Robert Meachem
Taylor Price
Marlon Moore
Seyi Ajirotutu
Kyle Williams

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I guess Fitzgerald isn't a great player because his stats don't match up to Jerry Rice. Of course not.

But as long as we are comparing Dansby to Lewis...

First 5 years in the NFL regular season:

Lewis 16 Sacks Dansby 24.5 sacks
Lewis 9 INTs Dansby 9 INTs
Lewis 0 TDs Dansby 2 TDs
Lewis 2 FF Dansby 10 FF

(Interceptions in the Super Bowl: Dansby 1 Lewis 0)

First 10 years in NFL regular season:

Sacks Dansby 38 Lewis 23
Interceptions Dansby 15 Lewis 21
Touchdowns Dansby 4 Lewis 1
Forced fumbles Dansby 17 Lewis 7

Stats are from profootball-reference and nfl.com. Note that stats from the 1990s are not always accurate.

Dansby is a mercenary but that doesn't mean he isn't a very, very good linebacker. Heck 3 different teams have now paid him millions to play for them.

Thanks DJ, I know you have these stats memorized because it's your posts that educated me on how Great Los has been.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am pretty certain Minter is not going to be able to play like Karlos Dansby did last season.

How much the defense will suffer remains to be seen. Still a pretty damn good defense regardless, IMO

Sent from my intergalactic transmorgapher

Keep in mind Minter was brought in to replace Paris Lennon after the 2012 season. We had a solid D then and they believed he would be an upgrade. Dansby coming along was a fluke and a gift but it mostly provided a bandaid when DWash was out. Los played lights out once DWash came back but I am confident DWash elevates any good LB lucky enough to play next to him. I am looking at Miter vs Lennon because Dansby is a different type of player and one that wasnt' worth paying 24M at 33 yrs old.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks DJ, I know you have these stats memorized because it's your posts that educated me on how Great Los has been.

I have them memorized because people have been bagging on Dansby for 10 years. Meanwhile he keeps getting paid millions to play by people who are supposed to know what they're doing. :D

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So I guess Fitzgerald isn't a great player because his stats don't match up to Jerry Rice. Of course not.

But as long as we are comparing Dansby to Lewis...

First 5 years in the NFL regular season:

Lewis 16 Sacks Dansby 24.5 sacks
Lewis 9 INTs Dansby 9 INTs
Lewis 0 TDs Dansby 2 TDs
Lewis 2 FF Dansby 10 FF

(Interceptions in the Super Bowl: Dansby 1 Lewis 0)

First 10 years in NFL regular season:

Sacks Dansby 38 Lewis 23
Interceptions Dansby 15 Lewis 21
Touchdowns Dansby 4 Lewis 1
Forced fumbles Dansby 17 Lewis 7

Stats are from profootball-reference and nfl.com. Note that stats from the 1990s are not always accurate.

Dansby is a mercenary but that doesn't mean he isn't a very, very good linebacker. Heck 3 different teams have now paid him millions to play for them.

Stats are stats whether recorded in the 90's or now. Dansby has never carried a defense on his shoulder or even made a pro-bowl in his career. Dansby finally lived up to all those franchised tags and big contracts he has had this past season. Dansby is lb who played well along the side of Washington and Abraham. Stick Minter in that role by Washington and Abraham and you will get similar production.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Stats are stats whether recorded in the 90's or now. Dansby has never carried a defense on his shoulder or even made a pro-bowl in his career. Dansby finally lived up to all those franchised tags and big contracts he has had this past season. Dansby is lb who played well along the side of Washington and Abraham. Stick Minter in that role by Washington and Abraham and you will get similar production.

No you won't. Talk to me next January when Minter has 19 passes defended. If you were correct Paris Lenon would have had far better numbers than he did. What we'll get from Minter will probably be more like Lenon's production. Which would be just fine as the Defense was solid then as well as last season.

As for the 90's stats get off your high horse. I was referring to the possibility that Lewis may have had more, or less, forced fumbles, sacks etc. in the 1990's not that Lewis stats were probably overstated.

Lewis benefited greatly from playing with Saragusa and Sam Adams and then Ngata and Suggs and Ed Reed. Put Dansby in that role and you would have similar production. See I can do that too. And its just as far retched.

It does say a lot about how good Dansby has been that you have to go to the guy who is regarded by most as the best linebacker in the last 15 years to find someone better than Karlo$.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ray Lewis is a reference to what great players are. Dansby not even close to what Ray Lewis was. Lewis made players around better. Since Lewis retired Suggs had to take a pay cut to stay with the Ravens and ed reed was released from the texans and resigned by his old defensive coordinator Rex Ryan just to have a job.

Dansby first priority is to get paid not win championships or he would have re-upped with the Cardinals. So best wishes to Dansby with the Cleveland Browns.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No you won't. Talk to me next January when Minter has 19 passes defended. If you were correct Paris Lenon would have had far better numbers than he did. What we'll get from Minter will probably be more like Lenon's production. Which would be just fine as the Defense was solid then as well as last season.

As for the 90's stats get off your high horse. I was referring to the possibility that Lewis may have had more, or less, forced fumbles, sacks etc. in the 1990's not that Lewis stats were probably overstated.

Lewis benefited greatly from playing with Saragusa and Sam Adams and then Ngata and Suggs and Ed Reed. Put Dansby in that role and you would have similar production. See I can do that too. And its just as far retched.

It does say a lot about how good Dansby has been that you have to go to the guy who is regarded by most as the best linebacker in the last 15 years to find someone better than Karlo$.

Dansby has always been special in pass coverage. Anyone saying Minter is going to be just as good as that is talking out of their hat. He might make more tackles, I don't know. And, no one else does either. But, the idea, sight unseen, that Minter is going to play all three downs and come up with the pass defense Dansby did? Uh, even by physical measurements that seems like a whole lot of homerism.

It's the same old crap duck. A Cards player leaves, and all of the sudden what he did here is belittled. It reminds of guys who say nothing but great things about a girlfriend, but when they are dumped all the sudden she's turned into a toothless hag.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ray Lewis is a reference to what great players are. Dansby not even close to what Ray Lewis was. Lewis made players around better. Since Lewis retired Suggs had to take a pay cut to stay with the Ravens and ed reed was released from the texans and resigned by his old defensive coordinator Rex Ryan just to have a job.

Dansby first priority is to get paid not win championships or he would have re-upped with the Cardinals. So best wishes to Dansby with the Cleveland Browns.

Ed Reed is 35 years old. Suggs had 10 sacks last season. The Ravens ranked 12th in points allowed in 2013. The exact same ranking they had in 2012 with Ray Lewis.

You can make this stuff say anything you want.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave