Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chef

Release Date: May 9, 2014 (NY, LA)
Studio: Open Road Films
Director: Jon Favreau
Screenwriter: Jon Favreau
Genre: Comedy
MPAA Rating: R (for language, including some suggestive references)

Starring: Jon Favreau, Sofia Vergara, John Leguizamo, Bobby Cannavale, Dustin Hoffman, Oliver Platt, Emjay Anthony, Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey, Jr.

Plot Summary: Chef Carl Casper (Jon Favreau) suddenly quits his job at a prominent Los Angeles restaurant after refusing to compromise his creative integrity for its controlling owner (Dustin Hoffman), he is left to figure out what's next. Finding himself in Miami, he teams up with his ex-wife (Sofia Vergara), his friend (John Leguizamo) and his son to launch a food truck. Taking to the road, Chef Carl goes back to his roots to reignite his passion for the kitchen -- and zest for life and love.

You must be registered for see images attach

AZZenny

Reaction score
LOVED this movie. A modest, extremely well-made, very funny movie -- colorful and absolutely mouthwatering. All three of us spent half the movie grinning ear to ear.
A film that made us happy and extremely hungry.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOVED this movie. A modest, extremely well-made, very funny movie -- colorful and absolutely mouthwatering. All three of us spent half the movie grinning ear to ear.
A film that made us happy and extremely hungry.

Sofia makes me hungry too

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC movie! Don't go into it hungry though.

So far, even though everyone is saying this summer sucks, I've been highly entertained by all the movies I've seen so far: Godzilla, XMen, Edge of Tomorrow, How To Train Your Dragon 2, Chef, and Maleficent.

I'm afraid to see A Million Ways to Die in the West because it will probably break that streak.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
This movie was awesome. I went into it with high expectations and it surpassed them. So glad Jon Favreau chose to do this. Plus it has a cameo with Aaron Franklin which was cool.

Btw - for those that don't speak Spanish and were wondering what John Leguizamo said to the workers when they were trying to get the fryer into the food truck it was basically "come over here and help us lift this and we'll reward you with great food, it's either that or I call immigration". Too funny.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC movie! Don't go into it hungry though.

So far, even though everyone is saying this summer sucks, I've been highly entertained by all the movies I've seen so far: Godzilla, XMen, Edge of Tomorrow, How To Train Your Dragon 2, Chef, and Maleficent.

I'm afraid to see A Million Ways to Die in the West because it will probably break that streak.

I'm with you. I think this has been an excellent summer for movies. For me, it pretty much kicked of with Winter Soldier and as you pointed out, the good movies just kept on coming!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting with my good friend right now who's Favreau's assistant and she just told me they pretty much ate everything that was cooked during the movie (all plates were fresh). Soooooooo jealous.

AZZenny

Reaction score
It's the only movie I've noticed where they listed every caterer and their staff by name in the credits. I figured they got to eat well. I saw Favreau on Top Chef New Orleans, which is what interested me in the movie - he went on the road training with several well-known food truck chefs so he could get both the technique and their passion for food right -- and he really nailed both.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sitting with my good friend right now who's Favreau's assistant and she just told me they pretty much ate everything that was cooked during the movie (all plates were fresh). Soooooooo jealous.

Did you see this? What did you think?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you see this? What did you think?

I thought it was pretty solid. Was STARVING by the end of it. My feet were soaked in a puddle of my own drool after that scene with the grilled cheese.

the only thing I might have changed about the movie was not casting so many huge stars in pretty much every role. I get that they all did it for a song and likely Favreau needed them to try and raise the money for the film (which was independently financed), but it took me out of the movie a little bit.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty solid. Was STARVING by the end of it. My feet were soaked in a puddle of my own drool after that scene with the grilled cheese.

the only thing I might have changed about the movie was not casting so many huge stars in pretty much every role. I get that they all did it for a song and likely Favreau needed them to try and raise the money for the film (which was independently financed), but it took me out of the movie a little bit.

I recently watched it. I agree here. Neat little film, but the star power was a little distracting. Cannavale's character was perfect though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA