24: Live Another Day (FOX)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's been confirmed that 24 will be returning to Fox in the summer of 2014 as a 12-hour "event".

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/13/4326248/fox-reviving-24-for-12-weeks-may-2014

Apparently, the original showrunner said that in any given season, only 12 of the 24 eps were highlight episodes, so why not only use 12 high-octane eps with no filler? Also, the eps will be real-time, but only throughout a 24-hour day. So those bathroom breaks? That's right. Implied.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Was a HUGE 24 fan. But I started to lose interest when Tony Almeida came back from the "dead," only to be evil, which was basically a big F U to the fans and something that could be seen from a mile away. (Those wacky writers and their plot twists!) I still haven't gotten around to watching the last 20 or so episodes of the final season.

At this point I only vaguely remember the plots of the past few seasons. But maybe I'll get around to finally watching the last season after reading this.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was a HUGE 24 fan. But I started to lose interest when Tony Almeida came back from the "dead," only to be evil, which was basically a big F U to the fans and something that could be seen from a mile away. (Those wacky writers and their plot twists!) I still haven't gotten around to watching the last 20 or so episodes of the final season.

At this point I only vaguely remember the plots of the past few seasons. But maybe I'll get around to finally watching the last season after reading this.

I thought it was a huge mistake to kill off Michelle and Tony, a mistake which could only be surpassed by introducing dark-side Tony.

Steve

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bauer was a great TV character, so resurrecting him is not necessarily a bad idea. The problem was with the writing. If they could get Homeland-style writing then this could be interesting. But this is network TV, so they won't.

I honestly don't remember any of the story lines after the first season, other than moles and people being tortured, and I have watched them all. That's how memorable those years were.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
At this point I only vaguely remember the plots of the past few seasons.

Was it terrorists threaten to blow something up? That's the plotline for every season that I can remember.

The 24 drinking game was the best. Take a shot, or drink, anytime someone says "What?". :D

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty happy about it. One of my favorite shows of all time, despite some of the bad writing at times.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
It's going to be called "24: Live Another Day"

In a surprising twist, Jack dies at the end.

Also, Chuck Norris should be the bad guy, so we can settle this thing once and for all.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it terrorists threaten to blow something up? That's the plotline for every season that I can remember.

Yes each season the threat changes.

Terrorist have a ____________

a) Nuclear warhead
b) Suitcase nuke
c) Nerve gas
d) Biological weapon

It's all formula script, but I don't care. Love this show and happy to see it come back.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the first season of this when it was on TV back in the day and enjoyed every minute of it.. Then started the second season and lost complete interest..

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Yes each season the threat changes.

Terrorist have a ____________

a) Nuclear warhead
b) Suitcase nuke
c) Nerve gas
d) Biological weapon

It's all formula script, but I don't care. Love this show and happy to see it come back.

Let there be no misunderstanding, I love seeing this show come back.

I'm the guy with the Jack Bauer man-purse. It's perfect for my laptop, pistol, and my organic chemistry model set.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
24: Live Another Day Gets May Premiere Date, Adds Yvonne Strahovski to Cast

http://www.eonline.com/news/498715/...-premiere-date-adds-yvonne-strahovski-to-cast

Watch out Chuck Bartowski, Jack Bauer's horning in on your woman. Yvonne Strahovski has joined the cast of 24: Live Another Day, which will premiere on Monday, May 4 at 8 p.m. on Fox, the network announced at the 2014 Winter TCA Press Tour on Monday.

The former Chuck and Dexter star will join the miniseries event opposite Kiefer Sutherland and Kim Raver. Strahovski will play a CIA operative based in London.

Set and shot in London, 24: Live Another Day, follows Jack Bauer (Sutherland) as he attempts to stop a terrorist attack that could change the world…forever.

The 24 revival will retain the real-time format that made the Fox drama a hit when it first debuted.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could work out pretty well, as long as they quit bringing back seemingly dead characters for no apparent reason.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are they calling it 24 if they are only doing 12 episodes in the "real time" hour format? Just because of branding?

I suggest it should be called "12: Live Another Half-Day"

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Actually, after the 4th season the show took a sharp turn down. The first season was absolutely brilliant and ground breaking. The 2nd season was good with the exception of the totally useless Kim Bauer side plot. 3rd season was good as well. 4th was OK but after that, it was all down hill. They start killing off major characters and it all gets convoluted not to mention that Jack's badassery had worn off by season 4. The show ended 2 seasons late IMO.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, after the 4th season the show took a sharp turn down. The first season was absolutely brilliant and ground breaking. The 2nd season was good with the exception of the totally useless Kim Bauer side plot. 3rd season was good as well. 4th was OK but after that, it was all down hill. They start killing off major characters and it all gets convoluted not to mention that Jack's badassery had worn off by season 4. The show ended 2 seasons late IMO.

:thumbup:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm going to disagree. I thought in seasons 6-7 after adding the Renee Walker character really made it interesting again.

But yeah, Haysbert as prez in season 1-2 was the best president by far. His wife character was a total bitch and that was fun.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are they calling it 24 if they are only doing 12 episodes in the "real time" hour format? Just because of branding?

I suggest it should be called "12: Live Another Half-Day"

Jack is getting older and naps and time spent sleeping and/or daydreaming will be deducted from the countdown. :cool:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson