Breaking Bad (AMC)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Oliver Stone were any more self-important, he'd sue himself for lack of artistic integrity.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Ollie on the garage door operated machine gun.

Been watching his documentary "Untold History" on Showtime.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Ollie on the garage door operated machine gun.

Been watching his documentary "Untold History" on Showtime.

There are so many things that happen in the Breaking Bad universe that would never happen otherwise, picking on this one is proof he doesn't watch the show and has no emotional investment in it.

The end result provided real catharsis. It was poetic. This show has always been about a metaphorical 21st century problem. It's never been shooting for "this is how it really is." If you want that, you watch The Wire.

I'm sure Stone reads Faust and says, "Wait a minute! The devil isn't real!"

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better Call Saul just moved into my old Necessary Roughness office. I now have to hate that show. :(

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better Call Saul just moved into my old Necessary Roughness office. I now have to hate that show. :(

That show is going to suck major balls I have little doubt.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My wife got me the Heisenberg t-shirt and the hat for Christmas. My 2 favorite gifts by far this year!

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm so late to this party, but whatevs...breaking bad was easily one of the best shows ever. sad to see it end, but it could not have ended more perfectly than it did.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
The wife and I just finished a two week binge and all I can say is wow. What a great show. I'm bummed that its over.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I finally finished the last 3 episodes last night. Great show, probably not in my top 5, but certainly as well made a show as I've ever seen. The editing in that show was spectacular, as well as the acting, of course. How many shows or movies make you hate the good guys? Unbelievably well acted.

Vince Gilligan is a master--that's why Better Call Saul deserves a chance.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally finished the last 3 episodes last night. Great show, probably not in my top 5, but certainly as well made a show as I've ever seen. The editing in that show was spectacular, as well as the acting, of course. How many shows or movies make you hate the good guys? Unbelievably well acted.

Vince Gilligan is a master--that's why Better Call Saul deserves a chance.

I watched the final 5 eps last night. Unreal. Makes the Sopranos final season look even worse. So good. Glad I didn't listen to my former self whenI swore off this show about 5 times.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the final 5 eps last night. Unreal. Makes the Sopranos final season look even worse. So good. Glad I didn't listen to my former self whenI swore off this show about 5 times.

Ozymandias was seriously the best episode of television I've ever watched.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ozymandias was seriously the best episode of television I've ever watched.

that was the third to last episode, right? if so, agreed. nothing I can remember watching on TV was anything as close to as powerful as that hour.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was the third to last episode, right? if so, agreed. nothing I can remember watching on TV was anything as close to as powerful as that hour.

Yep, third to last. It was amazing, perfectly paced and sequenced and absolutely riveting to the core. That episode set the bar for television drama IMO.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, third to last. It was amazing, perfectly paced and sequenced and absolutely riveting to the core. That episode set the bar for television drama IMO.

without a doubt. I was shaken to the core by that episode. as far as I'm concerned, the entire series could have ended with him getting in that car and never being heard from ever again.

in fact, I probably would have preferred that to the fairy tale, everything goes exactly as planned for Walt as if being guided by the hand of God ending we got.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
I was really hoping he would try out his product before dying in the final scene...only thing I didn't like about the ending. Would have finalized the transformation for me of WW.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
without a doubt. I was shaken to the core by that episode. as far as I'm concerned, the entire series could have ended with him getting in that car and never being heard from ever again.

in fact, I probably would have preferred that to the fairy tale, everything goes exactly as planned for Walt as if being guided by the hand of God ending we got.

I agree. In many ways, that was the finale to me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave