Time to admit it: This is a terrible football team.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're not good but the 2 big surprises to me have been how bad Palmer has been in the pocket, and how poorly prepared we are.

Arians talked a good game and has a career of evidence he can back it up but my god week after week players line up wrong. Forget the plays etc.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're not good but the 2 big surprises to me have been how bad Palmer has been in the pocket, and how poorly prepared we are.

Arians talked a good game and has a career of evidence he can back it up but my god week after week players line up wrong. Forget the plays etc.
Ya, even Fitz lined up wrong. Weirdness, but maybe it is a less vanilla offense they are used to?

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
Believe it or not, we are tied for the 11th best record in the NFL.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Not me. Even the horrendous 2003 team was 4-4 at home. The team is bad but we still have a chance.

Say we win 5 of our 8 home games which is very possible and win four road games (TB who we already beat, Jax easy win, Philly they are worse then us, Tenn no QB now) that leads us to 9 wins and get one upset or so and we are in the playoffs. If Palmer gets smarter this can happen he made three bad decisions costing up points. We could have easily won 30-10.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Say we win 5 of our 8 home games which is very possible and win four road games (TB who we already beat, Jax easy win, Philly they are worse then us, Tenn no QB now) that leads us to 9 wins and get one upset or so and we are in the playoffs. If Palmer gets smarter this can happen he made three bad decisions costing up points. We could have easily won 30-10.
Locker got hurt? I thought he has been lighting it up? And I am not so sure Philly is for sure worse than the Cards.

I typed Ponder. Meant Locker. Same guy.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Locker got hurt? I thought he has been lighting it up? And I am not so sure Philly is for sure worse than the Cards.

I typed Ponder. Meant Locker. Same guy.

Locker got a hip injury yesterday on a cheap shot and is out for about 6 weeks. Philly might have the worst defense in football besides jax and who knows who the QB will be by then.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
We are actually better than I originally thought we'd be. I think we're still about 4-6 weeks away from the offense coming together... assuming we still have most of our starters available. Does anyone know College's status?

Go Cards!!!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Our offense is simply way too complicated. We're trying to do 300/400 level course work when we haven't even grasped the 100/200 level stuff.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our offense is simply way too complicated. We're trying to do 300/400 level course work when we haven't even grasped the 100/200 level stuff.
Well, unless you want more vanilla offense in November and December, good idea to try to implement a real NFL offense in September and October.

Right?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Well, unless you want more vanilla offense in November and December, good idea to try to implement a real NFL offense in September and October.

Right?

Execution is more important to me than excitement. I'd focus on getting the basics perfected, then move on to the hot sauce, but what do I know?

bigredjane

& amp; quot ;Car d s Crazy
Reaction score
Negmiesters

I used to love to read and post on this site because it was mostly really Cardinal Football fans! The last couple of years it has become so depressing to read the posts that I rarely even bother. Where are the upbeat fans who never jump off even when the ship is listing? We are only four games into the season and already most are predicting disaster! I find there are so many positives with some of the new players and I think we finally have a real coach! Too bad, I used to look to this site for fun and pride in our team but not anymore. I go back to when we met at half time at Sun Devil Stadium in 110 !!And when we went up to Flag for camp there was always just a few of us always there, including the father of this site Skorp, he would be very upset if he knew what this has become! RIP:sad:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I used to love to read and post on this site because it was mostly really Cardinal Football fans! The last couple of years it has become so depressing to read the posts that I rarely even bother. Where are the upbeat fans who never jump off even when the ship is listing? We are only four games into the season and already most are predicting disaster! I find there are so many positives with some of the new players and I think we finally have a real coach! Too bad, I used to look to this site for fun and pride in our team but not anymore. I go back to when we met at half time at Sun Devil Stadium in 110 !!And when we went up to Flag for camp there was always just a few of us always there, including the father of this site Skorp, he would be very upset if he knew what this has become! RIP:sad:

I still think the glass is half-full, but losing Jonathan Cooper for the season was a crushing blow.

This team could easily be 3-1 or 0-4, that's how the season is going to go IMO. If we get a lot of breaks and good bounces like Indy got last season, we've got a shot at 9-7, if not, we could end up 4-12. But the team has to stop shooting itself in the foot with stupid penalties and missed assignments [Cardinals beating Cardinals].

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
We are actually better than I originally thought we'd be. I think we're still about 4-6 weeks away from the offense coming together... assuming we still have most of our starters available. Does anyone know College's status?

Go Cards!!!

Interesting comment from BA today, "The offense, Arians said, “was putrid.” Asked if this offense usually takes this amount of time, Arians shook his head. “I haven’t seen it take this long ever.”

I have to admit, he is much more upfront and vocal than any other coach I can ever remember. Except for maybe Buddy Ryan, but I'm not nearly ready to make that comparison.

Go Cards!!!

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was just thinking about this yesterday. We win and there are people on here just lambasting the Cards. Why not enjoy it for at least one day and be happy we figured out a way to win? I've never understood how people can be so negative about something they have no control over. It is what it is.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this yesterday. We win and there are people on here just lambasting the Cards. Why not enjoy it for at least one day and be happy we figured out a way to win? I've never understood how people can be so negative about something they have no control over. It is what it is.

If this game went down the same way and we beat the Patriots, the Broncos, or the Seahawks, we'd be singing their praises.

But they weren't playing a good team, or even a competent team. We struggled mightily against the Bucs. The freaking Bucs! And their rooking QB!

Winning on the road, especially on the East Coast, is tough. But we escaped losing to a garbage team by the skin of our teeth. What does that make us? Certainly not contenders.

That being said, I am thrilled to be 2-2 with a chance to still figure things out. I just wish it didn't feel like they were regressing before our eyes.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this game went down the same way and we beat the Patriots, the Broncos, or the Seahawks, we'd be singing their praises.

But they weren't playing a good team, or even a competent team. We struggled mightily against the Bucs. The freaking Bucs! And their rooking QB!

Winning on the road, especially on the East Coast, is tough. But we escaped losing to a garbage team by the skin of our teeth. What does that make us? Certainly not contenders.

That being said, I am thrilled to be 2-2 with a chance to still figure things out. I just wish it didn't feel like they were regressing before our eyes.

Bingo.

I can't imagine any fan base, except for jax, having a circle jerk after that game yesterday. I'm stoked with a W and a chance to 3-2 next weekend, but that game gave everyone A LOT to talk about, a lot of it negative.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

The Bucs are certainly not the Pats, Broncos or Hawks... Yet, they are the #4 ranked defense in the NFC (points per game). They're 12th in yards per game.
They are also ranked 10th in rushing yards per game.
They are definitely not a "garbage team."

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
But we escaped losing to a garbage team by the skin of our teeth. What does that make us? Certainly not contenders.

Cards fans tend to disrespect the competition. Not saying the Bucs are great or anything, but they have some talent. Week 1 they should have beaten the Jets in NY (but for a penalty), then they lost at home to a really good New Orleans team by only 2 points (and held Brees an Co to only 16 points!), then hung fairly tough @ New England before finally losing 23-3. It was overly optimistic to expect anything but a tough game in the Sombrero.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Cards fans tend to disrespect the competition. Not saying the Bucs are great or anything, but they have some talent. Week 1 they should have beaten the Jets in NY (but for a penalty), then they lost at home to a really good New Orleans team by only 2 points (and held Brees an Co to only 16 points!), then hung fairly tough @ New England before finally losing 23-3. It was overly optimistic to expect anything but a tough game in the Sombrero.

Perhaps calling them "Garbage" was a bit harsh, but they are not a good team. They are what their record says they are and so far, they are 0-4. Wouldn't be surprised if they are drafting in the top 5 spots next year.

Watch as teams load the box and dare the new QB to beat them through the air. We saw how that game played out last season. Their D may keep them in some games, but eventually, they will have a few 58-0 stinkers of their own.

If not for some bone-headed play by Detroit and TB, we might very well be 0-4 as well. We have been the beneficiaries of two really undisciplined opponents early this season. I just don't want to keep counting on those kinds of breaks. We are the Cardinals, after all.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bucs are certainly not the Pats, Broncos or Hawks... Yet, they are the #4 ranked defense in the NFC (points per game). They're 12th in yards per game.
They are also ranked 10th in rushing yards per game.
They are definitely not a "garbage team."

They're 0-4, with a rookie 3rd pick. They're the very definition of a garbage team...same as we were last year.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
They're 0-4, with a rookie 3rd pick. They're the very definition of a garbage team...same as we were last year.

Whateva dude... you're wrong... JAX is a garbage team... The Jets are a garbage team...
The Bucs are not...

And by the way - I am not at all trying make our win something it's not. It's a hard earned road victory over a team that, while talented, we should expect to beat.
But nope... they are definitely not a garbage team...