that impulsive in my opinion, he seems like a guy who makes a decision and sticks with it.

Yanking QBs like that doesn't just hurt the confidence of the guy you're yanking, but the next guy up too. Constantly looking over your shoulder sucks.

Stanton even mentioned Monday being yanked at halftime the last time he played SF when he played for Detroit, and that was many years ago. It sticks with a dude.

My only real concern is that Palmer feels pressured to come back before he's ready because of how Stanton has played and all the press he's gotten. To believe that though we'd have to believe Palmer cares about himself more than the team and I don't think that's the case.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is along the lines of Mulli's trade joke but it could be that BA and Palmer are totally playing mind games with Denver and that Palmer isn't close to ready and that Stanton is starting against Denver no matter what.

Never trust BA when it comes to stuff like this. He even admits he lies. And even then he's lying.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Palmer should be 100%. I was watching Fox sports and they had a doctor on going over injuries. When they got to Palmer's, the doc explained that CP's nerve "went to sleep" and once it wakes back up, it's awake and back to normal. There is no gradual comeback just when it's back, it's back.

CP should be fine moving forward.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Palmer should be 100%. I was watching Fox sports and they had a doctor on going over injuries. When they got to Palmer's, the doc explained that CP's nerve "went to sleep" and once it wakes back up, it's awake and back to normal. There is no gradual comeback just when it's back, it's back.

I've heard this description before...

His nerve is in dog heaven?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Cardinals game against the Broncos next Sunday is gonna be the hardest I have ever rooted for Arizona in years.

Really hope Palmer is well and ready to go.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I remember reading something similar with Channing Fry and the Suns training staff a while back. Essentially, one of his ass cheek nerves was asleep, throwing off his balance and shot. Once they got it back to normal he shot the ball much better. It did not help rebounding or defense, however.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what are we supposed to discuss? The coaches and front office know more about everything relating to the team. I guess the only thread each week should be Rugby's "We Won/We Lost??? This is what fans do. I'm not "worried" about Palmer but I enjoy discussing/reading takes like when Palmer should come back.

So you agree with this sentence from the opening post:

.... unless he is 150% ready! The last thing he needs to do is rush through the light rehabbing of his shoulder and play.

These are football players we are talking about, not 10 year old kids. They get paid handsomely to wreck their bodies and they have chosen their particular line of work. By the time week 10 or 12 rolls around, very few players are even at 100%, so to ask for 150% is ridiculous.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are football players we are talking about, not 10 year old kids. They get paid handsomely to wreck their bodies and they have chosen their particular line of work. By the time week 10 or 12 rolls around, very few players are even at 100%, so to ask for 150% is ridiculous.

I'm okay with demanding 150% from a player as long as you don't do it more than 110% of the time.

Steve

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So you agree with this sentence from the opening post:

Well then comment on the absurdity of that instead of just writing that it's the coaches job to worry and therefore we don't need to talk about Palmers injury

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) no such thing as 150%. Please lookup what "per cent" means.

2) Save the drama for your mama.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well then comment on the absurdity of that instead of just writing that it's the coaches job to worry and therefore we don't need to talk about Palmers injury

I did comment on it. The premise of the post was silly to began with and makes one wonder of the motive of the individual considering some of the other threads they have started. I can understand some of the angst of the other participants of this thread in regard to this subject.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave