life after Bowles

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It is a different job, it's nice to hear someone in the biz acknowledging it. I know the money is a huge temptation but a man's got to know his limitations.

Steve

This is my deal, if salary cap does not apply to coaches... I would just pay outrageous jack to all of them so they will never leave, it is so simple if you are a billionaire owner :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see them going with David Shaw. Gets the good elements of Harbaugh/Stanford system with a guy who is local and isn't named Harbaugh. I bet Harbaugh ends up in Oakland.

If he gets fired I can see him at Michigan. Hoke came into this year only 26-13, Harbaugh is an alum and a much bigger name.

Most people don't seem to realize the reason Harbaugh wound up at Stanford was he had a very clear Bay area connection, he went to Palo Alto HS when his dad Jack was an assistant coach on the Stanford staff. he was a year ahead of me in HS I know we played them in summer league basketball when he was there but I only knew his name because of football. John Paye was a much bigger deal at that time playing at menlo school.

Shaw is a great guy, I seem to recall reading somewhere he wanted to stay at Stanford because of his kids but I guess taking the SF job they wouldn't have to move out of state, he could even stay near Stanford, it's only about 30 minutes to Santa Clara.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Todd Bowles has to be a 100% lock for a head coaching job either this year or next. Given this, do you think Bruce Arians has a staffer in place in the back of his mind to take over ? I certainly hope the linebackers coach or dline coach is paying attention to Bowles masterful coaching right now!

Debbie Downer.

Nobody will be hiring him this year as the Cards have him under contract and will not allow anyone to interview him. We are only 3 games into this year with 13 to go. It's a long season. Why not wait until we get there to start worrying about something like this?

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
On sports radio they said that Michigan is not a good job for Harbaugh (or anyone for that matter) and that it was even doubtful whether he'd go back to college coaching. All I know that it's very hard to figure out Jim Harbaugh.

That makes sense because he is difficult to get along with and in college he could not wield as much power.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm just happy that I don't see the "Bowels" negative posts any more. That drove me crazy from a couple of dudes. Almost expanded my ignore list last season :)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm just happy that I don't see the "Bowels" negative posts any more. That drove me crazy from a couple of dudes. Almost expanded my ignore list last season :)

I'm just happy I don't have to see those Dave McGinnis is a great coach threads anymore. And the "he just needs more time posts" Those drove me crazy.

:D

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

To be fair, can't speak for others, but whenever I typed his name from a phone that's what it corrected it to. It took me several posts before I even realized and had to add it to my dictionary so that it wouldn't do that. I had no clue it was even an issue until someone pointed it out.

I still have those issues frankly.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To be fair, can't speak for others, but whenever I typed his name from a phone that's what it corrected it to. It took me several posts before I even realized and had to add it to my dictionary so that it wouldn't do that. I had no clue it was even an issue until someone pointed it out.

I still have those issues frankly.

Oh, I wasn't crazy about honest typos. It was quite obvious when the poster was using it on purpose and to criticize him.

I wasn't sure one way or another about him, didn't really know much about him but for some reason it really bugged me.

It's all good and just me. Most derogatory nicknames don't bug me much, that one really did :)

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oh, I wasn't crazy about honest typos. It was quite obvious when the poster was using it on purpose and to criticize him.

I wasn't sure one way or another about him, didn't really know much about him but for some reason it really bugged me.

It's all good and just me. Most derogatory nicknames don't bug me much, that one really did :)

I was totally wrong about Bowles. I'm wrong about a lot of stuff.

Reaction score
How many HC's in the NFL are offensive minded & how many are defensive? It seems to me that most are offensive but I really don't know.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Debbie Downer.

Nobody will be hiring him this year as the Cards have him under contract and will not allow anyone to interview him. We are only 3 games into this year with 13 to go. It's a long season. Why not wait until we get there to start worrying about something like this?

Yeah my patience is wearing thin....

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, next coach up, I like that. I especially like it because our group of coaches have been around the block and they know just about everybody. If they decide we need to go outside, they'll know right where to go IMO.

Steve

This.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I think that Bowles has been able to do what he has done because his head coach wants him and his defense to be super aggressive. There is something to be said about not having to worry about being second guessed.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh isn't leaving the NFL for a college program. Forget about it. He isn't a guy who backs away from a challenge, and the only reason he will be out is because of the SF GM. Personally, I would love ot see Harbaugh with the Raiders.

Secondly, you want to create an environment where talented people want to go and grow. If Bowles gets a head coach spot, great. If not, that is ok too.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For the love of God people can we just enjoy the season before we start this panic mode woe is me crap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA