Cards Sign Lorenzo Alexander

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yep, signed with Arizona over San Fran because they said he would be the starter at WOLB. Also paid him over 3 per year after he played in Washington for 700k last year. My only hope is that they move Acho to SOLB where he belongs IMO.

Their move to add a pass rusher is paying a 29 year old ST ace to start at WOLB. Classic Cardinals. Apparently this is our front office's homage to 2002. Well Graves, apparently the student has become the master (Keim).

The more things change...

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Jurecki said Alexander is the penned in starter

no Maualuga or Brinkley i guess

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki
Hearing Lorenzo Alexander is projected to play inside next to DWashington, don't know IF he's starter that will be based who they sign/draft

Its not WOLB it SILB and of course he is penciled in to start at this point there is no other real ILBer on the roster. Heres hoping Jasper Brinkly doesnt leave without a contact tomorrow.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Sounds like a lesser version of the Stewart Brdaley contract excpet that Bradley had actually played LB. Giving $3 Mill/year to this guy is ridiculous. They more than quadrupled his salary and named him a starter......based on what?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So Jurecki is saying SILB and Alexander is saying WOLB. I guess we will see when a depth chart is released.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Yep, signed with Arizona over San Fran because they said he would be the starter at WOLB. Also paid him over 3 per year after he played in Washington for 700k last year. My only hope is that they move Acho to SOLB where he belongs IMO.

Their move to add a pass rusher is paying a 29 year old ST ace to start at WOLB. Classic Cardinals. Apparently this is our front office's homage to 2002. Well Graves, apparently the student has become the master (Keim).

Honestly some of you guys are straight clowns. Doubt he's starting opening day even though that's what he's telling the media in MARCH. Brinkley Acho and Scho all starting over this guy.

We are 5 weeks into a regime and 2 days into FA where all they did was cut overpaid malcontent/declining players and signed a bunch of mid level guys to reasonable deals and people's faces are already melting. Saying absolute crap comments like "Gee willikers Kiem is just like Graves" with really no evidence to support such lazy analysis. Explain how signing 6 FAs to reasonable deals 3 days into FA is anything like Graves?

We are starting over. Cutting the high paid players that K9 spent all last season bitching about is the first part of the plan. Drafting well is next. And hopefully we find our Russell Wilson sometime this year or next.

I for one have faith we have the right guy picking and right guy coaching that position so I'm going to stick with this is the RIGHT way to do this.

I can already tell next season is going to be awesome on this board. the masochists will have so much to complain about they won't know what to do with themselves.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly some of you guys are straight clowns. Doubt he's starting opening day even though that's what he's telling the media in MARCH. Brinkley Acho and Scho all starting over this guy.

We are 5 weeks into a regime and 2 days into FA where all they did was cut overpaid malcontent/declining players and signed a bunch of mid level guys to reasonable deals and people's faces are already melting. Saying absolute crap comments like "Gee willikers Kiem is just like Graves" with really no evidence to support such lazy analysis. Explain how signing 6 FAs to reasonable deals 3 days into FA is anything like Graves?

We are starting over. Cutting the high paid players that K9 spent all last season bitching about is the first part of the plan. Drafting well is next. And hopefully we find our Russell Wilson sometime this year or next.

I for one have faith we have the right guy picking and right guy coaching that position so I'm going to stick with this is the RIGHT way to do this.

I can already tell next season is going to be awesome on this board. the masochists will have so much to complain about they won't know what to do with themselves.

Why not just talk football instead of trying to start a flame war?

I was wrong here. Glad we got Brinkley. Alexander is now really good depth signing.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

If we were doing this on offense, you might have a point. But facts are that we have turned over the depth chart on our best unit in 2012, and basically ignored changing our worst unit from 2012. How does replacing talented players who are on 1 year contracts with less talented players to essentially one year contracts improve our team for the future if we don't use that money to improve our offense?

But, by all means, continue to be a dick and spouting on about how we are making moves to make the team better in 2014 when we clearly aren't other than getting rid of Bradley and Kolb.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If we were doing this on offense, you might have a point. But facts are that we have turned over the depth chart on our best unit in 2012, and basically ignored changing our worst unit from 2012. How does replacing talented players who are on 1 year contracts with less talented players to essentially one year contracts improve our team for the future if we don't use that money to improve our offense?

But, by all means, continue to be a dick and spouting on about how we are making moves to make the team better in 2014 when we clearly aren't other than getting rid of Bradley and Kolb.

Bro, that's clown talk bro, stop whining, keeping our powder dry and prepping for the future bro.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Players you thought were great just a few months ago?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bro, that's clown talk bro, stop whining, keeping our powder dry and prepping for the future bro.

How does cutting players with one year remaining on their contracts, and then replacing them with less talented players who are signed to, essentially, one year contracts prep this team for the future?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
How does cutting players with one year remaining on their contracts, and then replacing them with less talented players who are signed to, essentially, one year contracts prep this team for the future?

He forgot the sarcasm smilie.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score

I think he was being sarcastic.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

My guess would be that they like what they see for the most part from the receivers and TEs and that is probably why they haven't really been looking at those positions. They also did address the RB position, but it is hard to say if that move will be a good one just yet. This is a deep Oline draft and that is probably the deepest talent pool in this years draft thus they will likely be looking to draft at least a couple. Not really any QBs in free agency this year that are good enough or fit BA style of offense to make a big splash there.

I understand the logic about making so many changes to the one good side of the ball, but in the NFL if you're not evolving and making changes than you are falling behind. For the most part the cuts and signing on the defense have made that side of the ball younger and in some ways more talented. If they can still get their hands on someone like Cason or Dumervil (if he gets cut) than this would be a successful free agency period IMO.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
So we still pissed off even after todays signings? I would say at thispoint we are arguably more talented, defintely better depth wise, and inarguably cheaper then last year on defense.

And I think the best part is going to be the draft anyway. If we dotn get 3 longterm startes with Keim runnign things im going to be seriously disappointed.

Listen bitching and moaning about the moves and SOC is your perogative. That wasnt my issue. My issue is lumping Keim and Grave in the same group and saying the "apprentice learned from the master".... thats BS talk and again nothing that has happened this offseason so far even remotely justifies that.

It may not end up working but there is no doubt its DIFFERENT. ANd since Rod Graves was our previous GM Ill take different and run with it.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Players you thought were great just a few months ago?

I thought Kolb, Wilson, Bradley, Rhodes, and Beanie were great? Maybe pre 2013. But this lasy year dried out all the Kool aid in me. And all those guys were over paid and the opposite of warriors (again minus AW)

Now Im at the point that I was happy to see all of them go except maybe AW, and thats only because of sentimental reasons, not football reasons.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So we still pissed off even after todays signings? I would say at thispoint we are arguably more talented, defintely better depth wise, and inarguably cheaper then last year on defense.

And I think the best part is going to be the draft anyway. If we dotn get 3 longterm startes with Keim runnign things im going to be seriously disappointed.

Listen bitching and moaning about the moves and SOC is your perogative. That wasnt my issue. My issue is lumping Keim and Grave in the same group and saying the "apprentice learned from the master".... thats BS talk and again nothing that has happened this offseason so far even remotely justifies that.

It may not end up working but there is no doubt its DIFFERENT. ANd since Rod Graves was our previous GM Ill take different and run with it.

I'll hold you to that, but you'll wiggle out of it by saying "You can't believe anything I say! I'm a fan!" like you do with every bogus prediction you make.