DWash suspended for season?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Maybe the honey badger can help Dwash out? I know pro sports are not fair to Arizona, biggest scams against us every freakin time and they just don't care- just say give me your money and shut up Arizona.

Suns ref crap scandal
Knowing Braun was juiced when he took away Goldys homerun playoff win as a rookie
NHL owning the Coyotes for years
Kurts bounty ending his career early in the playoffs

So I'm surprised it wasn't a lifetime suspension. Dwash was violent with his girl, and it looks like he is addicted and needs treatment, I hope him the best.

With all the crap we have beeb fed we still have Pat Tillman as an ICON, HERO and a Moral Compass- Pat trumps all the other crap hands down.

CARDINAL UP AND TAKE IT LIKE A FAN!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"@55getlive: He didn't smoke pot he missed a test so plz get da facts strait damn he is nt selfish or stupid he just didn't know he had a test on tht day

Abraham tweet.

Anyway no reason to miss a test if u are clean or u cant forget about it,but i think 1 year of ban it s something should be reviewed by the son of a senator godell.

Athletes Should be more punished for the abuse of substances to increase performances,just like the rest of sports outside your country.

lol, ok Abe

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
"@55getlive: He didn't smoke pot he missed a test so plz get da facts strait damn he is nt selfish or stupid he just didn't know he had a test on tht day

Abraham tweet.

Anyway no reason to miss a test if u are clean or u cant forget about it,but i think 1 year of ban it s something should be reviewed by the son of a senator godell.

Athletes Should be more punished for the abuse of substances to increase performances,just like the rest of sports outside your country.

Ya Abraham should just take care of himself and let Dwaste drown in his own pool of failure.

1. He missed 3 tests
2. Why did he miss the tests if he wasn't using?
3. He didn't "forget" how does someone forget 3 tests, knowing that if you miss them your career is basically over. Oh wait I know how you forget, you're F(#*$*# STONED!!!

Lets not turn Dwash into a victim here. Ever case should be evaluated on it's on and the fact that this guy was already suspended 4 games, then got arrested for beating up his girlfriend, then KNOWING that he was on the thinnest ice possible, he pulls this, the guy got off light with a year suspension IMO. Dwash is not a victim.

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
It might have already been covered in this thread, but being an out of town Cardinals fan, I was curious if anyone is hearing about DWash appealing this suspension?? Even if it went to 12 games that would be huge.

Go Cards!
Tim in NJ
@SheriffK9NJ

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It might have already been covered in this thread, but being an out of town Cardinals fan, I was curious if anyone is hearing about DWash appealing this suspension?? Even if it went to 12 games that would be huge.

Go Cards!
Tim in NJ
@SheriffK9NJ

I think he accepted his fate from his words! Anyways, it's supposedly strike 4 so he's not reducing his suspension anyways...plus he's prolly gonna get more games next year for his alledged assault. He's prolly done in AZ & has no one to blame but himself!!!

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
Yeah as wonder who DW gets suspended and people like Ray Rice charged in domestic violence is only getting a slap on the wrist.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah as wonder who DW gets suspended and people like Ray Rice charged in domestic violence is only getting a slap on the wrist.

Ray Rice will get suspended, not sure how he is getting a slap on the wrist when the league has not reviewed the case and spelled out his suspension yet... :shrug:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The NFL hasn't punished Rice yet. Even if he is suspended for one game it doesn't matter in regards to DStoner. The penalties for blowing it on drugs are spelled out and in writing. DStoner knew everything up front and blew it. It's not on the NFL, it's all on him.

Now with the next collective bargaining agreement, whenever that is, you can damn sure bet the players are going to demand a revisit of the marijuana issue. And, by the time that happens they will have a ton of medical evidence (opiates are way more dangerous than marijuana) and undoubtedly much more cultural support as the legalization of marijuana for medical and recreational purposes is going to go forward, not back up.

I know this question is more of a P&R one, but did anyone notice there was almost no push in the Arizona legislature (somewhere to the right of Mussolini) to repeal medical marijuana laws this year? One year on the the marijuana money **** took care of that. 35 million bucks in one year. And, that was medical only. Even then, it's still projected to add another 100 million over that) this year, 2014.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/19/benefits-legalizing-weed-by-the-numbers_n_5173785.html

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Go Cards!
Tim in NJ
@SheriffK9NJ

i believe they dont announce it until after the appeals and drug policies are stricter than others. hes done.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I think he accepted his fate from his words! Anyways, it's supposedly strike 4 so he's not reducing his suspension anyways...plus he's prolly gonna get more games next year for his alledged assault. He's prolly done in AZ & has no one to blame but himself!!!

Also his suspension is for a year is at minimum, he could be suspended for some of next season for the weed if he does not get all things he needs to do to get reinstated finished up.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DWash can look forward to getting a similar penalty to Ray Rice after he serves this one.Wrist slap or otherwise he is getting what he deserves at the team's and fan's expense. He apparently doesn't care about his own expense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct. This has Already been appealed.

question about this...if this was already appealed, doesn't that actually mean the Cardinals were aware of this sometime before the announcement date? I wonder how long the appeal process is.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
question about this...if this was already appealed, doesn't that actually mean the Cardinals were aware of this sometime before the announcement date? I wonder how long the appeal process is.

Our reported interest in Shazier, a very similar player, could have been part of it.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

This is what I'm wondering.

I have a feeling the NFL doesn't have a good policy in place, but I could be wrong.

Is it possible that they test positive, the team is unaware, then it's appealed, and the team is unaware? We know teams find out before us, generally, but what we don't know is by how much. Do they find out a few days before it hits the media?

Personally I think teams should be notified as soon as they know it's a positive test/missed test.

It just would be really stupid if the NFL knew he missed the test say, in February, and they kept quiet while we let Dansby go and picked up Washington's bonus.

But we really don't know, since they can be tested up to 10 times a month, he could of missed the test only a week before we found out.

It's just the 'already been appealed' thing gets me thinking there was a significant time lapse between missing a test.

Given the timeframe of it all, it's very possible he missed the test before the bonus, and maybe even the start of free agency.

We don't know, but the Cardinals themselves should be finding out.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Unless the rules have changed, didn't the 2 viking d linemen get to play while they were appealing? I think Dweed admited to it and there is no reason or basis to appeal, I just don't think he cares. Can you even appeal several missed test? What would your excuse be?

Like Ricky retired for a year cuz he wanted to smoke, then realized oh wait my money is gone, I better clean up my act.