The Official 2014 NFL Draft Thread

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Soooooooo....with the QB's that are left, not counting Carr, cuz I think he's gone in the 1st 2 picks tomorrow, who's the best fit for AZ? Doc Savage, Mettendiluted, Dude from GA????

Tom Savage out Pitt in the 3rd. That is what my guess. Maybe Logan out of VT. The signing of Hood before the draft makes sense to me now. The Cardinals knew somehow the steelers were going to take Shaizer out of Ohio. He was Keim pick all the way. I don't know much on Bucannon, but the Cardinals needed to address the Saftey position. Hopefully he works out. I like Louis Nix and Tuit out of Notre Dame. We will see what happens.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I still can't believe cards got a worse pick for moving from 20-27 than Eagles moving from 22-26.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garappolo.

No.

I really don't even care if we take a QB now. I thought Manziel, Bortles and Bridgewater were too good to pass on at 20. The rest? Might as well try to catch lightning in a bottle with a free agent or draft one next year. IMO

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
No.

I really don't even care if we take a QB now. I thought Manziel, Bortles and Bridgewater were too good to pass on at 20. The rest? Might as well try to catch lightning in a bottle with a free agent or draft one next year. IMO

They'll take Logan Thomas in 4th or 5th.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless, he's the best fit left for us, IMO.

Not that I care about having one in this draft anyway. Bortles went super high (would have been fine with him at 20). JF is too risky, even at 20. Bridgewater...eh.

I'm better off with a safety and if they feel Garappolo or someone is a good value in another round, and grab him, good. If not, good.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I still can't believe cards got a worse pick for moving from 20-27 than Eagles moving from 22-26.

If I am Bidwill I ask this question very seriously. As good of a job Keim did in 2013 he is getting a real lesson from the other GM's this year (so far in the first round). I would be really concerned that he did not contact Cleveland (who traded 3 times in the first round), to me they were by far the most obvious trade partners. If he is holding vendettas against them or their staff, or just didn't think to call them, I would want to know.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I am Bidwill I ask this question very seriously. As good of a job Keim did in 2013 he is getting a real lesson from the other GM's this year (so far in the first round). I would be really concerned that he did not contact Cleveland (who traded 3 times in the first round), to me they were by far the most obvious trade partners. If he is holding vendettas against them or their staff, or just didn't think to call them, I would want to know.

Yep, time to fire SK. :doi:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The draft is a very fluid situation. We may never know what happened but there's no guarantee that Cleveland would have been interested two spots earlier. For all we know they had their heart set on the Oregon State receiver and only decided to make the Manziel trade once the Saints grabbed him. As unlikely as that is, there's a thousand other possibilities and that's not even considering the fact you simply can't talk to every team once your decision is in play. There simply isn't time.

Steve

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think we are all missing the obvious question...who would Kevin Costner have picked at 27? Where was Buc on his draft board?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Levi Brown and AP say hello.

Seriously?

Last year both took offensive lineman both hurt early it's a wash but I'll take Badger or Ellington over anyone in the Jags class

Year before both took WR in the first round Floyd coming off a 1000 yard season looking like he well on his way to being a legit #1 in the NFL. Jags took Justin Blackmon... Is that guy even in the league still?

Year before cardinals took Patrick Peterson who's been to the pro bowl every year he been in the league. Jags took Blaine Gabbert... Is that guy even in the league still?

Oh god what's this Jim the referee is stopping it already. Jacksonville hasn't drafted a pro bowl player since 07. How anyone can say these guys are good at the draft is being me

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless, he's the best fit left for us, IMO.

Not that I care about having one in this draft anyway. Bortles went super high (would have been fine with him at 20). JF is too risky, even at 20. Bridgewater...eh.

I'm better off with a safety and if they feel Garappolo or someone is a good value in another round, and grab him, good. If not, good.

I hope it's Jimmy Garoppolo. LOVE his footwork. Ignore the people who say he has happy feet. Even Jaworski and Dilfer dismiss that criticism.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I hope it's Jimmy Garoppolo. LOVE his footwork. Ignore the people who say he has happy feet. Even Jaworski and Dilfer dismiss that criticism.

I think Garoppolo has some positives but I will not go with Jaworski's observations because he really liked Lindley lol

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how are you getting these picks before they're announced?
Twitter

We talked about it earlier and we all agreed to not use it so we could watch it live on TV

I was not on twitter. CBS announced the picks as they happened.

If you want to watch it live on TV maybe this thread isn't for you.

The internet is about instant information.

Seriously? "We all agreed." Uh, where was that agreement? :shrug:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Copy cat league theory was in evidence last night. Safeties and CBs overload a la the Seahawks. Seems contradictory in a league that is emphasizing legislating against malicious hits over concern of player safety. Half dozen safeties taken in the first round seems bizarre. This is a position that hardly ever got mentioned in the 1st round.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Seriously?

Last year both took offensive lineman both hurt early it's a wash but I'll take Badger or Ellington over anyone in the Jags class

Year before both took WR in the first round Floyd coming off a 1000 yard season looking like he well on his way to being a legit #1 in the NFL. Jags took Justin Blackmon... Is that guy even in the league still?

Year before cardinals took Patrick Peterson who's been to the pro bowl every year he been in the league. Jags took Blaine Gabbert... Is that guy even in the league still?

Oh god what's this Jim the referee is stopping it already. Jacksonville hasn't drafted a pro bowl player since 07. How anyone can say these guys are good at the draft is being me

I didn't say Jacksonville was better at drafting than the Cards. I was giving you where a NFL team had the Cards 1st round pick rated. It's you clowns that started the, "well it's Jacksonville, they don't know what they're doing" garbage. Teams rate players differently. If you don't want the info and want to play the hit and miss game, fine. I suppose if Jax had him rated top 10, you'd be singing a different tune.

The Cards have had their share of blunders as well. Every team has. You can bang on Gabbert all you want. He's still had a much more productive career than the similarly drafted Leinart. Blackmon is a very talented player but can't stay off the drugs. That happens sometimes. We'll see on Floyd. A lot of #2 WR's struggle when they have to assume the #1 role.

You can say all you want but there's no bigger NFL draft gaffe in the last 20 years than taking Levi Brown over Adrian Peterson.

Also, do some research on that Terry McDonough guy the Cards hired and plays a prominent role in the draft room. What team did he come from? I'll save you the time, Jacksonville Jaguars.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I am shocked that anyone that watched the film would feel Bortles wasn't the top quarterback. What is so surprising that the number one quarterback with no weaknesses in their game was picked at number 3? Many years he would be first overall.

Agree, Bortles is the best overall QB in this draft, hands down. I think this was an excellent pick by Jax. Manziel went exactly where he should have gone, in the 20s. Doesn't anyone think it odd that if Manziel was all everyone was touting that he should have gone much earlier. Tells me he wasn't exactly at the top of any teams board.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't say Jacksonville was better at drafting than the Cards. I was giving you where a NFL team had the Cards 1st round pick rated. It's you clowns that started the, "well it's Jacksonville, they don't know what they're doing" garbage. Teams rate players differently. If you don't want the info and want to play the hit and miss game, fine. I suppose if Jax had him rated top 10, you'd be singing a different tune.

The Cards have had their share of blunders as well. Every team has. You can bang on Gabbert all you want. He's still had a much more productive career than the similarly drafted Leinart. Blackmon is a very talented player but can't stay off the drugs. That happens sometimes. We'll see on Floyd. A lot of #2 WR's struggle when they have to assume the #1 role.

You can say all you want but there's no bigger NFL draft gaffe in the last 20 years than taking Levi Brown over Adrian Peterson.

Also, do some research on that Terry McDonough guy the Cards hired and plays a prominent role in the draft room. What team did he come from? I'll save you the time, Jacksonville Jaguars.

You left out Beanie wells over lesean McCoy! :)