Nice article on Cards success. Some all-22 gifs included

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
My favorite quote of all time:

Undaunted in Week 3, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields of Bannockburn, fought like warrior poets, fought like Scotsmen, and won their freedom, Arizona, injury depleted and underdogs, mounted a spirited comeback, outscoring the Niners 17-0 after the half, and walked away atop the mighty NFC West all by their lonesome.

He crossed out the bolded part in the article and replaced it with what followed, but I don't think that can show up on ASFN.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Love all the gif clips. Nice article.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it. One of the few threads I have favorited so I can view when I get home.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
sbnation is starting to become one of my must-visit websites for NFL stories.

thebiglead is another one.

ESPN's NFL blog and Foxsports are slipping.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's awesome to relive that game and how well they played against SF. Great coaching on both sides of the ball for the Cards so far this year

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTN: THESMEL,

Please see the following:

Bruce Arians' offensive system is typically balanced, and that has proven true this season. After three games, Cardinals quarterbacks, plus Ted Ginn, have attempted exactly 100 passes. They've been sacked six times and scrambled/rushed 12 times. So, let's just say, Arians has called 118 passes. He's called 99 runs. That's an incredibly balanced attack in the NFL these days, and it's working. As a whole, they haven't been world beaters in any particular category, but what they have done is utilized their weapons effectively.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ATTN: THESMEL,

Please see the following:

Bruce Arians' offensive system is typically balanced, and that has proven true this season. After three games, Cardinals quarterbacks, plus Ted Ginn, have attempted exactly 100 passes. They've been sacked six times and scrambled/rushed 12 times. So, let's just say, Arians has called 118 passes. He's called 99 runs. That's an incredibly balanced attack in the NFL these days, and it's working. As a whole, they haven't been world beaters in any particular category, but what they have done is utilized their weapons effectively.

I love this post. Thesmel getting the love. Well done.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
sbnation is starting to become one of my must-visit websites for NFL stories.

thebiglead is another one.

ESPN's NFL blog and Foxsports are slipping.

I was going to say the same thing. I used to put SBNation on blast because they let THESMEL post there, but they have done a great job of hiring fugitive writers from the collapsing SportsOnEarth and elsewhere (Does the National Football Post still exist?) and creating something that has some quality.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
It's awesome to relive that game and how well they played against SF. Great coaching on both sides of the ball for the Cards so far this year

Absolutely one of my favorite wins in the past few years, watching the clips got me pumped haha.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Great article, thanks for the post. Todd Bowles runs an excellent defense and the team really executes on all levels. Kaepernick and the 49ers offense were completely out coached.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing. I used to put SBNation on blast because they let THESMEL post there, but they have done a great job of hiring fugitive writers from the collapsing SportsOnEarth and elsewhere (Does the National Football Post still exist?) and creating something that has some quality.

That's just rude. His opinion on running in my opinion is just as valid as yours. He just doesn't post as well as you do or present his arguments as well sometimes.

I hate people ripping on Thesmel because he's probably right when it comes to having a balanced attack and the running game still being important.

Sure, he goes overboard on Matt Leinart and RB's but no more than you do about other crappy players that didn't pan out.

Thesmel is a fan, hardcore. And I hate that you and others rip on him because of the way he posts. You know, he used to post much better ****, poems and actual examinations of positions, but because of douchbags giving him grief he's pulled back a lot. And I think that's a loss. To all of us.

Don't be a prick.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That's just rude. His opinion on running in my opinion is just as valid as yours. He just doesn't post as well as you do or present his arguments as well sometimes.

I hate people ripping on Thesmel because he's probably right when it comes to having a balanced attack and the running game still being important.

Sure, he goes overboard on Matt Leinart and RB's but no more than you do about other crappy players that didn't pan out.

Thesmel is a fan, hardcore. And I hate that you and others rip on him because of the way he posts. You know, he used to post much better ****, poems and actual examinations of positions, but because of douchbags giving him grief he's pulled back a lot. And I think that's a loss. To all of us.

Don't be a prick.

Thesmel gets grief because his posts are on some weird language. And of course for jocking Leinart.

As for a balanced attack I don't think teams can do that anymore. 60-40 pass run seems to be the norm.

But what the heck do I know? Whatever I post the opposite always happens. :D

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I tied one on hard, I'm surprised mine even resembles English. Shouldn't have directed that specifically at K9, it's the mob mentality I find distastful.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Don't be a prick.

I'm not saying that THESMEL's posts aren't valid or whatever. He's free to say what he wants to, including here. I'm just saying that an editorial board that chooses to amplify a voice like THESMEL's isn't one that I would find to be credible. In part because a cluttered language is a sign of a cluttered mind, but also because it just illustrates that you, as the editor, don't care what gets published on your bandwidth or under your banner.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson