DWash suspended for season?

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki 6m

BREAKING: I've been told #Cardinals LB Daryl Washington will miss the ENTIRE 2014 season. Spoke with a player who confirmed the news.

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

OP
OP
Alan

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki 22s

#Cardinals LB Daryl Washington will be suspended for the entire 2014 season, still gathering all the details.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
WOW!

That is amazing.

How many people did Leonard Little kill and he never got a full season.

Ray Rice is sweating.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
WOW!

That is amazing.

How many people did Leonard Little kill and he never got a full season.

Ray Rice is sweating.

That was a different set of people in charge. Not comparable.

He got the year most likely because he was already in the substance abuse program, and he was supposedly drunk or on something else when he did this, all on top of breaking the bones of his baby mama. It was a combo.

So all you have to do is beat a woman to get a 10 million pay check(roster bonus) and still get the whole year off. Awesome.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Leonard Little Killed People In Two Different Dui Cases! Ray Rice Dragged Out His Beaten Wife! Is This Real Life How Is This Happening

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Nice to see that Godell can make up the rules as he goes along. In no way do I condone D-Wash'a actions, but an entire season? Horse ****.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
an entire year? holy jesus - that is just crazy. we are in serious trouble.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
This sucks. Even if he appeals and is successful, we are probably looking at 8+ games. You have to believe the Cards expected a much lighter suspension. They had Carl Bradford available in the fourth round and could have easily picked Brown later. Plus they just gave him the 10 million dollar bonus.

I agree Ray Rice should be very worried, he was caught on tape doing the same thing or worse.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is 100% thanks to Ray Rice. I knew this is what would happen as soon as that video hit the internet. It is a reactionary suspension on Goodell's part. I can't imagine how much pressure women's groups have been sending the NFL's way thanks to the midget wife beater.

That being said, I cannot possibly see this holding up on appeal.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
This sucks. Even if he appeals and is successful, we are probably looking at 8+ games. You have to believe the Cards expected a much lighter suspension. They had Carl Bradford available in the fourth round and could have easily picked Brown later. Plus they just gave him the 10 million dollar bonus.

I agree Ray Rice should be very worried, he was caught on tape doing the same thing or worse.

I do not expect Rice to get the same suspension. Washington got the double whammy for getting arrested and for being drunk while being in the substance abuse program. I don't know if Rice was in the substance abuse program when he was drunk and beat his wife, so he will only get the suspension for the abuse. Washington got the suspension both from the personal conduct policy and the substance abuse policy. There is way more to the story everyone here does not know, I wouldn't doubt if they found pot in his system again when he got arrested.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This SUCKS, but I'm not surprised. He's a multiple offender of the league's code of conduct policy.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I do not expect Rice to get the same suspension. Washington got the double whammy for getting arrested and for being drunk while being in the substance abuse program. I don't know if Rice was in the substance abuse program when he was drunk and beat his wife, so he will only get the suspension for the abuse. Washington got the suspension both from the personal conduct policy and the substance abuse policy. There is way more to the story everyone here does not know, I wouldn't doubt if they found pot in his system again when he got arrested.

If there was a substance abuse violation I find it hard to believe that they waited to suspend him on that portion. He was already a repeat offender.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Aldon Smith and Ray Rice better bet at least that much or AZ Fans will have just found their new David Stern.

That being said, I am glad they are cracking down on this type of behavior. If it was happening to someone on another team, I'd approve. So I can't be a hypocrite now and say it is unjust.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not expect Rice to get the same suspension. Washington got the double whammy for getting arrested and for being drunk while being in the substance abuse program. I don't know if Rice was in the substance abuse program when he was drunk and beat his wife, so he will only get the suspension for the abuse. Washington got the suspension both from the personal conduct policy and the substance abuse policy. There is way more to the story everyone here does not know, I wouldn't doubt if they found pot in his system again.

is this really confirmed that Washington was drunk when this happened also? I haven't heard this. If the reality is that he went over to his wife's place, drunk, while already in the program, did whatever he did to leave marks on her neck and break her collarbone and then got BACK IN THE CAR DRUNK and left the scene of the crime, then he's a straight up piece of garbage.

That's hurting a woman and driving around drunk...while already busted. ANY other player on ANY other team and he'd be killed by everyone on this board.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
This SUCKS, but I'm not surprised. He's a multiple offender of the league's code of conduct policy.

I thought the conduct policy and the substance abuse policy ran on independent tracks. I thought one had no bearing on the other, but I could be wrong.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aldon Smith and Ray Rice better bet at least that much or AZ Fans will have just found their new David Stern.

If Smith is found guilty, he should get at least a season, but Ray Rice was a first time offender...and a pretty offensive offender. But still, in the league's eyes, it's the first time. DWash has been a MULTIPLE time offender to the league's code of conduct policy.