Game of Thrones (HBO)

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Lena Headey (Cerci) posted a photo on her Instagram account yesterday that sent the fan boy world into a tizzy. (SPOILER!!!)

You must be registered for see images

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I cannot wait for the Red Viper vs. the Mountain. The new actor playing the Mountain is 6'9", 420 lbs, and used to be a professional basketball player (so he has agility). Apparently he is one of the strongest men in the world. My worry was that with all that armor, we'd get a fight similar to the end of Return of the Jedi, where an imposing Darth Vader really can't move around very much. It sounds like that won't be an issue with this guy.

I have to ask why he wasn't cast for this role from the very beginning?

Here is a shot showing just how big he really is without the benefit of gimmicky camera angles. (She is 5'5")

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
A list of characters that will join the show next year. These are new characters that have not been shown yet, so their inclusion is not too spoilery. Some of the descriptions give hints at their roles next year (i.e. "will spend time with a major character next season, will appear in one episode next season, etc.), but viewing the list shouldn't ruin anyone's watching of this season.

http://io9.com/meet-the-new-characters-who-will-join-game-of-thrones-i-1580662086

There was one interesting description that already hints at a deviation from the books, though.

Between the list of new characters and the scouting of locations in Spain, I think we will get a to finally see lots Dorne next season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You should read the books cheese. The writing is amazing. All of those scense in Tyrion's cell were word for word from the books, as was Lysa's trip through the moon door.

Yep, can't get enough long-winded descriptions of what everyone eats and characters that don't matter. :thumbup:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, can't get enough long-winded descriptions of what everyone eats and characters that don't matter. :thumbup:

Ya, I skip/skim A LOT. Don't need to read every time someone licks his fingers (happens quite a bit for some reason).

Book 5 is way better so far, except for the eating.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
My guess is that they will combine books 4 and 5 over a number of seasons (2 or 3?) as the events of the 2 books largely run concurrently.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
With all the memorable stuff they've shown this season, this episode may just be the one we all remember the most.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Saw it coming but wow.

same...but agree. WOW.

That was epic.

As amazing as the end of that episode was, Aria's laugh might have been my favorite moment of the entire episode.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
You just know that if a character is likeable, their time is limited.

And I agree, I loved Aria's laugh.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just know that if a character is likeable, their time is limited.

And I agree, I loved Aria's laugh.

not only that, but if that character lets emotion take over (pretty much in any circumstance), they are done for.

good to see Sansa finally join the game in this episode. The Stark women as a whole just seem to know how to play the game soooooo much better then their male counterparts.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I freaked out watching the end of that fight. So horrible! So great! And next week's preview looks like the biggest battle yet. Much bigger than Blackwater.

AZZenny

Reaction score
There has never been anything on TV that has repeatedly just flat-out shocked me like GOT. Best TV show ever.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There has never been anything on TV that has repeatedly just flat-out shocked me like GOT. Best TV show ever.

it's interesting...but I haven't really been shocked by anything much since the end of Season 1. You can start to see Martin's MO as the series goes on. Anyone who lets emotion interfere with the game is a dead man sooner rather then later. Actually, there was one moment that likely would have left me STUNNED, but Deadline Hollywood's idiocy robbed me of Joffrey's death...jerkoffs.

even with that said, this show is beyond awesome.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
honestly, the only thing that would truly shock me at this point would be Tyrion ACTUALLY getting executed at the end of this season.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! That was pretty gruesome and cool. I have to agree...finally a Stark getting their hands dirty and playing the game.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think, increasingly, we're going to see show-only viewers love it and book lovers gripe about it. I DESPISE what they've done with Sansa. Sorry, but she's an empty-headed buffoon still. The pandering to the Stark lovers has completely flipped her character. While the Arya laugh was great, I'm like, huh? They're at the Vale? :rolleyes:

I liked parts of this episode, especially the obvious ones. I even liked parts of the stuff they changed and I hated, because though I hated the changes, they were well-executed. This season has just not lived up to the other three. At all. It's not even close.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think, increasingly, we're going to see show-only viewers love it and book lovers gripe about it. I DESPISE what they've done with Sansa. Sorry, but she's an empty-headed buffoon still. The pandering to the Stark lovers has completely flipped her character. While the Arya laugh was great, I'm like, huh? They're at the Vale? :rolleyes:

That makes no sense. They've been traveling to the Vale for like 4 episodes! Do you think they were never going to make it?

I liked parts of this episode, especially the obvious ones. I even liked parts of the stuff they changed and I hated, because though I hated the changes, they were well-executed. This season has just not lived up to the other three. At all. It's not even close.

Still can't figure out why you watch ANYTHING.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Even if you knew what was coming, seeing it on screen left you stunned. Or at least it did for me. I've seen lots of book readers wishing that they had somehow let him live, but then I think that makes most of Book 4 largely irrelevant.

I read somewhere (on EW.com I think) that the last 3 episodes are the best this season. And unlike Stout, I think this might be the most solid season yet. I can't wait to see next week's episode.

For me, the battle at the Wall is the one scene I've wanted to see translated to the screen more than any other (except maybe the Red Wedding).

Also
Littlefinger's talk with Robin about where people die slayed me.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, can't say I am familiar or intimately knowledgeable about trial by combat but since

the Mountain died as well, doesn't that say he is both innocent and guilty?!?!?

What no mulligan? :D

Last edited: